Marrying an Egyptian girl

Hello all,

I am trying to take the desicion of to marry or not to marry her and I would appreciate any advice.

I met her online then we talked and exchanged photos. Though my father was already living in Egypt and I was gonna visit him in a few months time anyways.

So when ı went to Egypt the first day she insisted we would go out first day despite I told her it would be rude to my family from the first day I meet a girl instead of having dinner with them and she wouldn't care and insisted on.

she would rest and get ready and meet me. So we met then she told me she wish a marriage not a friendship and if my goal was not marriage then she wish I don't waste her time.

later on she said I would need to give some guarantee such as a house or I would need to accept to stay in Cairo and must own a house of my own as I was a foreigner her family would not trust otherwise.

I wanted to visit her where she was working in a small shop/kiosk and she became a little nervous at the time then when ı visited her I bought a water and she acted as if I was just a customer and charged me the money for water. then said bye bye. (There was another boy working with him there so somehow I thought he could be her boyfriend or something as she did not introduce him to me) After this incident I cut my connection to her but she would call me and cry and ask me what she had done wrong.

Then we began talking over the internet after I turned back to Turkey and I made it clear that I wouldn't buy a house in Cairo anyhow at least not before we were married at least for a few years. She eventually told me that she likes me so she accepted somehow.

She doesn't believe in love before marriage and I also began to agree with her idea somehow.

She seems to dream of some free space of her own because of her family pressure about clothing. She wish to live in Turkey with me. She wish this marriage to be as soon as possible as she is 34 and ı am 36 and she thinks we are too late for marriage and may also become late for having children.

So she keeps pushing me but also she openly says it is not about love she likes me but can only love after marriage as she just doesn't believe in nice words for no reasons or bases. Then I keep telling her I'll visit next week, next month and etc. I told her that I was not a rich man at all in anyway and we could have a poor life and she says she accepts as long as I do not beat her and cheat her.

So ı ask advice from people who are married to egyptian girls and/or they know someone around them who got married to egyptian girls. Please tell me your opinions and good/bad sides of marrying an egyptian girl.

Thank you in advance

i think If you were sure that she's the woman of your life, you would never have written on this subject and would have made the decision for a long time, and would have crossed the step.

Love and mariage are not a game.

Good luck.

Yasmine1983 wrote:

i think If you were sure that she's the woman of your life, you would never have written on this subject and would have made the decision for a long time, and would have crossed the step.

Good luck.

i totally agree with you
+you need to spend more time together so you know about each other habits and if she is the one for you
otherthing love is like a spark you can feel it anytime not just after marriage so if she really loves you you can feel it in her eyes when she meets you and her happiness when she is with you

Hey

I am a foreigner and married here to an Egyptian girl, Yes I have faced the same issue for buying a home which eventuallly I did as to me its totally understandable that the family of the girl need a security not in terms of money but the security that the man will have some belonging in Egypt so he will return back to Egypt someday. Conservative Egyptian girls do not believe in love before marriage and will not let you come close and that is something I believe not bad specially when you are looking for a wife :)

ahmedwageeh wrote:
Yasmine1983 wrote:

Good luck.

i totally agree with you
+you need to spend more time together so you know about each other habits and if she is the one for you
otherthing love is like a spark you can feel it anytime not just after marriage so if she really loves you you can feel it in her eyes when she meets you and her happiness when she is with you

Yes, you are absolutely right about that I did not make up my mind and I would have taken the steps if I had decided for the marriage. This is because I try to understand if her style, needs, what she asks for marriage, her rules are of Egyptian culture and they are normal or if there is something wrong and I am fooling myself.

It is somehow scary for me to marry a girl of unknown culture and am sure it also must be scary for her. All this is not only about her but also about the general conditions of a foreigner marrying an Egyptian girl. so what I request from you is to give me opinion/advice of good and bad parts of marrying an Egyptian girl so that I can understand the events better thus I can make up my mind for a better result.

Thanks for any future comments

alimirza wrote:

Hey

I am a foreigner and married here to an Egyptian girl, Yes I have faced the same issue for buying a home which eventuallly I did as to me its totally understandable that the family of the girl need a security not in terms of money but the security that the man will have some belonging in Egypt so he will return back to Egypt someday. Conservative Egyptian girls do not believe in love before marriage and will not let you come close and that is something I believe not bad specially when you are looking for a wife :)

Yes, I've read yr posts and congratulations to you. but somehow you are much more lucky then me cause you were working in the same office and you had more opportunity to know your wife. Though, let alone same office I am not even in same country with the one I am interested. Yes I need to spend more time with her and know her better but I can stay only a limited time there.

