Young Saigonese girl love Vungtau and wanna move to settle her life :)

Hello every one!
Im having annual leave and just visit Vungtau ytd, one thing i must say now is: i love it! I just simply fall in love of the quite morning in the beach, fresh air, no jam traffic and people are fun and nice.
At the moment, i work in the airport of HCMC for over a year, it s nice i must say but.. I wanna move, i need the diffirent thing, new friend, new work and nice place like Vungtau.
I graduated from the College of economic with international Bussiness major and have over on year work at Skyteam Bussiness class lounge, some experience teaching English for vnese or Vietnamese for foreigner.

For the begining of life in VT i just need about 7 millions for income.

I hope can get some recommend from you guys in this page for my ambition ^^ here. And would love to make friend too.

My email is:****************

Best sincerely
Anh

Moderated by Gavind 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal contact details on the forum for security measures.

Mirage  :)

Humm.. How do u think about that? Can u tell me clearly?

Vungtau is not a nice place at all,
I spent 2 days in vt last year and i had enough of the city
The beach are dirty, and if u ever visit the jesus statue, u will be surprice of how much garbage there is all over the place
And i rarely saw any farang there.
The best thing with vt is that is close to hcmc

hi, thanks for your experiences, it's really true, for an developing city like Vungtau they better have a solution  for this problem soon. i hope!!

Advantages of Vung Tau :
1. No Air pollution
2. No traffic jam
3. No on-street under-construction work
4. Nice landscape, you can watch the whole scene of Vung Tau from Ho May mountain, or from Ki to statue (Small mountain), or from Light house
5. Sea - where you can have sun bath or sea bath all day. You can ride along long road to enjoy the cool wind from the sea. You can watch the sunset everyday.
6. Low cost of Living : You can't live well with only 7M in HCM, but you can live quite well with 7M in VT.
7. etc..  :par:

Disadvantages of Vung Tau:
1. No big center for entertainment like in HCM
2. Luxury items are more expensive than in HCM
3. Not so many available jobs for all people.
4. etc...  :dumbom:

I'd like to hear the pros and cons of VT as well. Sure, when you go into the touristy area it looks very nice but I wonder how day-to-day life there is. I feel if it were that nice more expats would be there? :)

Thanks Zanchun a lot ^^
oh, i'm sad i thought VT is potential working place :(

milkybunnyHCM wrote:

I'd like to hear the pros and cons of VT as well. Sure, when you go into the touristy area it looks very nice but I wonder how day-to-day life there is. I feel if it were that nice more expats would be there? :)

humm that's what i wonder too. hix

milkybunnyHCM wrote:

There are lots of expats in VT and most of us love it here. The lifestyle is a lot slower than HCMC but there are some nice clubs and a new movie theater and lots of good food. The beaches will never be like Nha Trang, beautifully tropical and over run by Russians, but they are not that bad either.

Vung tau is a good place to live, it's very peaceful and not chaotic like hcmc, abit boring sometimes but you'll get used to it.
I love watching the sunset here! X

You could probably make 7 million working in a bar ??

sghsaigon wrote:

That's very insulting, why would you suggest she work in a bar?

VungTauDon wrote:
milkybunnyHCM wrote:

There are lots of expats in VT and most of us love it here. The lifestyle is a lot slower than HCMC but there are some nice clubs and a new movie theater and lots of good food. The beaches will never be like Nha Trang, beautifully tropical and over run by Russians, but they are not that bad either.

Thanks Don (your name i guess)  :D
For me, life in HCMC is too noisy, crowded, cramped. I dont require from new place much standard. What you provided me is enough and great.

iamunicaija wrote:

Vung tau is a good place to live, it's very peaceful and not chaotic like hcmc, abit boring sometimes but you'll get used to it.
I love watching the sunset here! X

Thanks iamunicaija!  :D
That s what i saw too on last weekend visited. You are a young girl too and you love it so i think i will love it. we can be friend maybe when i am expat there  :D:D

sghsaigon wrote:

Hi,
Thanks for your offering, it's really helpful bc i'm looking for a job there. you know for my present work i have to follow the shift s.t i start at 6am s.times i start at 10pm. i dont mind a lot about bar invironment i just hope i can work as office time. anyways, i appriciate your recommend, i would think about this when i couldnt find any better. :(

Now it's clear, right?
Yeah, sometime we will amazed of Vietnamese youths even well educated!

VungTauDon wrote:

That's very insulting, why would you suggest she work in a bar?

Sure! Contact me once you're here! :)

I used to live in dubai, a very opposite place of vung tau city, for me it's a big adjustment when i came here, i felt like living in the 90's :p

But i love how the people live here, they are simple and always smiling, also it's more safe than hcmc :p you know what i mean.

The bay area is a good place to hang out during the afternoon, there are good restaurants here as well but only few. Normally i go to hcmc on weekends to eat something nice and buy stuff that I can't find here.

You will enjoy it here forsure! Life is simple and relaxing!

