EP status shows withdraw

Hi,
Good day All,

I got an offer from an employer to work for a government project in singapore. After I cleared the interview, I was asked to clear the G50 process, it took some 3 weeks and I was informed by the employer that my G50 process is done. My employer said that he will process the EP and asked me to get ready for the travel. But, the EP process is still unknown. I have no idea on what is happening. It is getting delayed.
When I asked my employer, he requests me to wait and wait. I went and checked the online status of EP, it shows 'WITHDRAWN' as the status. My question is:

Whether he applied and did it rejected and then whether he did an appeal?
Whether it is rejected altogether?

Also, would like to know, if an appeal is made, will the status show 'withdrawn'?

Any help on this will be of great help to me.

Hi 16thfebruary,

"Withdrawn" means that your employer has cancelled the application before it was fully processed and decided about.
The status shown in MoM's online system is not always updated or correct, so there is a (small) chance that your case is different - ask your employer to call MoM and inquire!

Thanks for the advise.. When I ask my employer, all he has to say is 'wait, we will let you know on the updates, the ep is still in process'...   Any way I think I would have to wait..  But the thing that hurts me is that I resigned my job in India and waiting now for good things to happen :)

You resigned from your job in India before your new job in Singapore is approved?
Well, that's a risky decision you took, but in the end you only have yourself to blame for it!

Honestly, I agree, blame is on me.
But, when the g50 is done, my employer wanted me to travel in 3 weeks and infact gave me the joining date. He rolled the offer too, which read that I would be joining on the 2nd week of Jan this year. But this delay in the EP process was no where in the prediction.
So, when an employer tells the approximate date of joining, naturally one would go ahead for it. Thats what I did. but as you said there exists a big element of risk.

The employment contract you signed (and which must be attached to the employer's EP application) did say that it is conditional on an EP being issued, didn't it?
If you did any research about EP issuance, you know that it can take a month or more (in some cases) and is by no means certain to be issued. In your case, it seems (assuming the MoM system entry of "WITHDRAWN" is correct), the employer lost patience and cancelled the EP application before it was completely processed.

Yes, it is mentioned so. Well, All I need is patience. Thanks for your inputs.
And, one more query. Is there a chance that my employer has withdrawn an online application and have submitted it manually now? the reason is because, the EP status shows 'withdrawn' but my employer tells me to wait as the EP is in processing state.  I am just guessing, please advise.

Also, the point that you have mentioned 'Employer might have lost the patience' could not have happened, as the date he said that he applied was on 7th of Jan, and the date shown as withdrawn was on 20th Jan.

You are asking ME what has happened?!?
You should ask your employer instead!

Thanks for your reply.
My questions were all of the kind; 'Could it be? will it be?'   which is the correct way to ask in the forum as the experts with their own experience can share and advise on what COULD have happened.

As mentioned earlier, my employer doesnt say anything other than 'wait,its processing'. So naturally, I would be curious to know more than that, which is why I signed to this forum.

Anyway, thanks for the time that you have spent to help with some suggestions.

As I said before, the most probable thing that could lead to what you encountered is that your employer withdrew the application and it is thus shown as "Withdrawn". The second most probable (but much less likely) thing is that the status shown in MoM's system is incorrect. Your employer or MoM will be able to tell you which of these is correct.

I suggest trust your employer because if they don't want to hire you, they'll flatly refuse. And yes your employer doesn't want to explain things to you coz they feel you won't understand or they don't have time. I think they withdrew application so that they can apply again by a different method ( manual / online ). I've been waiting for more than a month now for my manual ep application and I can't even see status online. Is it a slow month in mom ?

Hi
Beppi
Dear beppi
Currently our one candidate is working in construction shipyard supply company.
But he dnt have interest to work in this field.
Now he want to change the job.
What is the process of working in hotel ?
Could u tell me about this ? Indian people allow to work in hotel or resturant as hold of general work permit.
Waiting for your reply.
Thank you.

The process of changing job is the same as getting the first one:
Apply at potential employers, if you get an offer and sign the contract the employer will apply for your WP. Only resign from your d job and get the old WP cancelled after the new one is approved!

Greeting!!
Employer withdrew EP application 1 day after being approved by MOM. Will that impact their relation with MOM for future applications?
Many Thanks!!

Certainly not if the reason was provided is valid, fair and moreover MoM recognises those issues. e.g. Employer found a local candidate, the position scrapped due to cost feasibility, employee can't join due to his/her personal reason etc.