Cost of living in Gibraltar

Hi everybody,

It would be very interesting and helpful to start a topic about the cost of living in Gibraltar.

Don't forget to mention where you are living

Let's compare the:

> accommodation prices (how much does it cost to rent or to buy an accommodation in Gibraltar?)

> public transportation fares (tube, bus etc ...)

> food prices(per month, how much does it cost you?)

> health prices (for those who need medical insurance)

> eduction prices (if you need to pay)

> energy prices (oil, electricity)

> common bills (Internet, television, telephone, mobile phone)

> prices of a good menu in a traditional restaurant

> prices of a beer or a coffee in a regular pub

Thanks in advance for your participation!

Hi came over and rented on the north district which is far cheaper close to the beach and larger housing anyways the house next door went up for sale and here i am Gibraltar can be expensive if you go for the big developements but I have found many others who come over to work try and buy in the north district this area is being redeveloped and prices will rise luckily the locals seem to go for those nearer the schools not that the north district is far but they tend to move close to there families i.e the west distrct which for me is overcrowded we are planing to buy another flat in this area (north)to invest before they go up again. Good thing is 3 yr residencyis not a requirement for most accomodation on this side:)

Hi there,

May ask you some information about Gibraltar?
I want to move there on May..I would like to know some informations about how to rent apt? even sharing...
do you have any advice for job opportunities.
Regards