Can we bring our Sri Lankan helper with us from Dubai?

Hi I'm moving to KL this summer with my husband and two children and I am hoping to bring our helper with us. She will go back to Sri Lanka this summer and the hopefully join us for the start of the school term at the end of August in KL. Does anyone have any experience of this or know if it is at all possible??? Thank you!

Yes you can apply:

http://www.imi.gov.my/index.php/en/main … dependants

Approval of Foreign Domestic Helper for Expatriate Officer

Approval is given to the expatriate who intends to bring in a foreign domestic helper regardless of nationality and age of the helper.

a. Application Procedures

Applications can be submitted before or after the Expatriate's entry into Malaysia. -

b. Supporting documents for application:

i. Cover letter from the Expatriate's Employer

ii. DP11A Form

iii. Personal Bond which has been stamped with a RM10.00 revenue stamp

iv. Relevant photocopies of passport pages showing recent entry of FDH into Malaysia

v. Cleared the medical examination at any clinic registered with FOMEMA

vi. Employment Contract (duly Stamped)

vii. Approval from the Philippines Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) for Filipino domestic helpers only.

c. Fees Charged

Pass - RM60.00 per year or part thereof
Processing fee - RM10.00
Journey Performed Visa Fee - RM500.00 ( if relevant)
Visa fee - according to the nationality of the individual.
Levy - RM360.00

d. Executive Counter Services

The Executive Counter has been located at Employment Pass Division of the Immigration Headquarter Putrajaya since 2005 and its services have been extended to all Immigration Offices in the country since November 2007. Expatriates holding executives/professional and managerial posts are welcome to make use of the Executive Counter Services.

Thanks Gravitas - very useful info. Wish I had known about this before. We lost out to our maid because she was over 45 when it came to renewing her permit and they refused to renew it.

Hi..yes, there is no problem bringing a domestic helper with you from overseas. You would probably want to enlist the services of a maid agency in Malaysia to help you bring your helper in and handle the immigration side of things. Good luck