Anyways I would be gratefull if you could write the advantages and disadvantages of an Egyptian wife.

disadvantage:
she is family girl and you must treat her family well even after marriage your life will be exposed to her family

she is ambitious yet she just dont try to achieve her dreams she simply ask you to make her dreams come true

she loves to evedropping about her neighbours and friends and she gets jealous of her friends

she lies about her previous relationships

it's common here for any girl to love or befriend her nephew her college and yeah she won't tell you

she had stubborn mind and you need a lot of effort and time to change her idea about anything

she is fan of music and most of them think they had a preety voice

she is kind of nervous and that make her eat much so if she is plumpy don't get surprised if she become fatty after marriage

advantages
she cares very well for her baby and sacrifice any thing for her children she also don't break up with her husband even if she hated him for the sake of her children

she is very sincere after marriage and trust worthy

she is a good cock and know well hygiene

very great belly dancers many egyption girls practice belly dancing in their rooms

if you are angry she can absorb it and be kind to you

she is smart and after a while she understand your expressions and know how to make it up for you

she is very jealous of anygirl around you

Kuh, kuh!  The description of your wife really made me laugh!  How many do you have?  Obviously enough to write a lot about the pros and cons of Egyptian women.  I can't beleive people come to this forum and accuse Egyptian men of being sexist and then come out with this twaddle!!!

I'm sure this girl will be completely devoted to you.  What else is she going to do?

What I know, and I could find out all this period of me living here, it is that all Egyptian girls have a culture and their own goal is " a man to marry them, and to carry them in a house where they could live comfortable, not any job for them, the only thing they ask for money, gold, and servants, even they re not interested if their husband goes with another woman or not, as soon as he provides all what they need!
But maybe this is the culture, and if you like her, try to turn her a little.
But phony way of behavior: not letting you to stay with your family in the first day, but showing indifference when you paid her attention!
If I were you, I never marry with a girl that behave in this way, and more than it, never I could allow to enter my life a girl that I don t love her and admire from the beginning!
Oh, Egyptian girls! Ask yourself why so many boys are here, trying to find a foreign girl, and only by force like a family business dear of Egyptian boys are married with them!
But maybe I am wrong, who knows?

valibilic wrote:

What I know, and I could find out all this period of me living here, it is that all Egyptian girls have a culture and their own goal is " a man to marry them, and to carry them in a house where they could live comfortable, not any job for them, the only thing they ask for money, gold, and servants, even they re not interested if their husband goes with another woman or not, as soon as he provides all what they need!
But maybe this is the culture, and if you like her, try to turn her a little.
But phony way of behavior: not letting you to stay with your family in the first day, but showing indifference when you paid her attention!
If I were you, I never marry with a girl that behave in this way, and more than it, never I could allow to enter my life a girl that I don t love her and admire from the beginning!
Oh, Egyptian girls! Ask yourself why so many boys are here, trying to find a foreign girl, and only by force like a family business dear of Egyptian boys are married with them!
But maybe I am wrong, who knows?

Thank you

Finally, the differences are huge between marriage in Europe and Arab countries.
In Europe to marry must like at least a girl, the couple uses to go out for walking, discos, dancing, going to parties together, having short trips, and these don t mean that they have a " sexual relation", boys are keen for this period of " waiting for a special moment", and most of them don t insist in having a sexual relation, just keep waiting with calm, let s say it is a checking of the girls!
After marriage HUSBAND is very proud with his WIFE, something like " look! what I get!" and do things together, go jobs together, come home and share the housework, he depeels potatoes, she cutting the meat, he washes up the dishes, she arranging the meal. Eat together, go out after, talking about business and affairs from jobs, news....having Saturdays outside...meeting friends without fear his wife will be seen by others! With proud I remember that period in my life!
HERE, things are different! HOW TO KNOW A GIRL WELL if you re not allow to go outside till you re engaged with her? And to be ebgaged you have to " SECURE HER" with a flat something, so an action without any sense in my opinion! And if you finally don t marry her? You start to do business here selling the flat you ve already bought?
When you re engaged, ok, you go out, but no kisses, no parties, no trips, this period is used usually by a husband to provide flat, furniture, to buy gold for her.... only, and you have to pay huge amount of money to her family to get your wife, part of it is taking by imam, that assists all this process! So you ll get something you don t know!
After marriage husband has to provide money working, and wife just sitting indoors, doing housework by herself......
Really it is not my business what they accept and what they don t do!
I received a lot of proposals for marriage! I didn t because compulsory they want me : to cover my hair, and I don t never, to give up make up, and I don t, to give up job, and I work for career! My culture is equality of partners, got in sharing problems of home and rights of a human being.
So I can t accept this life at 50 years old as I am next year, I do not accept any in these conditions, and I m not addicted to life indoors waiting a husband coming from another wives or...
But needs are different from person to another one!
YOU, WHAT YOU REALLY WANT AND WHAT YOU REALLY MAKE HAPPY? this is the point that you have to follow!

