Working in Nigeria?

What is the best way for someone who is living in Canada to transition to Nigeria and work?  Should I be going the expat route?  Any suggestions, ideas and experiences are welcome!

I is better for you to tay back.

I don't think uchesco is being fair. The best route is for you to come as an expat. I'm new in Abuja, about 2 months, and it's been great so far. Even though I only go to work and back. I'm trying to settle down and it's relatively easy. If you have or can find an offer, I would suggest you take it.

I agree Uchesco is being ignorant of my own situation, as my husband is already there and I am actually a Canadian born and raised Nigerian.  I will go the expat route.

why can't we throw ppl like uchesco out ofthe forum.

I have a job offer to work in nigeria on an oil installation, how safe is the place. my company has promises security and they would transport me by helicopter to the installation and the pick from the airport will be by security up to the hotel (lagos)for the night stay and again pick and drop at the installation. I would be working 28days on and 28days off.

its very very safe.