Howdy All

I have just moved to Brussels and am currently looking for work. But more importantly looking for some clubs to join and people to meet. I'm after some advice on where to find some clubs or groups on photography and fitness eg running and training groups. Any advise would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Trav

Hello Travster!

Welcome to Expat-blog!:)

Your discussion has been moved to Brussels forum for better networking with members.

Also, i would advise you to view Brussels classifieds and particularly the following categories:community and jobs. You could even post an advert.

Hope that you establish new contacts soon.

Regards,
Sheetul

Sheetul wrote:

Also, i would advise you to view Brussels classifieds and particularly the following categories:community and jobs. You could even post an advert.

Not trying to be rude here but why do all staff seem so anxious to shove everyone off to the classifieds? This is the 2nd time recently when someone's post had nothing to do with that, and they were told to go there. :/ Did you even read more than his first sentence?? He said he was posting because he wanted info on groups/clubs relating to fitness & photography. How will classifieds help him?? :rolleyes:

Travster, I'm sorry, I'm not in Brussels so I can't really answer your question. However, have you heard of CouchSurfing? If not, check out couchsurfing.org and join up, you don't even ever have to host or surf if you don't to, you can simply check out meetings to meet locals, and ask for advice from the folks in Brussels regarding clubs/groups. They will definitely be able to answer your questions, and you can very likely meet up with some at meetings or probably even have someone show you around the city a bit. Good luck! :D

Melby wrote:
Sheetul wrote:

Not trying to be rude here but why do all staff seem so anxious to shove everyone off to the classifieds? This is the 2nd time recently when someone's post had nothing to do with that, and they were told to go there. :/ Did you even read more than his first sentence?? He said he was posting because he wanted info on groups/clubs relating to fitness & photography. How will classifieds help him?? :rolleyes::D

Melby, that's a great point! But perhaps it  might be more suited to the Brussels classified section? I've no doubt that would be the most relevant section where you'll get a comprehensive response to your comment. You could even post an advert...

:D ah no only joking. Will be heading to Brussels myself for  a year so have found this info very helpful -cheers!

LoL. Well I hope you enjoy your time there. =)

Hey guys!
I'm new in Brussels and want to meet people...! Not really easy to make friends when you know nothing of the town... :s
Keep me in touch if you want to have a drink or go for a walk one day :)
Lily

Lily, if you decide to explore more of Belgium and check out Antwerpen (only about a half hr by train), I'd be glad to show you around here.