did you meet her family?

valibilic
Your answer is perfect
I'm Egyptian and yes you are right, to marry here I have to pay tons of money, flat, furniture(sharing), gold, presents..ect)
How can someone stand to pay all of this in his life start
that is why I want to marry from Europe, Canada, US, Australia..ect
because I traveled abroad, saw different cultures and I found out that there are many things I don't like here
but I want to correct something, most girls in Egypt now work or looking for a work, they wear whatever they want, make up an what ever
the conservative girls don't kiss and go out because of culture and religion which prohibits a boy and girl to touch or be friends without being relatives.
but as I told you, many boys and girls go out and act like westerns.
everyone acts like he beleives.

one quick question, here in Egypt I know a guy must get a home first to get married. If you are Egyptian do you need to get the home on the name of girl ??

I feel so strange and feel like a fool somehow of what I was thinking. She talks to me as if her requirements are just so simple but simply she nearly wish to own all someone would be able to dream of. As I also understood that to marry her I simply should be rich or else I wouldn't be able to do it, so where is that sense of "good and bad days" I can get her only if I already am having the good days. There is nothing to build together.

I regret the mentality in Egyptian girls and by all the information I got on this forum I came to a conclusion that I was just about to make a great mistake.

She looks good no problem but am also a good looking guy and since I began this bargaining about the house and the gold I began to loose my self confidence and started feeling as if some favour has been in process for me and that I was not worth it unless I would give this, that and all other stuff.

There are not only before marriage conditions but also after marriage requirements. Meanwhile my only demand would be to share the life with all its bad and good sides.

This has no justice and the whole process is a deal breaker. I don't see how she could be so demanding in her situation.

I do business and I also see some guys will become demanding (no matter how much they actually need my money) when they understand I really need their product. So I see it similar.

I wish to thank all people contributed to my thread as it was really very helpfull.

alimirza wrote:

one quick question, here in Egypt I know a guy must get a home first to get married. If you are Egyptian do you need to get the home on the name of girl ??

I wouldn't believe an Egyptian guy would buy a house on their future wife s name. But if a foreigner really really falls in love with an Egyptian girl I would highly suggest the house to be on both sides names as 50%-50%.

alimirza wrote:

No this is not true, sometimes rich people do this as a present to their girls or to show love or something like that.
but it is not the case and this is very rare.
even it is not a must to buy a flat, many families accept rented house.
it depends

Fc Bavarian wrote:
alimirza wrote:

No this is not true, sometimes rich people do this as a present to their girls or to show love or something like that.
but it is not the case and this is very rare.
even it is not a must to buy a flat, many families accept rented house.
it depends

Sorry, but no true!
If you don t provide a house and all what s necessary in it during the engagement period, you are not allowed to marry anymore!
PRESENTS FOR THEIR GIRL???  Someone said Egyptian girls don t believe in love by marriage, so to show their love for WHO? buying gold presents and houses?
I don t want to talk about what s under the culture of " not touching" the friend , but after marriage they are keen to spice their life with others, and really i have evidence in this sense, just contact me and I will give you some links to prove what some Egyptian wives do , during their husbands work hard to provide all for them, not in vain they are totally covered, but under it..... NO COMMENT!
I have already talked more them it was allowed!
Finally anyone has what he wants, what he accepts and what he deserves!

So this is the same opinion, a man has to provide house and gold..ect during engagement, but I said some families accept less requirements, it depends on the family.
about the present, what I meant is a present like flat made by the name of the girl,
regularly when I buy a flat for marriage it is mine and write it in my name, but I said rich people give the name to the girl, or buy her a car or something like that. and this is not true that girls don't believe in love before marriage, If you walk in the street you'll find many couples moving, holding their hands, some kissing,
about the touching a friend, I said this is the case, like a policy, but many don't comply with the policy so they do bad things in secret, and many husbands also do the same. but this doesn't mean that all wives act like that, only those who don't feel love to their husbands and didn't learn how to respect this relationship from their parents and environment.

