Taking a vacation!!! Any suggestions?

Hi all, I'm working in Singapore as a teacher, which means I get a few vacations sprinkled in throughout my year.  I have one coming up in September, and I'm wanting to take off for a week with a budget of (about) S$700.  Where should I go?  I'm going to Malaysia in October, and I've already been to Thailand and would like to try something new.  I'm thinking Bali, but am open to suggestions.  Also, if anyone has any tips/advice for 1)traveling solo- which I don't mind doing but seems to be more expensive with no one to share costs with, or 2)any tour groups or how to get in contact with people to travel with so I don't have to go everything alone.  I have friends here, but they don't have the vacation time I have. 
My traveling style is really laid back, frills are nice but not necessary.  I'm in my young 30's, female, active, and would enjoy being constantly busy during my holiday just as much as I would enjoy sitting on a beach for a week.  I've traveled a lot on my own, but it's always nice to have company, so again if anyone has had a good experience with a group or any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

Go to Boracay or Palawan in the Philippines!
No direct flights from Sg though.
You can visit Cebu, there are direct flights from Sg to Cebu (SilkAir or Cebu Pacific).

:)

Hi,
I agree on Boracay .. It is really a nice place but I don't think you can spend a whole week there :)
Bali-Lombok are on my to do list as well ..

Not that much experience with travels for a week .. we mostly get out of Singapore for the weekends .. with a couple of friends .. trying to arrange a trip every month ..

So if you have good weekend suggestions, let me know :)

Cheers and happy travel ..

Hey! I'm a teacher here too - gotta love the holidays!

I've just been to Melaka and Penang in Malaysia recently. Melaka cost about $30 to get to by bus, Penang was $180 return flight, but that was reserved the day before, so you could definitely get it cheaper than that.

Malaysian Borneo is next on the list, but I reckon that'd cost you more than your budget, and probably better with a longer time period. Check tiger airways and Air Asia for budget flights around the place.