Case Processing times for applications in the Philippines

hi
sorry if i used tagalog cos im not really in english but oky i will try my best..
i applied for family reunion visa ..we are already married with two kids.. i did not receive any mail from embassy since i applied except of the letter that they granted my application 2 months after...but its only entry visa  that good for 3 month  ..while im waiting for my residence card ...the residence card you have to apply for it when you already here in norway one month before your entry visa expired...
...for the other question...yes my husband sponsor me so most of the document that i gave to embassy was from him...and our two kids they had both pilipino and norwegian passport .so they dont have any problem.

Kea

If you will apply for a tourist visa with "multiple entry" that's when you can go back and forth provided you have not consumed the 90 days inside a 180 day period and that your time of travel is within the validity of the visa that they will grant you :)

A single entry visa will let you enter schengen areas but once you exit (no matter which country in the schengen you exited or entered) you cannot step back in the areas.

You can check here for information in the different schengen visa:

Schengen Visa Types

Stephy25...

Wow! I didn't know this! Gah I'm so clueless..thanks a lot.....isn't it a tad bit difficult to get approval for multiple entry?

hi girls.

this thread is really important to me so i wanna stick to the topic as much as possible :( i hope you understand..

still,  i want to help about the multiple entry visa topic so i posted an answer to a more relevant thread:
Schengen Tourist Visa post #24

hi miraian.

thank you for sharing :)

i had also applied for a family immigration with spouse, together with my daughter and we had been waiting for more than 2 months.. the only thing thats keeping my hopes up for a shorter wait is the fact that i havent received any email that UDI is taking over our case and that it is still at the embassy..

i guess it can really take a longer time when kids are included on applications,  unlike when its just fiancée or spouse applicants which gets approved under a month.. :( but ur shared experience really helped me,  thanks a lot :)

The Embassy can prosess tourist visas, but family reunion applications will AUTOMATICLY be sent to UDI in Norway for prosess.

That was one of the UDI employees told me on friday, when I called them to ask about the D-visa.

If you are married, you can apply for a D-visa(7 day visa). Prosess time is now at 3 months.

To get a D-visa approved, you need to be married, and it's likely that your family reunion application will bee granted.

When you have the D-visa, you go to Norway, report to the police, and deliver the family reunion application(very important that you have all the papers in order, or else you have to go back).

When you have delivered the family reunion application, you can stay in Norway until the application is prosessed(13 months).

If family reunion is granted, you can stay, if not you have to go back.

Hi TextheNorse.

this is not at all true... For applications in the Philippines, not all cases are forwarded to UDI like how it is in most countries... some cases are decided by the embassy that's why they get approved as early as 2-3 weeks after submission of documents... along with this, the Norwegian embassy in the Philippines no longer accept visa D applications... this is the source link for that: Embassy to make Decisions in Residence Permits to Norway - norway.ph

but when residence permits are approved (work or family immigration), they are given entry visa D, which they need to present to the politi to apply for a residence card..

when my husband called UDI, the girl he talked to was automatic in saying "the waiting times for your case is blah blah blah", without even looking at our case number.. when my husband explained that the philippines can make decision, thats when the lady looked at our case and found out the dates on when the embassy asked UDI for some information... i can understand that UDI employees are not aware of all the specific info for different countries... coz different countries have different rules, and its really not easy to be 100% knowledgeable in that...

pheebz0501

Aha.......I see the difference between married people and fiancees.

The most anoying thing in this prosess is NOT the wait, but that different people in embassy and UDI gives different info on same thing.

yes TextheNorse, that is the most frustrating part of it aside from the long wait.. people give different info each time you call.. :(

actually,  as far as I know, some fiancée visa cases are decided by the embassy as well, under certain conditions.. what these conditions are, nobody really knows.. :( you can try go thru threads below, some members applied for Fiancée visa and got approved under a month:
- About fiancee visa in Norway - expat-blog.com
- Fiancee Visa - epat-blog.com

may I ask how many days or weeks after you submitted the documents did your fiancée get the email from UDI?

I think it was 4 days from we delivered the application, until we got a email that UDI had recived the papers.

After that we have recived a email every month, stating that the application is under prosess.

