Traffic On the Way To BSB

We are in the process of looking at villas within a commuting distance to BSB.
We have focused on Hamala and Jasra, however there are some lovely villas in Janabiyah and Saar that we really like also.
My question: the traffic lights going over the motorway from Janabiyah to BSB... are they a problem during the schools runs?
I passed there today and although it was a bit late it seemed a little congested, moving, but congested.

Would living that side of the motorway increase the school commute by much?

I do it every day.  Sometimes it's a pain and other times its a breeze.  This morning it took me 20 minutes round trip from Janabiya to school and back home - easy run.  We leave home about 715am and are rarely at school later than 740am even on a "bad day", normaly it's closer to 730am.

From Janabiya/Saar you dont have to go across the bridge, you can nip on the motorway and come up that way which can be quicker. 

Cant promise it's as quick as from Jasra/Hamala because it isn't but we actually prefer living over this side and for the extra 10-15 minutes it doesn't affect us that much.

That is interesting. You certainly seem to get more for your money on the villas on that side.
Can I ask why you prefer that side?

I don't know either side very well. Coming from Dubai, no matter where you are there always seem to be the token shops and cafes.  Doesn't seem so in Bahrain, well not in Hamala anyway.
We were there a couple of weeks ago and I had a bit of difficulty finding a petrol station, which again I found strange compared to Dubai and Saudi.
They are probably there, I just don't know where.
Also, graffiti seems to be a common pastime.  I have never seen so much, not even in the UK/Ireland.
Is it related to the unrest?

We are making a list of properties and my wife intends to come over and make the choice middle of this month.

I cannot take that responsibility as a man................ for sure that would be a disaster.

Thanks for all the comments.

When moving to Bahrain the main factors for property searching are:
If lots of graffitti and burnt bins dont live there
If the road is pitted from fires then don't live there

I live in Saar and it is much better than Jasra and Hamala. Much better shops, near the cinema, expat clubs, nice restaurants and cafe's rather than  KFC and McDonalds etc.

Jasra and Hamala are nice (but expensive) and there is NOTHING THERE

Just my pennies worth but Scottrace is by far and away the expert on your topic

We prefer being this side because we like to feel like we live in Bahrain and Jo is right there are more restaurants, cafes, and general life over here.  We have a local cold store and bakery where everyone knows us, the guy in the local restaurant has caught on that my 9 year old can now read and speak Arabic so helps him out with anything he can't understand (the guy's English is limited) but they both love it.  The local veg man keeps the best veg for me and wont let me buy things he thinks are rubbish. We are looking at moving to something bigger but I would not move back near BSB (we were there when we first arrived).

You are right - petrol stations are hard to find and can be tucked away.  The nearest one to BSB is Alosra in Saar.

Yes Grafitti is an issue.  There is not much of it in Janabiya and the local girl's school has painted beautiful arabic writing on its walls to stop them. 

Good luck with the property search. If you are stuck give us a yell and one of us can give you the real lowdown on the properties you are looking at.