Cagliari- How is the lifestyle living there?

Can anyone give me some information of lifestyle living in this location?

Cost of living?
Shared accommodation?
Expat community?
Things to do /see?

Hi Claire, bit late probably but I just joined the forum.

Are you planning on living in the city or outside, to be honest the city unless you are in the historic area is pretty crap IMO, Italians like to live on top of each other and I find it can get a little claustrophobic and also in winter everyone burns wood in their fires and you end up with a nasty smog that burns the eyes and must be very unhealthy.

I live in the mountains outside of the city where the air is super clean and this is where the area shines, lots of expats  prefer the countryside or the coast and so you get a lot more of them, this is also where property is the least expensive. Italians seem to be scared to be out of the town so generally only have holiday homes here although this is changing and so you can pick up some real bargains although you are likely to need to do some work.

Those Italians who do live outside the town tend to be artists/musicians,  alternative life-stylists or farmers ..

All in all I love the area, the people and the lifestyle but if I was living  in town it would be a much different story.

Let me know if you make it over and we can meet up. I live here with my partner and our two kids on the side of a hill. :)

Questions and answers about Italy

Ask your question
Need Information about "Nulla Osta" (Italy Visa)
By vijayvijay321
Biking in Sicily?
By ChiamoERIC
Housekeeper, nanny in Rome
By martingiulia
Who lives near santa margherita ligure?
By squeegeetom
Marco Young
Your best business development ideas in Italy
By Priscilla

Expatriate health insurance in Italy

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Italy