Hi...I understand na need mong maghintay.. Ako this is my 8th months waiting. Sabi makukuha ko result in 9months. I'm here in Norway while waiting for a decision Kasi dito na ako naabutan ng panganganak and I'm married.. So when I submit the papers,Di na ako pinayagan ng politi bumalik so kumuha ako ng paper from my doctor and pinasa ko sa politi... So now I'm also waiting.. Ganyan tlga daw sa UDI Medyo matagal Kasi maraming applicants...

Hi There,
I Submitted my Family reunification requirements in VFS Makati last Sept 1,2015 and now I'm quite confident and positive to be grant with my visa...:-)
I'm married just this June 2015 and I'm currently 11 weeks pregnant. I'm 28 Year Old and Husband is 39 Year Old and we married at my age of 27 Year Old and his still the same hehe.
Anyone can suggest or give positive and negative opinion in my case? By the way we've been together for 8 months in Philippines.

Thank you and good luck to everyone.

hi jen

welcome to the "permit waiting club".!  :D im hoping you will get ur good news soon... most applications gets result within a month --- may it be an approval or if its forwarded to UDI..

by the way,  can  you share info on below questions? some of them u alrdy answered,  hehe i just wanna post the question lineup on this page :P i would really appreciate it,  thanks  :)

- what family immigration visa did u apply for? (spouse or fiancee)
- how long have you been waiting since u submitted your documents? or for those who got an approval, how long was the waiting time for you?
- have you received any emails (either from the embassy or UDI)? if yes,  after how many weeks since application did you receive these emails?
- where did u submit ur applications? VFS manila or Cebu?
- have you been to norway before? how many times and for how long?

:)

I applied for spouse Family Reunification related and so far I haven't receive any sms or email from embassy since I handed my documents last Sept 1 2015 at VFS Manila. I never been in Norway ,this will be my first and most awaiting moment? most awaiting moment tagala? haha. I'm quite anxious but I'm quite confident anyway. But I have some questions, VFS staff didn't accept other documents like flight details, accommodation related and neither our photos as a proof of relationship from the day we've met til wedding and the last day. They declined it, I was thinking it help and give them details that our relationship is not unreal. hmmfff... Sometimes they are confusing and for me, calling to VFS call center agent does not help giving their giving me always a very inconsistent details...

hi jen

for family immigration cases,  u really dont need flight reservations coz we wont know when we can leave, thats up to the embassy/UDI on when we get approved... housing proofs arent needed as requirements as well, maybe they  just believe in good faith that if ur husband is a Norwegian citizen or a resident in Norway with a job, he has a roof above his head..

about the pictures,  i was actually allowed to submit one page of photos... but maybe VFS changed rules or maybe a new employee who isnt knowledgeable yet with what are acceptable.. coz as far as i know, the embassy accepts those as annex (coz its not really part of the requirements)..

moving forward, based on a lot of readings thru forums about other members application, most applicants receive an email from the embassy that their application will be forwarded to UDI within the first or second week of application.. if after one week,  u didnt receive any emails,  then most applicants who had never been to Norway gets an approval after 2-3 weeks... but this are all just my assumptions based on thread posts and some members i talked to.. so this may not be the case all the time, since its still case-to-case basis.. 

lets hope u get ur approval soon :) please let us know here in the thread when that happens..

Hi there,

Hehe I haven't buy a ticket yet, what I'm talking is the flight ticket of my husband...:-) as a supporting documents. Yeah I was also thinking about it...Grr it's quite annoying because I well prepared all my documents but anyway it's already there, I'm hoping for a good result...:)

Age between couple also matter?

oohh ok... but the entry stamps on his passport will prove his stays in the Philippines so thats why tickets or reservation receipts arent needed ;)

to be honest,  i really dont know much about criterias the embassy used.. only one info i read, someone here in Expat.com mentioned that the embassy gave her the reason that she is below 25yo thats why her fiancée visa application was forwarded to UDI... other than that,  i dont know anything else...

tho i read in a UDI circular the section on udiregelverk.no below info:

4.1. Doubts on grounds of suspicion of marriage of convenience:
The factors are not ranked, and the list is not intended to be exhaustive:

