Visa for 6 months

Hi guys,

My partner and I are Canadians and we want to live 6 months in Thailand. We both run an online business so we won't be looking for work in Thailand. Could you please tell me what type of visa we could get for our situation? I know that we could get a 60 days tourist visa that we can renew 30 days in Thailand, but what happens after that? Or are there any visa that will allow us to stay here for 6 months without having to renew anything?

Thanks for your help, I appreciate

You should find all informations in the Thai embassy in Canada, see link :
http://www.thaiembassy.ca/en/visiting-t … urist-visa

If the embassy does not issue multiple entries for Tourist Visas, you will have to extend it here in Thailand at the immigration...

A tourist visa single entry will give you 60 days, you can extend it for a further 30 days in Thailand ( see immigration, I think the fee is 1,900 THB ), that means a total of 90 days for a single entry, you should get your 6 moths stay here with a double entries tourist visa with some extensions and border run.

two tourist visas ( multiple entry ) from thai embassy or consulate.

each one is valid for 3 months - the second one is extendable to 30 days.

total = 7 months.  just need to make one border crossing after the first 3 months.

Thanks guys, I will check if my local consulate offers multiple-entry, which would be ideal. Cheers!!