What is processing time of fiance permit application for Norway?

Hi everyone, my Norwegian  boyfriend and I plan to get married and I am curious how long does it take to receive a response after applying. 
There are some old topics on this website where people say they have been waiting 9 months and more, but the UDI website clearly says 3 months, if you are not summoned for the interview, which might take another year or so. For reasons, I believe I don't fall in the category to be summoned for the interview, so I am hoping to get it in 3 months, but other people's experience on internet tell me different.

What's your experience and what are the waiting times as of TODAY?

I copied this from UDI:

How long must I wait before I find out if I will have to attend an interview?

Within 3 months after you handed in the application documents to the police or at the embassy or Visa Application Centre, you will be notified about what will happen with your case.

You will either

be notified that you will be summoned for an interview with the police or at the embassy (this is the most common), or
be notified that your application has been rejected or granted.

Are you submitting the application in Norway or outside Norway?

My friend in singapore submitted her fiance application in Singapore and it took less than 3 months to receive reply.  She has no interview etc.

But then other people (as mentioned in your post) can take as long as 9 months to a year but I also notice that a lot of them are from Philippines.

I know 3 people that applied after 2017. And all of them get answer from UDI less than 3 month. 2 of them are from Philippines and One of them is from India.
I applied on 12th of March. Hopefully we get answer soon.
Be positive and good luck!

I applied last October 31,2016 family reunitification at vfs  Cebu until now no result. Hope i get my visa soon. God bless. Thanks.

Hello my fiancee and I applied for a fiancee visa yesterday and today i got a reply from the politi that they registered my application for a resident permit and  either the politi will process our visa or the UDI so its really case to case basis. Maybe? We are hoping to have a quick response. Im so worried reading the thread about how many months to have a result from their application. Is normal that they not keep my original passport?

gracekimmo wrote:

Hello my fiancee and I applied for a fiancee visa yesterday and today i got a reply from the politi that they registered my application for a resident permit and  either the politi will process our visa or the UDI so its really case to case basis. Maybe? We are hoping to have a quick response. Im so worried reading the thread about how many months to have a result from their application. Is normal that they not keep my original passport?

In Norway, I have never heard or seen any of my friends who have their passports being withheld for resident permit.  We just need to take a copy of it and bring Original passport for them to certify with a stamp that the photocopied documents are true copies.

Ok. Thank you for the reply. Do you have any idea if how many weeks or months they will approve fiance visa here in Norway?

Hello I have a cohabetant in Norway,and we are expected kid already that I was 16 weeks pregnant when we started to apply ,I applied my permanent permit last August 1,2017,..and after 1 week I received email from udi that says they already received my application and September 2,2017 I received another email from udi that said that my application of permanent permit was waiting to be process ...i and my cohabitant are worried if when we can be approved because my bump was 5 months and turning 6 months this September and I can't able to travel after my 7months periods...i and him are very confident that we meet all the qualification,have any one here can give me advice?please....

M2m0818 wrote:

Hello I have a cohabetant in Norway,and we are expected kid already that I was 16 weeks pregnant when we started to apply ,I applied my permanent permit last August 1,2017,..and after 1 week I received email from udi that says they already received my application and September 2,2017 I received another email from udi that said that my application of permanent permit was waiting to be process ...i and my cohabitant are worried if when we can be approved because my bump was 5 months and turning 6 months this September and I can't able to travel after my 7months periods...i and him are very confident that we meet all the qualification,have any one here can give me advice?please....

Permanent residency?  I am not sure if you have given the right name for the residency that you are applying.  Do you mean family unification?

I mean resedence permit...

M2m0818 wrote:

I mean resedence permit...

Yes but there are many kinds of residence permit.  If you are applying for family unification, it seems like for people from philippines, it can takes up to 1 yr or more.  You need to contact the embassy and ask for status.

If you are not in Norway, Do you really need to give birth in Norway?  As long as one parent is norwegian, the baby is automatically a norwegian citizenship.

It might be better to stay in Philippines and give birth while waiting for the permit.  Once the permit is approved, you can travel when you are ready.  Infant is easy to travel with because they sleep all day and all night.

You are pregnant and very close to delivery.  It is best to take things easy and relax.

Hi...  did you have to submit your passport together with the application papers?

Hi everyone..   do i have to surrender my passport in applying family reunitification with a spouse visa? Coz im planning to travel to norway while waiting for the result, since i have a multiple entry visitor visa now.

cherryarnoy2017 wrote:

Hi everyone..   do i have to surrender my passport in applying family reunitification with a spouse visa? Coz im planning to travel to norway while waiting for the result, since i have a multiple entry visitor visa now.

