About fiancee visa in Norway

that has been a while now, have you tried calling and have they given you any reason why it has been taking so long?

It is a challenging waiting game i do hope you receive your result very soon.

Hi people not yet for us too, been 16months now, it's the longest time av ever had to wait for anything, but we ain't giving up that's for sure

M086 and Addis,  would say a prayer for you guys...please contact them as well..sure good news is around the corner...

Thanks a lot Abimk,
We will never give up!  And i wish to all of us to hear a good news soon:)

To my fellow filipinas here that applied for fiance visa at the VFS Global in Makati.? My question is, is it necessary to have engagement ring or something to proof that you got engaged? We plan on getting married but there's no engagement ceremony or proper engagement ring yet. there was a question on UDI checklist that asks, "Did you have an engagement ceremony? If so, please give details."

anyone who have granted a visa or applied to it hopefully can help me with this. Thanks.

hi ishgee...

you just have to be honest and clear in answering the questions in the questionnaire... an engagement ceremony is part of a marriage tradition in other culture/countries (like india for example)... i believe in some culture, this sometimes involve dowry being paid.. in the Philippines, there is a thing called "pamamanhikan" which i guess can fall in this category... its when the groom's family goes to the bride's house, bringing food and gifts, and officially asks the bride's parents' permission for marriage... its not necessarily a "ceremonial tradition", but its still tradition.. it probably worth mentioning if this happened following your engagement...

however, i did not apply for fiance permit, i applied for a family immigration with spouse... this isnt one of the questions on my checklist... :P lets see what other filipinas can say about this...

pheebz0501 wrote:

hi ishgee...

you just have to be honest and clear in answering the questions in the questionnaire... an engagement ceremony is part of a marriage tradition in other culture/countries (like india for example)... i believe in some culture, this sometimes involve dowry being paid.. in the Philippines, there is a thing called "pamamanhikan" which i guess can fall in this category... its when the groom's family goes to the bride's house, bringing food and gifts, and officially asks the bride's parents' permission for marriage... its not necessarily a "ceremonial tradition", but its still tradition.. it probably worth mentioning if this happened following your engagement...

however, i did not apply for fiance permit, i applied for a family immigration with spouse... this isnt one of the questions on my checklist... :P lets see what other filipinas can say about this...

We didn't have formal engagement ceremony or "Pamamanhikan", as my parents are not much of traditional Filipinos. but my partner already met and hangout with both my parents/relatives when we were living together here in the Philippines and I met his parents/relatives too when I went to Norway for a visit. I am turning 26 and my norwegian partner is turning 29 this year. Maybe pictures together with my bf and my parents will be sufficient? Although I read some discussions here that VFS makati doesn't necessarily include photos as part of the annex on the documents.? :(

To any filipinas that applied for Fiance visa, did u guys have proper Engagement Ceremony?

sorry, my answer was based on the question you have on the other post... :(

about the engagement ring, i am really not sure how to answer this... based on Norwegian traditions, i think commonly, couples buy the ring together and both the couples have an "engagement ring"... in the Philippines, engagement rings aren't really that common decades ago but its becoming more usual now as a symbol of a marriage proposal, and only the girl have it... for my case, my husband had a ring in his hand when he knelt down on one knee and proposed, but i dont think i ever had to show that when i applied at VFS or even submit a picture of it :P tho i had explained the proposal in detail on the UDI checklist i submitted..

whether with a ring or not, you will have to explain how the marriage proposal happened... who proposed, when and where... you can back it up with photos, if you can provide them...

ohh and just to add about your question on this post:

ishgee25 wrote:

Hi to all my fellow Filipina out there, I was wondering if anyone of you ever tried to apply for Family Immigration under Cohabitant Visa? Me and my Norwegian partner had lived together here in the Philippines for a year but then he went back in Norway to work there again. So I went to Norway under tourist visa and stayed there for 3 months. I'm back here in the Philippines now. Anyway, It says on UDI website that you have at least been living together for 2 years. Although, there is an additional requirement you need to include, "Documentation of the requirement for four years full time work or studies (the four year requirement)"  if you had lived together for less than 2 years. I'm not sure what that means.....

based on the UDI site:

Documentation of the requirement for four years full time work or studies (the four year requirement)
You only need to meet this requirement if the reference person is not a Norwegian citizen, and came to Norway as a resettlement refugee, an asylum seeker, through family immigration, or was given a residence permit on the grounds of strong humanitarian considerations or a particular connection to Norway AND one of the following applies to you:
- you do not have children together, and have been living together for less than two years, OR
- you have children together, but the children were conceived after the reference person moved to Norway. (You do not need to fulfill the requirement if the child was conceived while you both had residence permits in Norway)

since you mentioned your partner is a Norwegian citizen, then this requirement doesnt apply to you.... however, it still requires a lease agreement as proof you lived together... you can try ask the Norwegian Embassy in the Philippines what you can submit as an alternative if you dont have this particular document...

please forgive me if my answers seem to be in "installments" :P

I am Filipino and residing and currently working in the Philippines now. I have a Schengen citizen fiance (he is originally Portuguese) and we really wanted to be together. The initial plan is he will be back here in the Philippines on February 2016 and then, we will get married here.

In that case, can I go back with him in Norway? He originally lived in Lisbon with his family, but for 10 years, he has been working in London. Just this October, he moved again in Norway to work there.

I really need help regarding this matter. What best advice can you give us for us to be together?

I will highly appreciate everything. Thank you and stay blessed! :)

hi ponpon

welcome to expat-blogs :)

i had posted a response to your thread here:
Is there any Filipino here? I really need help.

hi pheebz! :) thank you so much. I am really happy to see this forum. And upon reading the topics on it, sure thing, it will help me get through what I'm processing at the moment. Thanks!

