Want to know all about vietnam

hi
we are staying in india at the moment & we are a family of 3 members....we will be settling in vietnam in some time...can anyone advise which is a good area to live...we prefer an indian locality. also we will be looking for a good pre-school.

thanx in advance!!!

Welcome on Expat-blog parkhee! :) I have moved the thread on the Vietnam forum.
I would suggest you to have a look at the Life in Vietnam guide and on the Expat.coms in Vietnam, it could give you an idea about Vietnam.

Good luck.

hi christine

thnx for your reply
i have gone thru those links but it has some releavent info but has nothing about ptimary schools.

as per you which is the best area to live in vietnam which has few indians around to make us feel comfortable.

rgds
p

Hi Parkhee,

Welcome to Vietnam! I don't know exactly where you will come in Vietnam? Ho Chi Minh City, Ha Noi or somewherelse in Vietnam?
If you are going to moving to HCM city, you will easy to find the pre-school at there.

thnx for your advise ben...can you advise some primary schools in Ho Chi Minh City

Most of International school is in An Phu area, dist 2 or Phu My Hung, dist 7.
In An Phu dist 2 we have some such as:
- British International school (BIS school) on Nguyen Van Huong street. This is biggest International school in HCM city.
- International school (IS school)on NguyenTruong Toan Street.
- ACG school on Thu Thiem area, this is the new school, just operate 1 or 2 year.
- And a Australia school in An Phu compound.
Almost students here are the children of expat living in HCM city, especially European, American, Australia, and some Asian such as: Singapore,Indian, Korean...
In Phu My Hung, Dist 7 we have some such:
- American school
- Japanese school
- Korean school ....
In center Dist:
- BIS school in Tu Xuong, Dist 3.
- Some Viet - Australia school in some dist.
- And College school for students who can speak French.

I have some Indian friends living in AnPhu who's children go to ACG School and are enjoying it. An Phu area is more internationally diverse population of expat families, while Phu My Hung is Japanese, Korean

You could also join AnPhuNeighbours and PhuMyHungNeighbours on Google Groups. Post a question about which are the best schools and I am sure you will get some replies from families actually living there.

saigon pearl international school starts from primary, i believE? its in a very central location, n if u get an apartment at saigon pearl, that would be ideal :)

you could live a lifetime in any asian country and still never know all about it!

thnx so much for your help

Ben Le wrote:

Most of International school is in An Phu area, dist 2 or Phu My Hung, dist 7.
In An Phu dist 2 we have some such as:
- British International school (BIS school) on Nguyen Van Huong street. This is biggest International school in HCM city.
- International school (IS school)on NguyenTruong Toan Street.
- ACG school on Thu Thiem area, this is the new school, just operate 1 or 2 year.
- And a Australia school in An Phu compound.
Almost students here are the children of expat living in HCM city, especially European, American, Australia, and some Asian such as: Singapore,Indian, Korean...
In Phu My Hung, Dist 7 we have some such:
- American school
- Japanese school
- Korean school ....
In center Dist:
- BIS school in Tu Xuong, Dist 3.
- Some Viet - Australia school in some dist.
- And College school for students who can speak French.

thnx so much guys for your help
keep giving me this kind of input...it will be good for me.

Hi , I am Helen, Nice to meet you. I am living in VN and Dict 2 is quite nice. Suitable for you and children. It is also quite near Central District. Do you have an idea about when you will resident? u can find villas and apartments in dict 2. An Phu neigbour is quite good, I live there for a while and I see that the environment is so nice. I will give you further info if it is helpful for you. Nice day.

Hi parkhee, I have recently relocated to Ho Chi Minh. I am staying at Saigon Pearl. There are many indians that are staying here.
This complex has great facilites along with a recently opened state of the art gym. Very impressive. I will recommend Saigon Pearl to stay for sure.
Thanks