Great reply from Fc Bavarian.

All the fingers of a hand are not of the same length!

Premarital intercourse is a BIG 'No' 'No' in any religion. However, since the beginning of time there have been those who don't follow the rules. THE MAJORITY of the female population don't engage in preparital relations BUT they do have the equivalent of teen crushes.

As for your situation.

From what you have described the girl works in a kiosk, now that in Egypt automatically indicates what social standard she comes from and that is lower working class. (there isn't anything wrong with that)
The boy at the kiosk was probably her brother or another employee.

If the girl is Muslim then you'll be investing a hell of a lot and it's going to cost you more than just an appartment.
For you to marry a Muslim girl
1- you go and ask her father's hand in marriage
2- he will set terms and conditions.
   - an appartment in your name
   - the value of the solitaire and eternity ring (diamonds)
   - Mahr, a sum of money as a gift to the bride. (dowary)
   - The wedding you have to pay for.
   - The wedding dress you buy for her too
3- When you go to the house to officially propose you have to take a gift of jewelery. Gold.

I agree with other contributors, you have to get to know the young lady too. To see if you are both compatible with one another on a charicter basis as well as a cultural one too.
I am of mixed race and TRUST me, you are going to be misunderstood, there will be cultural clashes and HUGE arguments.

From the way you described the situation it sounds like she just sees you as a ticket out of her present situation but you are the best judge of that.

My final piece of advice is follow your instinct and mind, not your HEART

For Cairock

In all this period, I have been thinking about your situation, and my final decision is :
* do you love her? do you like her? does she have something interesting in her way of being?
* If YES, don t give up her! Maybe she could be the best girl in the world, but she s a child, and her" not nice behavior" comes from not being enough mature, and maybe she loves you, too, and she suffers now, not fair you to punish her in this way, to let her down!
* If you came from Turkey, here to see her, it means that she has something special that attract you, and that " special" could be amplified, you are little mature compare with her, you could educate her in this sense.
* this with " MONEY" , it s just a part of life, not important too much for insure your well-being and your happiness.
It is very important what do you want? to find in your home an innocent that could give you the wise sons and daughters in this world, and your soul to be sticky in that home, or a wealthy rich wife that screams at you?
How many rich people do you see they re happy?
How many middle class you see happy? Take a look, dear reader around you and see the enjoyment and the happiness of poor ones, they find a simple thing a great reason for being happy, in the meantime, the rich sometimes have no value, can t appreciate even things that are the best!
Romanian kings used to marry poor innocents for having good descendants, so DON T GIVE UP, at least not yet, don t be coward, give her another chance!
Find her again, and try to discover yourself in her personality!
Good luck!

Thank you Valibilic and also thank you Irish Alexandrian. I am considering carefully all has been written here and all of you people have been very helpfull.

I thought I had fallen in love with her but she by herself woke me up and said it is not love just like so there is no "love" but as I see there is "like" between us on the other hand she fits my dreams for future and I seem to fit her dreams for her future. The situation in Egypt for women seems to give me an advantage to me as it is just the opposite in my country a lot of laws passed in last 10 years here that even makes men get together and protest that men has no right and women has all the rights :) so it seems with or without the laws her freedom as a female (with a limit ofcourse and the limit is cheating or intending to cheat) is guaranteed here.

But all in all as I mentioned I fit her she fits my dreams and what scares me is that I have been asking myself if I have created a virtual dream life which in reality will become just opposite and when she sees this kind of freedom she suddenly changes and start behaving bad and forgetting her hard days in Cairo. I am just thinking loudly so there is no real offense.

My dream is simple, have a small house in the seaside have a wife who cares of her child and me (They say women creates the family). So I will be working and giving my best to the families economy. drink tea in the balcony and joke. I would hate to see her raising voice and taking me like an enemy.

To say, to dream something is so easy comparing with doing it but don't we have to dream and then put effort in our dreams so that they become true or at least approaching our dreams and goals?

Lastly I am running a small Hosting company on a international scale and I wish to offer to all contributers free for lifetime the following ; website tools (one click website creation of more then 150 types), free hosting space for your personal websites and all the technical support needed. As ı said all will be free and for lifetime with no hidden costs for anything (As long as the company lives). If anyone on this thread(only), interested can contact me by pm.

Closed