UK to Malta

Hello all,
can anyone kindly help! my girlfriend and I are moving to Malta on the 7th of April (flights booked) we have been doing as much work as we can in the UK on what we need and need to do but I really cannot get my head around what paperwork we need to do to be able to work in Malta. someone please help! I am going round and round on websites that are not clear at all.
In short we are moving out on the 7th of April we are in our 30s both English and have money behind us for 6 months (without work) we would like to find and rent a place as soon as we can and find jobs as soon as we can to avoid eating into our savings.
Any advice into required documentation needed, or what we should do as soon as we land in terms of registration we would be very grateful.

kind regards
Martin

Hi,
A good place to start would be to read the residency topic pinned to the beginning of the Malta blog by Redmik.  If you read it right through you will get most of the answers you need.

This is a link to the 'Sticky' -  https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=370643

Good luck

Ray

hey Martin , Ray is right that link is a very good place to start
As eu citizens your really wont have much difficulty getting started and having 6 months savings is a good idea.
1. decide where you want to rent
2. look for work register with the etc and you can use the website for job hunting
3. bring out some printed cvs to get you started and also a passport photos although you could just print a photo on your cv (lot easier) alot of jobs will ask for one
4. after 3 months once you have gotten settled, (found work, house , etc etc) apply for residency
5. bon voyage and hopefully see you once you get here

Hey Martin. My boyfriend and I are in a similar situation leaving a week before you and your girlfriend. I found this blog to be really helpful! Rhi is the writer and she is from England living in Malta for two or more years, she has been amazing help to me and I hope to you too! Here is her blog: http://movingonupaway.com/

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the link this is very helpful!

Kind regards
Martin

Thanks FOx
This helps a lot, cant wait to get on the plane is its grey and raining here at the moment, bit of sea air will make a lot of difference.

Kind regards

Martin

Hi E and J,

thanks this helps, and its nice to know that there is someone else taking the plunge too. do you know what area you are looking to move to? and what line of work you aim to get into?

Kind regards

martin