Kingdom Compound Coffee Morning

Oops!  I forgot to add Jillndave....  Please be sure to pass this on to your better half!  :lol::lol::lol:

Im sure she too would love to have some time with us Gals!  :top:

i havent gotten any one else to respond. so its CAF, GWTF, Janric NZpounamu... and me makes 5 :) brilliant. i think CAF, if u think any newbies need inviting you should bring them as well... is NONZ not traveling to pakistan? if she's here i would love to have her as well.... the paki ladies should bring it! it would make for a nice cultural mix!

Monday 10th January 9:30am to 1:00pm? i gotta pick my kids up after that :) if the time is good i shall post a new thread and then PM everyone who says they're coming.

Just for reference i live off of old airport road on the street where the Panasonic show room and tamimi supermarket face each other... its super close to Sahara mall.

Jill n Dave are most welcome as well ;)

Hey ladies

im keen to meet up,plz send me details wizard:)

Miss B84 you are most welcome to join us! i would be honored! I will PM everyone whose coming, by wednesday evening with directions and my cell number :)

wizardofnaz wrote:

i havent gotten any one else to respond. so its CAF, GWTF, Janric NZpounamu... and me makes 5 :) brilliant. i think CAF, if u think any newbies need inviting you should bring them as well... is NONZ not traveling to pakistan? if she's here i would love to have her as well.... the paki ladies should bring it! it would make for a nice cultural mix!

Monday 10th January 9:30am to 1:00pm? i gotta pick my kids up after that :) if the time is good i shall post a new thread and then PM everyone who says they're coming.

Just for reference i live off of old airport road on the street where the Panasonic show room and tamimi supermarket face each other... its super close to Sahara mall.

Jill n Dave are most welcome as well ;)

Excellent, all sounds good - looking forward to meeting you then :)

I have created a new thread... rsvp on there please ladies!

LADIES of Expat.com Coffee Morning

Nice Thread:)

Tuffu_Muffu - welcome!  Unfortunately for you, coffee morning are for the ladies.  The only place where I have seen men in attendance is at Kingdom Compound and they are generally the vendors or spouses of the attendees.   
Im sure that if you get involved with the Blog and become a regular, you may be invited to attend one of the guys meet-ups or possibly an Expat get together.  But you have to prove yourself here first by participating and telling us about yourself.

wizardofnaz wrote:

I have created a new thread... rsvp on there please ladies!

LADIES of Expat.com Coffee Morning

Are everyone ladies here? Yeah i know its hard to find singles :P

Tuffu Muffu Reminds me of some icecream i ate when i was a kid :P

@ Saqib: Ladies only mate, lets leave them alone to gossip over here in peace.. :)

:top:

RedGoblin wrote:

@ Saqib: Ladies only mate, lets leave them alone to gossip over here in peace.. :)

Gossip!  What, us - never .... :whistle:

New to Riyhad please let me know when you have your next coffee morning.

hii all..
i heared that there is a Bazar this monday (march, 7)on the kingdom compound, so can anyone come or i should put my name on a list or something?
please help me im new in riyadh, and i would realllly like to enter this compound..
thanx

Oh i guess i m bit late for it:)

No Nonz, it starts at 9am this morning!  Go and have some fun!!!

Any of us would be joining it ?:)

Nonz, all expat women are invited to attend and there is no need to put your name on the compound list.  Its a big bazar with over 75 tables...  Lots of great stuff to purchase.  Im out of the country or I would go - its my favorite Coffee morning.  :top:  Go with some friends and have a look around  (bring cash!!!) have a coffee and chat.  Couldn't be more fun!  Go enjoy!!!  :cool:

Oh Cool!!! would it be possible for u to pm me the location :rolleyes:..I know i  m asking for too much :(

Nonz,

Did you enjoy the coffee morning?

:( My hubby was too busy to take me there and he did not allow me to go by cab :mad:

nonz wrote:

:( My hubby was too busy to take me there and he did not allow me to go by cab :mad:

:unsure  did not allow you to go by cab?  Why?  :rolleyes:

He thinks its not safe for women to travel by Cab in Riyadh:(

What happened to all the private Drivers' numbers that you have?  :whistle:

Hi ladies. I am in Riyadh and would like to meet up.
Please let me know when you have your next coffee morning.:)

DRose wrote:

Hey DRose, happy birthday to you today! What have you planned to celebrate the occasion?

nonz wrote:

Sorry Nonz, but I find that quite bizarre! We have a range of reliable and trustworthy drivers in Riyadh which we use often and we have provided these numbers and are happy to share again.  It's bad enough for the Saudi restrictions on women here, let alone additional manmade ones! Besides, we feel deprived of seeing you every time we arrange a gathering. Miss you Nonzy :sosad:

gowiththeflowUK wrote:
DRose wrote:

Hey DRose, happy birthday to you today! What have you planned to celebrate the occasion?

Thank you!)
Nothing special for today. Maybe family visit to a restaurant..

DRose

Happy Birthday!  Hope you have a fabulous day... 

My brother shares the same date :)

Expat.com LADIES COFFEE MORNING
Monday 21st March
09:30 until 12noon
Eid Villas Compound (further details only once attendance confirmed and details exchanged)
r.s.v.p.  by private message to gowiththeflowUK by Friday 18th March

gowiththeflowUK wrote:
nonz wrote:

Sorry Nonz, but I find that quite bizarre! We have a range of reliable and trustworthy drivers in Riyadh which we use often and we have provided these numbers and are happy to share again.  It's bad enough for the Saudi restrictions on women here, let alone additional manmade ones! Besides, we feel deprived of seeing you every time we arrange a gathering. Miss you Nonzy :sosad:

I understand your concerned,My man is just not conservative but yes,he is extra conscious due to to some (unverified)cab driver stories.Even now when i read your post to him he was smiling and rephrased same dialogue"I trust u but I do not trust *The system*in Riyadh and my heart just do not allow to let u go on your own"  :unsure

Cutting the crap,I have got this irresistible offer from a friend in blog,next time we can make it work together :top:..INSHALLAH :)

@Nonz, well the good message from your reply is that your husband clearly loves you very much as he doesn't want any harm to come to you :) that's nice.  Glad you have a plan up your sleeve so that we will see you soon :D

CAF wrote:

Ladies
(And Gents)

For those of you not working during the day, Kingdom Compound is hosting a Coffee morning, but its really a huge Market, tomorrow, Monday from 9-1130am.  All of the Expat women can attend, not so sure about the men, but I have seen quite a few men there in the past.

There are all kinds of things on sale, its a regular market place, with flowers, furniture, clothes, Abayas, trinkets, jewelry, linens, food, etc., for sale.  They host this event the first Monday of every month.  Great for getting holiday gifts!

Im going over at 930am so please feel free to join me!  We can have a look around then maybe get some lunch.

Hope to see you there!

Ahh!  I read this too late.  Sincerely hope I can attend the next one - when is it?

johanendina

Welcome to the blog!  Of course we will be sure to invite you to the next event!  Hope to see you around the forum!  :)

Hi am nanahafsah new in Expat.com wish to join u guys.i hope im welcome?

Nana...  Welcome to the forum.  When you get to Riyadh let us know and we will invite you to a coffee morning!  In the mean time, hang out with us right here on the blog and have some fun.  Your'll meet some wonderful people!

Regards,

Dear CAF,

I like Kingdom Compound is hosting a Coffee morning, How do I join please let me know.

Regards
Faheem

Sorry Faheem - its only for women!

Who's going on monday?