British birth certificate

Hello everyone
I am a British national, recently gave birth in Jeddah, how do I get my child's British birth certificate and passport? Do I apply to British consulate in Jeddah or directly to the UK commonwealth office. Where do I get the local Arabic birth certificate translated into English officially? Will the British consulate attest the translation ? Plead for help ! Its absolutely confusing. The Jeddah consulate says they don't do birth registrations any more and it has to be in Riyadh ?

Rizi1,

I suggest you contact UK High Commission Office in Riyadh, you will be able to download all the forms online, they will explain the type of Arabic to English translation required. I believe you will need to got to Riyadh eventually to collect your child's passport . :)

If you are in Jeddah, there are several authorized translators on Madina road (close to where the old Consulate of India used to be). They can get it done in a few minutes.

The best people to ask would be the British Consulate in Jeddah on where to apply for the British birth certificate. For us Canadians, we don't get a Canadian version of the birth certificate for children born outside of Canada.

The passport application however, is processed by the Embassies in Riyadh. You may have to courier your documents.

https://www.gov.uk/register-a-birth Same website can direct you with passport. The global center is in Liverpool.