Btw, you can teach english like i do, tutoring is better! You'll get more money x

Goodluck and let me know when you arrive :D

I met some few westerners and they moved here! One guy told me he left london because life is too expensive there, he moved here with his family, living a good and comfortable life :)
They love vung tau because life is simple, i think this city is starting to grow slowly :)

Btw, when i came here i was shocked about the lettuce price because it's very cheap like 7k vnd :p i cant eat a good salad in Manila with that price :(

iamunicaija wrote:

Sure! Contact me once you're here! :)

I used to live in dubai, a very opposite place of vung tau city, for me it's a big adjustment when i came here, i felt like living in the 90's :p

But i love how the people live here, they are simple and always smiling, also it's more safe than hcmc :p you know what i mean.

The bay area is a good place to hang out during the afternoon, there are good restaurants here as well but only few. Normally i go to hcmc on weekends to eat something nice and buy stuff that I can't find here.

You will enjoy it here forsure! Life is simple and relaxing!

Btw, you can teach english like i do, tutoring is better! You'll get more money x

Goodluck and let me know when you arrive :D

Humm how great!! Im dreaming about that  :D 
Teaching is the most hopeful job i would love to do there. Can you recommend some way to attract student or is there any agency can help?

You can try submitting your updated resume in some english centers here. :)
If you want to teach in Universities better to have TEFL or TESOL. (you'll get more salary and free accommodation)

goodluck and wish to see you soon x

VungTauDon wrote:
milkybunnyHCM wrote:

Appreciate the reply! My husband is really pushing for a move to VT but I'm honestly apprehensive of leaving the Saigon bubble. I'm not interested in nightlife, just international hospitals and a big enough family-oriented expat community. :) I assumed most expats in VT were Russian though, as well? Russians don't seem popular here lol

Hello Anh

I have lived and worked all over Asia building private membership country and city clubs but I decided to live in Vung Tau. I just cannot take the big cities anymore. For me they are so crowed you can hardly breathe and this includes HCMC, Hanoi, Bangkok, Taipei, Shanghai, Jakarta, Manila and Tokyo. Even Pattaya Thailand stops moving Friday evening to Sunday late because of the bus and auto traffic from the people from Bangkok

For the most part Vung Tau is pretty laid back (Saturday nights get a little noisy because of the Vietnamese tourist from HCMC). I can also get most things I need to live here. If I cannot find it here, I can always take a trip to HCMC.

As far as work goes, if you can speak decent English there are many western restaurants that are always looking for English speaking Vietnamese. You can do that until you find something you like to do. I would think that right after Tet would be a good time to look for a job. There are many oil companies here that may be looking for people.

If you do decide to move here let me know as I am always looking for part time people to help me source different things.

You can always move back to the big city.

Ngocanhkdqt wrote:

hi, thanks for your experiences, it's really true, for an developing city like Vungtau they better have a solution  for this problem soon. i hope!!

#
Developing city? I first went there in 1999 and it was developing then.  It has come one a long way since then.

Player123. What crap! You spent 2 days in Vung Tau last year - WOW you are an expert!I Its people like you who spread garbage around web posts anonymously  who make the rest of us feel ill.....get off, you don't know what you're talking about!

Agree with Matt - Vung Tau is a lo-o-ong way from being a developing city. And it is becoming less and less being over run by Russians really, though we are still in great number... ;)
You cannot judge the city in 2 days. I have been staying here for the past 17 years, and I love the place.
Everything is good here (clean air and streets, good food, more or less clean sea) except entertainment, and job availability.

Since you are currently employed in the airline industry, have you considered a coastal city with an airport a little larger than the one in Vung Tau.  Perhaps your skills and experience would transferable to Danang or Nha Trang airports.

Smitson wrote:

Agree with Matt - Vung Tau is a lo-o-ong way from being a developing city. And it is becoming less and less being over run by Russians really, though we are still in great number... ;)
You cannot judge the city in 2 days. I have been staying here for the past 17 years, and I love the place.
Everything is good here (clean air and streets, good food, more or less clean sea) except entertainment, and job availability.

Maybe some short days staying there is not enough to know about the city. No body can deny the  peacefull there and me also. The most thing i hope is job availability.

There's many expats in Vung Tau. I have been here 18 months now. Just need know where to look. There will be more coming over the next years. Mostly older, old and very old men. There were more here a few years ago. Great city to hang out. So many places to eat, drink along the ocean with great views. .Fresh air and mostly cool evenings. Nhà Trang has much better beach and cleaner. Vn people like to leave their leftovers where they were sitting. There is some rubbish scattered. They have much fun on the beach. Weekend is busy with HCM tourists. There are cleaners everywhere same hcm. They do a great job.Jesus statue is kept clean. Cannot help if someone goes there before cleaner removes rubbish. There are so many vn people who leave rubbish. It is not a problem. Everywhere I go in vn it's the same. Vt is generally a very clean and tidy city, safe and good place to live. Good luck.

witty12 wrote:

There's many expats in Vung Tau. I have been here 18 months now. Just need know where to look. There will be more coming over the next years. Mostly older, old and very old men. There were more here a few years ago. Great city to hang out. So many places to eat, drink along the ocean with great views. .Fresh air and mostly cool evenings. Nhà Trang has much better beach and cleaner. Vn people like to leave their leftovers where they were sitting. There is some rubbish scattered. They have much fun on the beach. Weekend is busy with HCM tourists. There are cleaners everywhere same hcm. They do a great job.Jesus statue is kept clean. Cannot help if someone goes there before cleaner removes rubbish. There are so many vn people who leave rubbish. It is not a problem. Everywhere I go in vn it's the same. Vt is generally a very clean and tidy city, safe and good place to live. Good luck.

