EXPATRIATE QUOTA APPROVAL CERTIFICATE

URGENT - EXPATRIATE QUOTA APPROVAL CERTIFICATE
Please advise how true this is:
As an incoming expatriate to Nigeria the constitution states that you have to first obtain the Expatriate Quota Approval Certificate from the Nigerian Ministry of Internal Affairs before we can make your Nigerian Residence and Work Permit / Visa, if you do not obtain the Expatriate Quota Approval Certificate we cannot be able to obtain your Nigerian Residence and Work Permit / Visa as such your transit to Nigerian cannot be possible.

I have received a job offer letter from FALCON CLOTHING COMPANY LIONURGENT - EXPATRIATE QUOTA APPROVAL CERTIFICATE

Please advise how true this is:
As an incoming expatriate to Nigeria the constitution states that you have to first obtain the Expatriate Quota Approval Certificate from the Nigerian Ministry of Internal Affairs before we can make your Nigerian Residence and Work Permit / Visa, if you do not obtain the Expatriate Quota Approval Certificate we cannot be able to obtain your Nigerian Residence and Work Permit / Visa as such your transit to Nigerian cannot be possible.

I have received a job offer letter from FALCON CLOTHING COMPANY LIMITED LOCATED IN GROUND FLORE RIGHT WING PLAZA PLOT 596 AHMADU BELLO WAY GARKI Ii FCT,ABUJA - Nigeria.

They have metioned in the offer letter that they will take care of my work permit and flight tickets... and I need to procure the expatriate quota approval certificate unless they cant obtain my visa... and they would reimbure the money on the basis of the receipts.

Please advise... whats this certificate all about? is this a rule that we need to obtain this and only then the visa process begins?

Please treat this URGENT and revert asap...

Many thanks,
SURESH INDIA

how many days reguired to get expetriate quota approval letter certificate from nigeria ministry of interior

Hi,

A new topic has been created on the Nigeria forum.

Thank you.

I am from Madurai, Tamilnadu. I got job offer from Nigeria. They request to process Expatriate quota approval/work permit for Visa process. I dont know how to get and process "Expatriate quota approval/work permit". Where I have to apply and what are all the documents needed.

The EXPATRIATE QUOTA APPROVAL CERTIFICATE is something that the employer has to arrange in Nigeria (they did in my case) It usually has to prove that by employing an expat they are creating Nigerian jobs as a result. This certificate then forms part of the documentation to get your work permit. I would check the validity of the job offer.

I have worked as an expat in a few countries,and my golden rule is if I have to pay for anything myself I turn the offer down...this has served me well on all my contracts. If the company wants and needs you they will not haggle about who pays for what. It is easier for a company based in the country,or who has representation in a country to finalise all the visas etc,it seems suspicious to expect a person who is out of the country to get the visa etc......I would be very careful

It is not correct that you the expat coming to take up an offer of employment will obtain the Expatriate Quota permit. The company that is offering you employment will have the quota you will occupy on regularization i.e after arriving Nigeria. It is a strong rule that all Immigration responsibility is undertaken by the company

It takes APPROXIMATELY 3MONTHS to get the Expatriate Quota Approval

The company that is offering you job is supposed to have finished every thing about the Quota position you will occupy. If you are the owner of the company that is seeking to come to Nigeria, then it is your responsibility to apply for the expatriate quota approval certificate upon which the expatriate members of staff of your company coming outside Nigeria will be given the work permit

EXPATRIATE QUOTA APPROVAL IS:
Immigration form T/I

FORM OF APPLICATION FOR PERMISSION TO ESTABLISH BUSINESS IN NIGERIA
(This form should be completed in TEN copies and forwarded to the Permanent secretary, Ministry of Interior, Abuja. Applicants are advised to supply all relevant information in the Form, however, a covering letter containing supplementary information could also be submitted in ten copies where necessary. Successful applications are subject to review after 12months when evidence of commitments to projects would be required).
SECTION A
A.    DETAILS OF THE BUSINESS OR PROPOSED BUSINESS REQUESTING PERMISSION TO EMPLOY

[Moderated: no free ads pls]

Hi,

I have a question regarding how to apply this requirements
of EXPATRIATE QUOTA APPROVAL CERTIFICATE? Im from philippines
where i can provide this requirements? here in the philippines?
or in nigeria? do i send out money for this?

Thanks,
   Luz

Hello Suresh, I need a Technical/Sales Executive in my company.
Indicate interest by sending your cv to me on [email protected]

Expat Quota is done by the company bringing you down here. Maybe they offered you a mouth watering salary and want to take from you.

Cheers,
Roy Sanders