Taiwanese Etiquette

i'd like to ask what are some do's and don't in regards to Taiwanese etiquette.

for instance shaking hands in some Asian cultures is a no no; taking off one's shoes before entering an office, house or shop is a must.
touching or pointing at anything with one's feet is considered bad manners or eating with the left hand, for example. 

losing one's temper in public is also a big no no in most Asian countries - just grin & bear the inconvenience - in fact it will deter most people if someone loses their calm.  also criticizing the host country, politics or even monarchy won't get much sympathy for the visitor.

is there anything in particular that differentiates Taiwanese etiquette to most Asian / Western cultures ? 

so what's your advice to a foreigner visiting Taiwan for the first time in terms of etiquette ?

thanks

..guess im addressing the wrong crowd..

Hi gulfport,

After some research,I have come across this article where there are quite some handy information.

You may want to have a look at it --> ediplomat.com/np/cultural_etiquette/ce_tw.htm ,while our members on the forum shed more light on this :)

Cheers

Mishna

I know that you should never give a clock or watch to anyone as a gift.  It's considered very bad.  Sometimes the recipient will give you some money so that it is as if he is buying the time piece from you and that you're not giving it to them as a gift.