* The contact between the parties and their knowledge about each other. Consideration must be given to how long they have known each other, and to the nature and extent of the contact.
* Concurring information from the parties – for example about how they met, got married and the subsequent contact between them.
* Whether the parties can communicate in a common language.
* The age difference between the parties.
* Whether the marriage was paid for without this being possible to explain on the basis of dowry traditions in the home country.
* Whether the marriage is clearly atypical in relation to marriage traditions in the home country.
* Whether circumstances exist that indicate that the marriage was entered into as a result of coercion or exploitation, for example that the parties are clearly unequal in their psychological development.
* Whether the sponsor or close family members of the applicant has/have a marriage history that gives grounds for suspecting a marriage of convenience.
* Whether the applicant has previously attempted to gain right of residence on other grounds, for example by applying for asylum, and whether the marriage was entered into following the rejection of another application.
* Whether the parties have a former spouse/cohabitant/partner who will live with the couple.

how much of the age difference, we dont know exactly.. and this is for entry visa tho, but i believe it still applies since when we get approved for a permit, we get an Entry Visa (Schengen Visa Type C).. you can read more in the source link here: Entry visa for a foreign spouse/registered partner or joint children who wish family immigration - udiregelverk.no

and also, please note that not all cases are the same, so some info my apply and some wont... its still based on the case officer on how they will interpret or decide on your application..

I see, thank you.

What should I do is, i need to seat and be anxious of the decision of the embassy. I hope they won't forward my papers to UDI...:-(

Pictures and other docs, you can upload on web site after you have sent an application online.

hi jen.
just sit tight and wait :P sucks, but thats all we can do, hahaha... tho its still early for your case to be panicking ;) lets just hope your case wont be forwarded to UDI, coz i know its hard to go thru pregnancy alone :(

TextheNorse wrote:

Pictures and other docs, you can upload on web site after you have sent an application online.

which website are you talking about? is this the application portal?

Yes you are right, It's really hard for me specially this is my first pregnancy and first trimester is quiete hard suffering from morning sickness and etc. and it's good that I have good work bored free at home waiting for the result.

Hi are you in norway now? Where are you staying in norway?

Upload pics/docs at UDI homepage.

New service, that when I tried, didn't work well, so I talked with IT-guy Tarjei(at UDI), and we got it to work.

TextheNorse wrote:

Upload pics/docs at UDI homepage.

New service, that when I tried, didn't work well, so I talked with IT-guy Tarjei(at UDI), and we got it to work.

ohh, thats something new... can you share the link here? is that a public page or just a link provided by UDI if they need further documents from the applicants?

You have to be logged in at UDI, then:

http://www.udi.no/en/word-definitions/f … documents/

I'm soooo happy have been approved my resident visa just applied September 4 2015 and today i got a notification from the embassy that I am granted.

wow.! that was fast  :o u got approved after 9 days... congrats jen.! :) i'm happy for you

:)

not 9 days haha I submitted pala may docs last Sept 4 2015.

wow.! 6 days... its even under a week... thats the fastest i've heard,  first-hand from the applicant..  ;)

again,  congrats... :) next is CFO exit seminar, if u never done it before...

I only need the sticker, finished with the seminar due to the renewal of my passport and using my married name.

Yeah It was a bit surprising,  maybe because the income of my husband is exceeded from their required income, we lived together in Philippines for almost 8 months straight, our age difference is only 10 years and maybe educational attainment also matter since I am a college or a nurse graduate but I'm not sure about it. It was my first time application we both surprised! haha

Good luck guys!

Hi Guys,

Good Morning,

I would like to share the story of my fam visa application.

I met my husband last year Aug 2014- Sept 2014 and next Dec 2014- Jun 2015. He is a pensioner due to his little injury of his back but he is very normal. We lived together in Philippines for 7 months and 3 weeks therefore it's almost 8 months. We got married Jun 2015 civil wedding I was 27 year old and he's 39 year old and now I am 28 year old and his still 39.
I applied last Sept 04 2015 submitted in VFS Makati and I received the result of my application Sept 10, 2015 it's actually less than a week the embassy made a decision of my application and it was GRANTED. Husband I didn't expect, were overwhelmed of joy.

They are right that its case to case basis.
We met all the requirements needed.
My husband pension is higher than their income bracket
Our age gap is 10 years
We both married in the right age meaning we actually married without the consent of our parents
I'm 13 weeks pregnant
I didn't provide pictures on our application.
I answered very short and precise answers
I submitted my pregnancy ultrasound.
I never been in Norway
And I think our educational background is also matter, how did they know your educational background? If you remember the application portal there was a question related to your educational attainment that's why I'm thinking it's also a part of it.
I'm a nurse graduate and I never had kids and same with my husband. My pregnancy is our first baby.

