Someone needs to stop the jerks in this forum!!

Pls excuse the language! but I'm really pissed off right now, because every now & then some dude would add me to his contact without my consent!!!!!! they just assume that all the ladies want to befriend them or date them or something. WTH IS THAT???

An example is Mister https://www.expat.com/forum/profile.php?id=53776 who apparently added the whole pink profiles to his contacts hoping to hunt for girls! What's wrong with these people?! I think all ladies should pretend they're guys from now on so these freaks stop being so stupid..
Oh and by the way my profile is clear about all of this but people seem to just ignore that or something!!!!

To whoever it may concern:

Fact number 1: I'm (HAPPILY) married (alhamdulilah)

Fact number 2: If I was single I would have acted the same way!!

Fact number 3: I respect everyone I expect the same from all.

Fact number 4: Don't mess with me I'm not just any girl! (you can ask the ones who tried to mess with me b4!!)

Fact number 4: (                       ) use your imagination!!!

Peace

And Julien pls do something.

I can so relate with you.  Though I clearly state that I am happily married, "indecent proposals" still come my way which I do not appreciate at all!  I do wish these dim-witted males would wise up and realize that not all ladies (Filipinas like me, most especially) joining blog orgs like Expat.coms are "on the prowl".

Just to remind it to everybody, you are not on a dating forum !

I am currently in Paris for a few days off, I'll modify the contact system next week when I'll be back home.

Sorry for the inconvenience this is very annoying

Someone needs to stop the jerks in this forum!!

Actually to be fair, most of them are not in this forum.  They are just scammers and trollers out for cheap thrills.  They don't actually participate in the forum at all.

It's not only the ladies that are annoyed by it...some of us are annoyed by the indecent proposals of same-gender posters.

Enjoy the holidays, Julien.

We'll be waiting.

My suggestion would be to just dump the "contact" feature entirely.  It really serves no purpose here.

Forgive my ingorance, but I've read many similar threads and I'm curious to know what happens exactly when someone adds a person to his contact list? what makes it annoying? I never added anyone nor anyone added me (I guess) so this is really making me curious lol

Short and sweet:

There are some creeps who come here, never say a WORD in forum, and yet we get word via email that they have 'added' us as contacts. 

Check their profile and sure enough, there's our smiling faces (it's why I changed to the kitty pic) ... along with 200 other women.

We have no choice in the matter and I think that's what bothers me the most.

his profile is awesome...pink all the way!
i really like his dp

are we seeking Abhayas for all of us on this forum?

just ignore the jerks and dont make such a big ballyhoo about this which is something that happens all the time, everywhere, on all forums, social networking sites and other online sites.

musicman,

Nahhhh.. on the other sites you have the choice of accepting or rejecting 'friend' requests.

It may seem like a ballyhoo to you, but I think I'm correct in assuming the creeps don't do this to you :lol: 

It's easy to dismiss something when it's not your problem ;)

the guy obliged by removing all contacts although not very politely but he did, after sending him a private message! so problem solved! :D

Thanks for your reply Julien, and sorry for giving you a headache while you're away. I hope you're enjoying your stay as well as the weather!

Also I want to thank everyone for their inputs..although I noticed that some members didn't quite get why I'm so annoyed. The reason why this is getting on my nerves, is that since I became a member in this forum I actually got so many messages from males who want to befriend/ date me.. & some were bold enough to send me their phone number & wanted me to call them (Too much confidence, I call it). Why is that? I have no idea.

I was going to write a post back then, what stopped me was that I saw other threads about situations like this so I didn't want to post & complain about the same thing, but now my patience is zero because they just keep coming. There's nothing that suggest in my profile that I can be a potential dating candidate. So why bother me & waste their time & my time, I really don't know!!. I'm sure some of the ladies here do understand & can relate to my frustration.
Yes I know I can just reject them, but if another male members of the same mentality checked my profile, & saw that I have male contacts that would encourage him to add me themselves thinking that I'm  looking for a date! The second thing is that I have the right to choose not to be bothered by stuff like this. If I'm not friends with them, why would I want them in my contact list, it just doesn't make sense. And by the way this never happened to me in any other forum, because usually you have the option to reject or accept.

P.S:  I want to clarify one more thing. Those retarded stereotypes that are spread by a bunch of uneducated, ill-mannered individuals about Moroccan women are not true, & IF there was any truth in them, they definitely don't apply to everyone & especially me.

Those retarded stereotypes that are spread by a bunch of uneducated, ill-mannered individuals about Moroccan women are not true, & IF there was any truth in them, they definitely don't apply to everyone & especially me.

Ditto American women!! :lol:

Alliecat wrote:

Those retarded stereotypes that are spread by a bunch of uneducated, ill-mannered individuals about Moroccan women are not true, & IF there was any truth in them, they definitely don't apply to everyone & especially me.

Ditto American women!! :lol:

I know! It's sick..

I didn't realize that there were stereotypical thoughts about Moroccan women.  Being a Yank, I've probably heard the ones about American women, though.

I guess I don't get out as much as I should.  Or perhaps I get out just the right amount.

It may be similar to what most people think and believe about the age old Nigerian money making scams.... There must be some good Nigerians on the planet, I am sure?

Alisan - So sorry to hear about your issues!  I too get a bunch of unwanted emails and can't wait for the system changes that are coming. 

THANK YOU Julien!  :thanks:

CAF wrote:

don't thank me ... I haven't done anything yet ;)

(just arrived back home yesterday)

Oh, but I know you will - very soon!  :D:D

Put their details on a gay dating site as punishment, teach them to be stupid by giving out their mobile number

Nelson - Not a bad idea!  :lol::lol::lol::lol:  It may get their attention, but won't help us here!

I know how does it feel :mad:I wish Julien could do something about it.

Julien wrote:
CAF wrote:

don't thank me ... I haven't done anything yet ;)

(just arrived back home yesterday)

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :D

MisterStretch wrote:

I didn't realize that there were stereotypical thoughts about Moroccan women.  Being a Yank, I've probably heard the ones about American women, though.

I guess I don't get out as much as I should.  Or perhaps I get out just the right amount.

You know stereotypes are always going to be stereotypes, can be very unfair!!

CAF wrote:

Alisan - So sorry to hear about your issues!  I too get a bunch of unwanted emails and can't wait for the system changes that are coming. 

Thx for showing that I'm not the only one CAF! Appreciate it :)

Nelson17 wrote:

Put their details on a gay dating site as punishment, teach them to be stupid by giving out their mobile number

LOOOOOL good one Nelson!!

nonz wrote:

I'm sure he will as soon as he can, so no worries in the future hopefully :cool:

nonz wrote:

won't be very easy as I have to redesign/develop this feature but you can count on me, I'll be very creative ;)

Julien - We are all so grateful!  Thanks again for the time, effort and understanding!