Permanent residency for non working / not married skilled UE citizen

Hello guys,
i post here because every information i find are really confusing.
I'm an IT engineer which is working on personal web projects and getting income from it since 3 years. I'm used to go to Ukraine often but never for more than 3 month because of their visa policy...

Well, the thing is, i'm now living in poland and would like to move to ukraine permanently. I'm not married and not planning to do it. And i'm not looking for a job either. Avoiding having to get one would be great.

So my question is, in my situation, is it possible to get permanent immigration to Ukraine? I saw in the categories that they have a quota for "artist" and "scientist". But it's really vague and it's hard to find any more particular informations about it. Is IT engineer comes to their "scientist" category? I'm also musician/singer in an amateur way. Can that go into the "artist" category?

Well, i'm really confused and i would be glad if you guys could give me some more information if i can actually apply and if i have chance to get permanent residency in my specific situation.
Ps: I'm From U.E. I'm French.

Thanks you :)

Hi , Short answer is that to my knowledge the answer is no.
But go to your local Ukrainian embassy in person or call them and ask and they should clarify the situation.

I found the one in London really helpful and very knowledgeable on the subject of residency.

Hope that helps a little

Hi. What programming languages do you know?

Hello,
i had experience with C, C++, java, python, web (php, html, javascript, css, sql)

I would consider setting up a company in Ukraine and being its director. This gives you an option of obtaining a work permit and temporary residency for one year that you will be able to renew annually.

That's an interesting idea. Do you have any idea about the paperwork to be done? And if you need to have a certain amount of money to invest?

Im a lawyer so yes i know about the process. To keep your company alive you will need to pay for its nominal address around 100 usd per year and pay a salary for yourself:) Also you will need to pay an accountant for keeping your accounting records but the fee will be minimal as the company will not carry out any activity.

Hi Slade.

There are only 2 ways of obtaining residency in Ukraine,  that i know of.

1.  you can invest money in Ukraine,  and become citizen.....amount of money needed is $100.000

2. The second way is to marry a Ukrainian national.  This provides you with indefinite leave to remain through the Family Code of Ukraine from the second you get married.

you can find the information through this link.  odessatalk.com/2011/04/permanent-residency-in-ukraine/