Hi
Would like to know what this is.
Why do I need it.
What does it cost.
Where do I get it.
Regards Gert

Hello Gert,
welcome to Expat.com :)

May I know where you got this information from?

To me this looks like a document employers do need to get not an employee?

Hi
This is on my contract from the HR manager from Frazimax.

This is an approval from the NIS (Nigerian Immigration Services) which confirms that your company has a quota position for your job in Nigeria.

Do not accept a job in Nigeria unless this has been confirmed. If you get caught working on a business visa, you WILL go to jail.

Well, basically, when applying for a TWP (Temporary Work Permit) or STR (Subject To Regularisation) visa, you submit your credentials, and an inviting party (company here) submits their documents including a copy of expatriate quota.

Without it (if your potential employer fails to deliver it to the embassy at which you apply for a visa), visa application will be rejected.

Now, if they know they can't get a expatriate quota (or the quota has already been exhausted), they may try to bring you in on a business visa. Business visa entitles you to perform certain activities such would be a training on behalf of a foreign company, conduct market research etc... But, as someone already mentioned, it does NOT entitle you to work as an employee of a Nigeria-based company, and in Nigeria.