You're right. The rubbish scattering problem is really an embarassing habit of us. Not only in Vung Tau but also in HCMC where i live now, i can see it clearly everyday they throught gabage through car windows,some men even smoke while driving motobike and let the cigarette butt fly back to people behind.
There is no words can express the respectation of us to the cleaners, they really do a great job that Jesus is kept clean.

Ive heard VT is one of the possible place to surf in Vietnam ? I read on a few sites theres 3 spots in VT to get a wave, not that they're anything spectacular, mostly wind generated, but better than nothing !!

THIGV wrote:

Since you are currently employed in the airline industry, have you considered a coastal city with an airport a little larger than the one in Vung Tau.  Perhaps your skills and experience would transferable to Danang or Nha Trang airports.

I was in Danang and Nhatrang last month, at each place i spent about one week, the beach at each place are great too. Danang people are gentle i feel like they never try to cheat the traveller, they have truth bussiness, taxi driver does take a long way to have more money. Both city are pretty clean espeacilly Nhatrang.

But i dont know why, i feel Vung tau is so peacefull. i love weekend morning, having Bun Ca Ro Dong for breakfirst and Seaside coffee on front beach (bai truoc), not so tourism. and most thing is it near to HCMC.

I like airport industry but i have working follow shift, sometime i work from 10pm untill 6am for overnight shift ugrrrr
You dont know how horrible it is.

I went to Vung Tau just once for only a weekend. But I like it a lot. Very peaceful and beautiful there. The seafood is fresh and delirious. And the people... way much friendly and honest than in HCMC. And it's not over run by Russians at all. I mean there is a russian expat community there, but they are not tourists like the ones in Nhatrang/Muine.
And it's quite decent place for kite surfing this time, the wind is doing good job on waves on some beeches.
So, I'm really looking forward to go there again to spend my weekend

Ngocanhkdqt wrote:

I like airport industry but i have working follow shift, sometime i work from 10pm until 6am for overnight shift ugrrrr. You dont know how horrible it is.

How about DONG NAI or BINH DUONG - they both have high tech companies with needs for people with English language skills.

I think your salary goal is a little high, remember Foreign invested companies comply with VN tax and benefit regulations - no cash payments there! But they do generally pay higher than  VNese employers.

hey I'm new in VT. Been here for almost a month. It's not really a bad place here (but yeah I've been here for almost a month) hehe I'll verify that in a month or so :) Love the seafood tho!

ive been in Vungtau for the past 6 months from district 11. Its much different out here compared to the city.[moderated: no free ads]

epishan wrote:

I went to Vung Tau just once for only a weekend. But I like it a lot. Very peaceful and beautiful there. The seafood is fresh and delirious. And the people... way much friendly and honest than in HCMC. And it's not over run by Russians at all. I mean there is a russian expat community there, but they are not tourists like the ones in Nhatrang/Muine.
And it's quite decent place for kite surfing this time, the wind is doing good job on waves on some beeches.
So, I'm really looking forward to go there again to spend my weekend

Hopefully meet-up with you there one day. sincerely!!

hello Muzzy?
How is your new invironment? hope you settle your new place well.

Jaitch wrote:
Ngocanhkdqt wrote:

I like airport industry but i have working follow shift, sometime i work from 10pm until 6am for overnight shift ugrrrr. You dont know how horrible it is.

How about DONG NAI or BINH DUONG - they both have high tech companies with needs for people with English language skills.

I think your salary goal is a little high, remember Foreign invested companies comply with VN tax and benefit regulations - no cash payments there! But they do generally pay higher than  VNese employers.

Just hope the salary at new place is ok compare to my present work.
My salary now is better than 7M but the expense in HCM is quite high, for VT i think 7M is good.
anyways, i'm feeling like a bird in a case looking out dreaming about thing bc i never had any other job after gratuating.

dear Miss NA!
I moved to vung tau over a year ago. Being afraid of changing  residency is a common feeling, but every coin has two faces. Before moving to vung tau, I used to work at a state-run bank in Da Nang city, everything was much better than that of my life in Ha Noi and i tended to settle down in da nang. But it turned out after my trip to Vung Tau, the idea to move to vung tau formed in my brain because vung tau is a ideal city, its weather is nice the whole year and you are spared from fierce modes of weather. The best thing in vungtau is its moderate - paced life, you can go swimming or hiking up mountain after a tough time at work or enjoy a cup of coffee everymorning (the time of starting work is not early), donot be worry about traffic congestion and its intertainment and nighlife is interesting and it isnot far from hcm city. you is likely to encounter difficulty  on the first days in vung tau because its job market is not as various as in HCM, but if your english is good, it is not difficult for you to find a job with a moderate salary.
good luck to you!