Internet speeds and packages/prices

hi all,

can anyone give me a rundown on internet pricing and packages that is/are available in nha trang?

what type of speeds are available and are the plans unlimited (or do they have download quotas) and what type of technology is being offered?

a strong and reliable internet service is vital for me and i need to have to have an understanding as to what is available.

thanks

g

Internet is vital for me also.

You mean gsm packages or land lines?

If gsm check here:
mobifone.com.vn/portal1/en/services/home/internet/dichvu3g/mobile_internet_gc.jsp
Other companies are more of less the same.
It is not very convinient for work becouse of limits.

Maybe just choose a place to live with great internet connection? I did that (unlimited 50/50 Mbit/s).

Hi,

You should ask your neighbor which internet service is the best. It is better for me to use VNPT but for my friend, who doesn't live so far, to use Viettel.

The price is usually about 165 000d/month.

Regards

hi all,

thanks for the responses - so far :-)

i am looking for landlines - not 3 or 4g. 

I would like to be able to ask my neighbours but i don't know who they are yet ( as i haven't moved there yet).   basically, the area with the good and reliable internet capability his where i would like to be.

Is it possible to get a map as to which company has connected a specific region or specific area of Nha trang?

My net connection is for business reasons - but with possible 50/50 unlimited accounts for residential reasons than i won't be opening a business account (as that is more than what i have now).  but i just need a good connection.

so anyway, how do i know which company services which areas?

thanks

g

I agree - VNPT and Viettel are ok. FPT not so good.

For 165 000d/month you can get ordinary vietnamese connection - way to week to work via console (real time), VPN or make high quality video conferences with Europe. Maybe it will be enough for you, my needs are above average.

Better quality starts with 1 000 000/month (~50$). You need to ask providers for business packets.

> so anyway, how do i know which company services which areas?

Just check while looking for place. It will be the most reliable solution.

Hi,

Yesterday I went to register viettel internet. 3mb internet is 180 000d/month. 12mb internet (fiber) is 275. 000d/month

Regards