I think it's really case to case basis and how you answer your checklist.

Good luck Everybody
I husband came from Northern part of Norway Leknes in Lofoten

Congrats Jen, that was a fast result. My friend who applied fiancee visa last June got approved in less than 2 weeks she was in her early stage of pregnancy as well. Even getting the marriage license here in norway it only take her 2 days to wait when normally it's 4-6 weeks.

And Lofoten is very nice place, been there this summer.

Hi Jen

I just want to ask the situation  of  your hubby? Is he not working anymore and just get money from NAV?
My fiancee is also a pensioner because he also have a problem of his back, he get operate 4 times... and he is not allowed to work anymore.
And we have plan to apply a fiancee visa this time... I been in Norway 2 times.. and I hope they also grant me a visa fast.

Hi @jen_johnsen87..

That is cool! Hope we get the same result.. Actually, the pension income (for disability) bracket is lower than what is normally required so it is easier to apply that way :) It's in UDI site anyway... http://www.udi.no/en/word-definitions/i … /#link-364

But those things you mentioned are really huge factor in your application..
I'll keep this in mind...very inspiring.

Cheers!
Kea :):thanks:

Hi Tomrain husband pension is quite high and we exceed for the income bracket.
I think for your application just make it very simple that looks more real instead of adding so much information or documents. I discourage those applicant not to process your application at any agency as far as i knew they ask for 80,000 above! Thats oh my what??? Its better to do it with your partner its more exciting, you learn a lot and its very rewarding when you get a positive result. I think the requirements are not so hard to comply that you risk to pay a lot to process in your behalf. Just an a advice but if you want to pay then its choice and hassle free but working it by your own abd your partber is PRICELSS.

Yeah Lofoten is a beautful place as per husband never been there I only saw thru pictures haha

Hi to all my fellow Filipina out there, I was wondering if anyone of you ever tried to apply for Family Immigration under Cohabitant Visa? Me and my Norwegian partner had lived together here in the Philippines for a year but then he went back in Norway to work there again. So I went to Norway under tourist visa and stayed there for 3 months. I'm back here in the Philippines now. Anyway, It says on UDI website that you have at least been living together for 2 years. Although, there is an additional requirement you need to include, "Documentation of the requirement for four years full time work or studies (the four year requirement)"  if you had lived together for less than 2 years. I'm not sure what that means.

Also, One of the requirement as well is if we have proof that we lived together like tenancy agreement/apartment Rental agreement, this one is named only after him and I'm not included on the contract. :( what I have is my employment contact that has the same address as to where we lived before, I'm not sure if that is sufficient. :(

We are planning of applying to this kind of visa, but we are also considering Fiance Visa.  What do you think we should do? :(

hi ishgee..

in my own personal opinion, if both of you are free to marry, it would be much better for you to apply for Fiancée visa.. requirements are easier and pretty much straight forward..

cohabitation, this requires proof that you had lived together like lease/rent agreements.. which is not commonly provided to tenants in the Philippines..

also since this is a thread for those who had already applied for residence permits and had been waiting, i would suggest you to start a separate thread about this topic to get much more informative and relevant responses..

wish you all the best :)

pheebz0501 wrote:

hi ishgee..

in my own personal opinion, if both of you are free to marry, it would be much better for you to apply for Fiancée visa.. requirements are easier and pretty much straight forward..

cohabitation, this requires proof that you had lived together like lease/rent agreements.. which is not commonly provided to tenants in the Philippines..

also since this is a thread for those who had already applied for residence permits and had been waiting, i would suggest you to start a separate thread about this topic to get much more informative and relevant responses..

wish you all the best :)

Thanks for replying fast pheebz. We will apply for fiance visa then. Another question though, Is it important that we we need to show proof that we got engaged e.g engagement ring? I saw some parts of the questionaire on the checklist that asked if, Did you have an engagement ceremony? If so, please give details.

hi ishgee..

i answered this question on the same post you have on the "About fiancee visa in Norway" topic.. please check it here: About fiancee visa in Norway