Life begins at 40 (Or so they say!)...

So I woke up this morning, just like any other day, full of hopes and patience (I've been waiting 4 months for my deployment to Makkah inshaAllah) ... But then I've come to realized, today marked my 40th year of existence in this life, alhamdulillah! Yup, I'm about to join the caravan of middle-aged babies :lol: . Anyway, I know there's nothing to whine about this. I think it's a great time to contemplate with what you've already accomplished all those years, what you've failed to do but never regret the mistakes you've had and decide what you still need to do. One thing's for sure, now that I'm mature enough (I think :/ ), and have surpassed all the blows in life (and ready to face the new ones)... I've learned a great deal from it (keep myself from screwing it up again), knows & understand my purpose, and strive to be the best person I could be. So how about you, how did you welcomed the new chapter of your life? How do you want to spend the remaining half of it? I think it's a good time to start giving more attention to our needs, be aware of the midlife crisis, and find ways to somehow overcome & deal with it. Any thoughts on this? Have a splendid day everyone!

Happy Birthday Lina and Many Happy Returns of the day.

That's the beauty of life. Every year you get a better, wiser, nicer and maturer person.

Have a great day.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Happy Birthday Lina and Many Happy Returns of the day.

That's the beauty of life. Every year you get a better, wiser, nicer and maturer person.

Have a great day.

Thanks TLL :)

Kabayan happy birthday and congrats.now your life truly begins. Best of wishes.

cookieboy wrote:

Kabayan happy birthday and congrats.now your life truly begins. Best of wishes.

Thanks kabayan :cheers:

Happy birthday, my friend.   In my family we start counting backwards at 40 😜!

Enjoy life.  Focus on your blessings and not on those things yet to be accomplished or where you may see failure.  Those are both out of your control. 

Rigger

Rigger64 wrote:

Happy birthday, my friend.   In my family we start counting backwards at 40 😜!

Enjoy life.  Focus on your blessings and not on those things yet to be accomplished or where you may see failure.  Those are both out of your control. 

Rigger

Thanks bro! Yup, you're right, better just to nurture what I have now and enjoy my independence :top: .

Hi Lina,

Congrats on your 40th!!! Like we say in Canada....... "Party Hard!!!" or here in Brazil "Faz Festa".

Al-Hamdu-Lillah your message gives me great hope, it means I'm really ONLY going to be 25 years old next month if it's really true that life begins at 40. Yippppeeeeeeeeeee  :top:

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

wjwoodward wrote:

Hi Lina,

Congrats on your 40th!!! Like we say in Canada....... "Party Hard!!!" or here in Brazil "Faz Festa".

Al-Hamdu-Lillah your message gives me great hope, it means I'm really ONLY going to be 25 years old next month if it's really true that life begins at 40. Yippppeeeeeeeeeee  :top:

Cheers,

Thanks William! Life has so much to offer, it's up to us how we want to live it. Having reached this age gave me the pass that I could do more, to make my stay worthwhile. And my to-do-list is starting to fill, just so excited to celebrate my maturity  :D . So grateful to Allah for the gift of life.

You're absolutely right Lina. Unfortunately far too many people in this world look at life as if it is a huge WAVE that carries them helplessly to some unknown destination. They feel helpless to control it in any way and don't even try.

The successful people in life look on it as a vehicle, perhaps like a CAR... something that they get into, behind the steering wheel and guide it to the destination that THEY want to reach.

These are the people that understand that you have to tackle life head-on, pick it up in your hands, hold it up over your head and shake it for all it's worth. That way, all the good things in life fall out, you scoop them up and run with them to where you want to be!!!

Congratulations, much happiness and success to you for the NEXT 40 years or so!!!

Cheers,

wjwoodward wrote:

You're absolutely right Lina. Unfortunately far too many people in this world look at life as if it is a huge WAVE that carries them helplessly to some unknown destination. They feel helpless to control it in any way and don't even try.

The successful people in life look on it as a vehicle, perhaps like a CAR... something that they get into, behind the steering wheel and guide it to the destination that THEY want to reach.

These are the people that understand that you have to tackle life head-on, pick it up in your hands, hold it up over your head and shake it for all it's worth. That way, all the good things in life fall out, you scoop them up and run with them to where you want to be!!!

Congratulations, much happiness and success to you for the NEXT 40 years or so!!!

Cheers,

Well said, William. :one True words of wisdom to live by. JazakaAllah khair. ( May Allah bless you with goodness.)

Sorry sis, was asleep yesterday , ya the whole day .Had an exam and well its not the matter anyhow congrats on reaching 40 years of existence on this earth  :par: , well all i wish is may Allah give you guidance , good health, and insight , on who wish to spend the rest of your days. :cheers:

Djzubaid wrote:

Sorry sis, was asleep yesterday , ya the whole day .Had an exam and well its not the matter anyhow congrats on reaching 40 years of existence on this earth  :par: , well all i wish is may Allah give you guidance , good health, and insight , on who wish to spend the rest of your days. :cheers:

Thanks Djzubaid  :cheers:

happy 40th :)

Well, lina, your outlook is much more positive than mine was. I woke up realising I was entering my fifth decade on this planet, and every day that passed would be one less opportunity to do cool stuff. I no longer had the excuse of youth to make silly decisions, I could no longer, at the drop of a hat, go backpacking to some far flung, exotic destination (the knees aren't happy carrying me and a large backpack), and I now have to look forward to the onset of aches, pains, and niggling disorders like atherosclerosis and cardiovascular disease, arthritis, cataracts, osteoporosis, type 2 diabetes, hypertension, cancer and Alzheimer's, and will eventually become a clump of a useless, broken, shell of a human in some old people's home and a bed-wetting embarrassment to any masochist who has the patience to still acknowledge me. Yay.

When I was 40 I became a mother again.
Which gives me a lot of negatives comment from people who are close minded.

Anyway: happy belated birthday or koll 3am wa inti  begheir

Full Monty wrote:

Well, lina, your outlook is much more positive than mine was. I woke up realising I was entering my fifth decade on this planet, and every day that passed would be one less opportunity to do cool stuff. I no longer had the excuse of youth to make silly decisions, I could no longer, at the drop of a hat, go backpacking to some far flung, exotic destination (the knees aren't happy carrying me and a large backpack), and I now have to look forward to the onset of aches, pains, and niggling disorders like atherosclerosis and cardiovascular disease, arthritis, cataracts, osteoporosis, type 2 diabetes, hypertension, cancer and Alzheimer's, and will eventually become a clump of a useless, broken, shell of a human in some old people's home and a bed-wetting embarrassment to any masochist who has the patience to still acknowledge me. Yay.

Cheer up bro :cheers: . Im sure it's not that bad and there's still so much to look forward to.  To be honest, it's only now that I felt liberty to explore my life. I guess that's my prize for being single and finally getting my dream job. Just live a healthy lifestyle, love yourself and stay active. You'll be fine inshaAllah.  :top:

Primadonna wrote:

When I was 40 I became a mother again.
Which gives me a lot of negatives comment from people who are close minded.

Anyway: happy belated birthday or koll 3am wa inti  begheir

Thanks sissy. Dont mind those people, you have the best blessing for being a mom. :one

SP_programmer wrote:

happy 40th :)

Thanks!