Stockholm public transport (SL kort)

Hello  everyone :)

I have a few questions related with Stock.public transport, specifically SL access kort.

If I charge the card with 300SEK for a week drive or 790 for a 30 day drive, does counting starts immediately when I charge the card or when I first use it? There is no limit how many times per day can I travel with it, right?

How difficult is to charge the card? I mean is on that vendor machines written on English too, or just Swedish? My Swedish is not perfect :) Can you charge the card also with cash or jus with credit card? I've seen some not very clear pictures of the vendor machines where the sign for Maestro and MasterCard was written, that's why I am asking.
Is it possible that card could be charged also in some specific vendor shops, perhaps immediately when I arrive on Arlanda airport? I already have SL access kort, and I know that it can't be used for Arlanda Express- its not a SL transport and the card costs 260SEK.

And my last question would be: For example, if I have 30 days paid on my SL kort, and if I decide to recharged the kort for another 30 days, one week before it expiries, when it will start to count for another 30 days? Will it start immediately or after first 30 days period expiries?

Thank you very much for your kindness :)

Pavle

Hi Pavle,

To answer your questions.

If you charge a SL Access card with 7/30 days use, it will start counting the time from the first use.
And its unlimited travel for that time.

The vendor machines have multiple language options and English is one of them
As for charging the card with cash, this is not possible in the vendor machines, but you can do it at the managed stations in the subway and at their sales partners, for example I believe that Pressbyrån is a point of sale and their should be one of those at Arlanda.
You could also preload the card online via sl.se in their eshop.

As you are aware you can't use the sl card for Arlanda Express, but if cost is an issue you can take a sl bus to Märsta followed by pendeltåg to get to Stockholm city. (with the sl card that is)

And for the last question, if you then add another paid 30days, it will stay there untouched until the first use.

regards
Mathias

Hello Mathias,

Thank you for such extend answer :)

Can you tell me, how far is train station Arlanda Express from the airport? I've never been there before :)
I guess I can purchase a card for it also at Pressbyran?

Are those Pressbyrans vendors like kiosk or like casual stores? I know it's funny question, but it would be very weird to enter the store with two travel bags to buy stuffs...

BR,

Pavle

P.S. Oh, I've forgot to ask: What exactly is a Sky City in airport?

Hi Pavle,

I just stumbled across this forum and thought I would help you out!

You will definitely be able to load your card at Pressbyrån (it's a shop with enough space for you to take your bags in with you). The staff will almost certainly speak English.

I recently wrote a whole guide to getting to and from Arlanda on our website about travelling in Sweden (routesnorth.com/destinations/stockholm/stockholm-arrival/). It also explains everything about Sky City (it's kind of a shopping centre and eating place within the airport!).

Enjoy your trip!

Its a short walk to the station from Arlanda.
I found this map (arlandaexpress.com/arlandakarta.aspx) that says its a ~5 minutes walk.