Do you have any regrets moving to Sweden ?

I'm  Colt, I'm 31 and I have a wife  that I'm not legally married to and we have two sons, 15yo trans and 4yo. We  live in  Tennessee but  don't fit in here and wish to move to Sweden.

Everything Ive  read makes it sound like a dream come true. We feel Americas government and culture to be destructive and oppressive.  Has anyone found themselves to ever regret the decision to move? The cost of  living to  income seems to be a little higher (Gothenburg) than it is here but I am in love with Swedens history and natural beauty! We plan to visit for Malmofestivalen hopefully this year but if not then next.

Our primary concerns are affordability (mainly living accommodations for family and travel as gas looks to be $7gal) and noticeable societal differences in day to day life from America (I keep reading about the community mindset and high ”happiness” of locals.)

@AmericanSoulSeeker

Hello and welcome on board !

Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself to our members.

I have taken the liberty of opening this new thread from your post on the Sweden forum so that members can share their insights with you.

While waiting for their replies, feel free to have a look at the Living in Sweden guide for expatsto gather as much information as possible.

All the best

Bhavna