Malaysia Immigration

Hi everyone,

What is your opinion about working and living in Malaysia with a family (wife and 3 daughters). Do you think it is a wise move to immigrate to Malaysia ? How are the locals towards pakistanis in general? Will the children get proper education and any issues in mobility?
Are there pakistanis family community?
Thanks for sharing your honest opinion.
Cheers

You will have to put your children in private or international schools.  Minimum charge is RM1500 per child per month of those at school age.  You can choose home schooling if you find that acceptable. That is an important consideration.  There is reducing tolerance to all foreigners at the present time.

By the way, referring to the title of your posting, what has this to do with immigration?? You need to be legally employed in a job at RM5000 or more per month, or be accepted on the MM2H to live in Malaysia, to be able to enrol your children in schools here.

I have been working in Saudi for past 15 years and the school fees are expensive here as well, however am sure I will not get the same remuneration package in Malaysia. I heard about MM2H but then i came to know you are not allowed to work under that system except setup your own biz.
I am in the IT field-technical sr. management position and not sure what are the prospect of it within Malaysia.

Cheers

Yep, Malaysia is no longer welcoming people unless they have money or professional skills. MM2H is a 10 year social visit pass which requires an ongoing RM10 000 monthly remuneration overseas (job or pension). A 100% foreign owned company in Malaysia costs RM 1 million in paid up capital (2 Directors at RM500k each or however they wish to present the split) but you can engage with a Malaysian to do business here for paid up capital of RM350 000. Running a business is tough here unless you aleady have a network or can find a job.

Thanks buddy, it appears UAE is a better option then.
Cheers