Close

IS PERUGIA TOO MUCH OF A COLLEGE TOWN FOR A 50 YEAR OLD?

I'm planning on living in Italy next year for 6 months, then Greece for 6 months.  I'm single and retired and don't plan on working there.  I fell in love with the Umbria region a few years ago during my trip to Italy.  I'm looking for the perfect town to move to that has a balance of peace and quiet as well as some night life.  I also want a location that is train/bus accessible as I don't plan on having a car there.  Is Perugia a good fit ? Is there too many college students there that make it a party town? Any input on helping me chose the perfect town would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks... Lisa

Hello Lisa and welcome on the forum ;)

Hope that soon enough some members over there will be able to best advise you.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

What? 50 too old?? there is a twentysumpthing trapped inside us all. I have lived for almost five years now very close to Perugia, yes, there are a lot of students, but that only adds to the atmosphere. plenty of life, plenty to do and lots of stuff close by. Lago Trasimeno is 135KM sq. boats sailing etc. the hills around Perugia are full of hikers, trails etc. nightlife.. sure , if you look for that, but lots of nice eateries and culture. like any city In Italy, go there, have a look and see if it appeals to you :) you will need a scooter to be really free, but these can be rented on short term.

Thank you for the information! :)

Expatriate health insurance in Umbria

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Umbria

Moving to Umbria

Find tips from professionals about moving to Umbria

Travel insurance in Umbria

Enjoy stress-free travel to Umbria