Cost of living

Hi all

What is the cost of living in Nepal , life of average comfort, that's of current year. I read the post of last year but heard that current year prices are much higher than the last year.

Regards
Vish

Inflation over the last year has been calculated to be 13.2%
http://www.indexmundi.com/nepal/inflati … es%29.html
I would have guessed the inflation to be a bit higher, more about 20%, at least for food stuff, but I guess inflation calculations are about more then just food stuffs...

Do your maths on last years prices, and you'll have a fair indication of the prices for this year...

For most foreigners living in Nepal the fluctuations of the Nepali rupee against the Euro or the Dollar hurt more then the inflation rate.

vishakha wrote:

Hi all

What is the cost of living in Nepal , life of average comfort, that's of current year. I read the post of last year but heard that current year prices are much higher than the last year.

Regards
Vish

Dear Vish,
The cost of living here in Nepal has increased than last year..but no so high,,you may get a flat rent in general Rs 10,000 to 15,000 for simple living and Rs 20,000 for food and trasportation in Kathmandu..it is simple living..not luxurious one..you may get a pizza Rs 400 to 600 range (NRs) and a beer cost 200 to 300 in  a moderate restaurant.

Thanks,,welcome in Nepal

Pashupati Koirala
[email protected]

Hi everybody,
I can help someone who wish to do internship or research in forestry and livelihood including governance system..in Nepal..

Thanks,

Warm regards, Welcome.

Pashupati
[email protected]

koiralapn wrote:

Hi everybody,
I can help someone who wish to do internship or research in forestry and livelihood including governance system..in Nepal..

Thanks,

Warm regards, Welcome.

Pashupati
[email protected]

Hello Pashupati,
You might want to start a new topic on this subject as it is off-topic in the discussion on "Cost of Living".
Also kindly explain in the new discussion in which way you might be able to help
Thanks.

FeeAcer wrote:
koiralapn wrote:

Hi everybody,

Thanks,

Warm regards, Welcome.

Pashupati
[email protected]

Hello Pashupati,
You might want to start a new topic on this subject as it is off-topic in the discussion on "Cost of Living".
Also kindly explain in the new discussion in which way you might be able to help
Thanks.

Hi,
I might be wrong processing of my helping motive through cost of living,,I can only help the topic,,site and research logistics with out cost through my project where I am working now in Nepal..Anyway,,who wish to join or do the research in forestry sector particularly the livelihood aspects then I can help them..

thanks for reminding me..

Regards,
Pashupati

Hello Pashupati,
If you are offering internship, you might want to insert an ad in Nepal's Classifieds -> Jobs, Internship.
Cheers
Arlette

I will probably be coming to Nepal in about another six months maybe before, I'm currently in Costa Rica. How much does the dollar float? Is The capitol where most expats live? I would be very interested to hear from anyone who has lived in Latin America to talk about Culture and cost of living differences.