Are you applying it in Norway or outside Norway?  I did not need to surrender my passport when I submitted mine in Norway.  I photocopied my passport and brought the actual passport along for them to certify that the copies are real.  I got my passport back after they checked the copies over the counter.

cherryarnoy2017 wrote:

Please remember that there is a rule that once you apply for switching your Schengen visa to family reunification you would need to wait for the decision.

Hi.. Can anyone help me?  I just wanna ask how many months i need to wait until i can apply for another tourist visa?  I just came home this month from norway..

glesiel wrote:

Hi.. Can anyone help me?  I just wanna ask how many months i need to wait until i can apply for another tourist visa?  I just came home this month from norway..

If you leave Schengen and your visa does not cover more entries, you must apply for a new visa to re-enter Schengen as per UDI instructions. You can reapply again for your Schengen visa, that's normal because initially they can issue you a visa for one entry, then the next time the duration increases, and so forth. Good luck!

cherryarnoy2017 wrote:

Hi...  did you have to submit your passport together with the application papers?

Yes for FILIPINO citizens, you submit your passport together with your required documents to VFS Manila or Cebu.

Thank you for the response... Uhm just one last question  do i need to wait for 3 months to apply again for a visa?  Or i can apply directly again. Im just here in the Philippines for about 2 weeks.

glesiel wrote:

Thank you for the response... Uhm just one last question  do i need to wait for 3 months to apply again for a visa?  Or i can apply directly again. Im just here in the Philippines for about 2 weeks.

Hi, just to clarify, what type of Schengen Visa do you have and the exact validity of that? It's hard to give an accurate answer when your information is unclear.

Ohh sorry... Its tourist visa..

yes I know it's a tourist visa, but was it expired already? how many entries was it? when is the exact days of your entry and exit here in Norway?  I am asking because not all tourist visas are the same and I can not guess what type you have and I can't give a definite answer. Because as a rule if you have been in the Schengen area in the last 90 days, you must check when it is possible for you to re-enter, and how many days you can stay in Schengen.

Hello thank you for replying. Im currently in the Philippines now.  I will come to visit my husband in norway on the 30th of  November this year with a visitor visa for 3 months but i want to apply also for an immigration visa with a spouse before i go there in norway? Do you think i  have to surrender my passport so i can travel and also just wait for my immigration visa's result?

I have the same question before and I got this answere from the embassy...if you are planning to visit norway while applying for a family reunitification,you better submit the two application,which you can found the form at the udi site also, for that they can give u the visa to visit and u can wait for the approval of your application for family reunitification in norway and u can settle your residence card and u don't need to go back at your country...but after your duration of staying for tourist visa has expired and still the other application still not approved you should leave norway immediately and just wait for the result in your home country...
Hope it can help u....😊

Hi thank you for that info. :)    btw I already have a tourist visa  and i wanna know if i can still submit an application for family immigration visa before i travel there in norway as a tourist and just wait for the result either in norway or in  Philippines?

Can i ask if only red ribbon ducoments is needed in a fiance visa?is it ok if i will not go to the consulate and have it stamp?

Hello guys!!!I got mail today😄 My resident permit is approve😄 We applied last Sept. 12, 2017. I hope you guys will have a good news too.God bless us all!!!

ninafrusciante wrote:

Hi everyone, my Norwegian  boyfriend and I plan to get married and I am curious how long does it take to receive a response after applying. 
There are some old topics on this website where people say they have been waiting 9 months and more, but the UDI website clearly says 3 months, if you are not summoned for the interview, which might take another year or so. For reasons, I believe I don't fall in the category to be summoned for the interview, so I am hoping to get it in 3 months, but other people's experience on internet tell me different.

What's your experience and what are the waiting times as of TODAY?

I copied this from UDI:

How long must I wait before I find out if I will have to attend an interview?

Within 3 months after you handed in the application documents to the police or at the embassy or Visa Application Centre, you will be notified about what will happen with your case.

You will either

be notified that you will be summoned for an interview with the police or at the embassy (this is the most common), or
be notified that your application has been rejected or granted.

Hi..been into this situation i had applied last May 5,2017 and i was bloody scared that time because I sort of over stay here in norway for 10 dans last year. But luckily  i received a confirmation of my visa approved last june 15,1017 so it will only take a Month really to process it:)

hi....I  applied my fiancée visa application one week and a half ago and I have been scheduled for an interview already...anyone wanna share their experience and what are possible questions?

Zippy1234 am also kenyan and planning to apply from kenya, let me know how that goes.. :)

Hi Zippy and Naitipa.....am a kenyan too. I applied for family reunion visa in 27th july 2017....and I was granted on 26th January 2018. It took exactly 6 months. No interview for both of us.

thanks dear Prisca....thou I feel like crying when I read about this months duration time.but all in all,will stay positive and hope something good comes up soon.

I felt the same way too gal. But just stay positive