Hibiscus Tea

please could someone tell me the best way to prepare hibiscus tea?

48 ounces water
3 tablespoons hibiscus flowers
2 cinnamon sticks
1/8 cup sugar
1 small orange, sliced
Ice
1 lemon, cut into wedges
Directions
Bring water to light boil, turn off heat add the hibiscus flowers and cinnamon sticks. Cover and steep for 20 minutes.

Strain tea into desired container, add sugar and orange slices and serve over ice. Garnish each glass with a lemon slice.

This tea recipe can easily be doubled for a larger serving. When using herbs in tea making, longer is not better. Heating the herbs for extended time can release unfavorable qualities and bitterness found in herbs. The key is to add MORE herbs to strengthen flavor.

t

many thanks for recipe and instructions,i will attempt to recreate a taste of egypt. lizzy1

Cool ! Thanks for this recipe :) I just used to boil water and add hibiscus flowers and that's it !

Yummmm....I miss hibiscus and cinnamon tea!!! I'll have to try this one :D

sounds delicious doesn,t it,i cant get it here so i wont no what to do when iv used all mine up! :sosad:

Interesting Recipe and sounds very yummy, but that isn't the traditional way of making it. It's much simpler than that.

Take a big pot and fill it with water. (midway)
Take the dried hibiscus pettles and cover the surface of the water and leave them for a day to soak.
Add a cup of sugar, if you like it really sweet add more.
Leave it for a day.
drain the leaves and pour the juice in to a jug and place it in the fridge.

When you boil the leaves it has a bitter taste.
The BEST Hibiscus/Karkadae leaves to use are Nubian.
A gladd of cold Hibiscus is a great way to cool down and I am told that it brings down your blood preasure too.

thanks irishalexandrian,i will try your way too,where are you from in ireland?.im not irish but have lived here for 17 years! and hope to relocate to egypt in the future.how long have you been there? lizzy