And thank you for your response, by the way! ;)

hi pheebz0501
may I know how did you answer the questions on the checklist, was it handwritten? thank you  :)

Hi ladyvamp
You can answer the questions on the checklist by handwritten in another blank paper.. 😊

Ok, thank you so much Katriene, God bless :)

hello its allowed to apply fiancee visa while u in norway . if u have tourist visa?

Wow, approved after a month? That's great! i'm still waiting for my fiance visa for 5 months now. :(

everybody ...
my all papers okk... ı dıd june reference... from your expırınce when ı can get my answer

hello  i have concern  about this ....is allowed to apply fiancee visa while I'm tourist here in norway..? and what he requirement...thank

hi marge

you are posting the same question everywhere... :-/

i have already answered your question here: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … =2#3010457
but it seems like you havent seen my answer or you refuse to read it...

PLEASE read the posts on the links i gave you... THE ANSWER IS THERE...

i believe i have replied in her private messages to me too.

it makes me wonder to if the efforts that i have given are ignored or she thinks it is useless.

I do hope she sees the effort we put in providing links and responding to her questions.

I think shes researching on the thought that if she get any different answer.probably.thts th reason

Cute Cannuk wrote:

Hi, well i apply in May 2015. I send a email to my embassy they reply saying that my papers are send  to UDI. Then i send a email to UDI they had 14 days to repply me they did.  Theey got my application on June 15 & gave me on that repply my DEF number .  That means i m in the QUE. 
If i was you send them a Email to ask them if they have your application in hand.
Best Regards from Quebec Camada
🇨🇦🇳🇴👍🏼

what  ıs QUE?

I think she means "queue"

TMilimo wrote:

reaaly?

oh well... if reading info from my links aren't helping nor stephy's personal messages, then i dunno how else i can help...

but marge, the most important thing you need to know is IF YOU WILL BE ALLOWED TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION AT THE POLITI.... there's no point in gathering the requirements unless they will accept your application.. call the politi in your area and they can tell you if you can apply from here in Norway or you need to go home and apply from the Philippines... as far as I know, being a filipino citizen, and not holding any valid residence permit for the last year, the only reason you will be allowed to submit and wait for your application in Norway is if you qualify as a skilled worker (you should have a COLLEGE DEGREE)... other than that, then you will have to go back home to the Philippines and apply for fiancée permit there...

i wish you the best of luck...

hasan351 wrote:
TMilimo wrote:

reaaly?

if you don't believe, just use the messaging feature to directly ask Cute Cannuk .

Hello dear expats, i'm very glad to be part of this wonderful supporting community!
I have been waiting about 7 months now and may i ask, when the fiance visa is approved, are you going to receive both email from the udi as well as from the manila embassy? What is the content of their email? is there any instruction? can anyone share? i'm curious and excited. Tusen takk!

yes i agree with u.. i send  my message.. all the question here so that i compairedis what the exact info..im not ignoring all the info here...its important 2 make sure what i need

@shutter23

you will receive an email from UDI once your res. card is granted. Then embassy will contact you and will set a date as to when you can pick up your passport with entry visa in it.

Goodluck!

:D:D:D:top:   Tusen takk ;) cheers!

Hi! I am from the US and flying to Norway mid January to live with my boyfriend until the end of my 90 days. We 100 percent plan on getting married and I have a feeling he is going to propose to me during my visit. Since I am American, I do not have to apply for a Visa. I am now wondering how fast we should try and start getting ready to apply for the fiance visa? Are we able to do that while I am in Norway to visit? Sorry if this comes off a little ignorant, but I am so lost about the process and slightly stressing out while reading through this thread about how long the process normally takes. Thanks so much

hello we r same situation but maybe u can ask the polit  here after married

Do you have a university education? If yes then you can apply from Norway.
You have to apply before the 90 days are up.

the_sarah93 wrote:

Hi! I am from the US and flying to Norway mid January to live with my boyfriend until the end of my 90 days. We 100 percent plan on getting married and I have a feeling he is going to propose to me during my visit. Since I am American, I do not have to apply for a Visa. I am now wondering how fast we should try and start getting ready to apply for the fiance visa? Are we able to do that while I am in Norway to visit? Sorry if this comes off a little ignorant, but I am so lost about the process and slightly stressing out while reading through this thread about how long the process normally takes. Thanks so much

Hi! if you are getting married in Norway which would be the faster option (I think). You have to send your application to the nearest Norwegian embassy in the US.

Here are some links that can help you:
Requirements for US citizens who are getting married in norway
How to apply
Application checklist

That website should have all information you need :)

If you apply today the current waiting time is 13 months, I suggest you apply as soon as possible because the time can increase.

I do have a university education!

I also have one more question. This whole process is freaking me out. I only have a one way trip bought right now because financially that is all I could have my parents do for me at the moment. Will that reflect badly on me even though I don't plan on staying in the country illegally? I will be living with my boyfriend while I'm there and he will take care of me. Does he need to fill something out for me or will me simply saying that I'm visiting my boyfriend at the customs check in be enough?

I never realized that dating someone in another country could be so confusing!

I think you are going to need a return ticket...unless you are allowed to live there.

If you are entering as a tourist you will need to show that you have a return ticket.

Ah that's so frustrating because we were planning on trying to apply for the fiance Visa while I was in Norway, like I posted earlier. Will they 100 percent ask me about a return ticket?

As far as I know they always require a return ticket. Even if the airline allows you to fly... immigration will have a problem. The airline can get a big fine if they allow you to board and go to Norway without one. That is usually how it works.

Also Norwegians that are not US citizens/resident need a visa and a return ticket to visit the US.