Mothers Day Ideas

Hi,

This Sunday, May 11 is Mothers Appreciation Day,  :) . What's the best advice your mom ever gave you and what would be a great Mothers Day gift?

Hello OffersAfrica,

Welcome to Expat-Blogs................
I don't believe on this days like mothers day father day,because i don't want to specify a day in a year to whom i love everyday and every moment.........its just a another publicity for selling cards........for them, those who don't have any time for their parents.....so find a date and day just to say happy mother's day or happy father's day................

Regards,
Anil

That's true Anil. It's a holiday that has become too commercialized. But in my opinion, just like birthdays or Christmas, it's still a good gesture to appreciate such holidays despite their commercialization and high expectations set up. Making Mothers Day all about your mother does not mean you never appreciate her the rest of the other days of the year. It's simply a day to thank mom for being mom (same goes for father's day, etc). Don't they deserve it?

But my question is why only one day and what about other day..........when you specify one day means other days are not important.............just like festivals one day is specified but other days you can't greet for that..........and our mother and father are not a day of historic reason for festival......they are live and living being......why not everyday and every moment............

Just hug your mother and tell her how much you love her and take good care of her.
That will be enough to make everyday of her life a "Mother's Day" :)

I guess this day is just a reminder ,and how indebted we are to our respective parents ,for it was their upbringing, family values,and how they nurtured us and raised the person who we are today. I think mothers and fathers day should be celebrated every month ,so that we don't forget our roots and honour our parents for every single day.

I currently miss my mom right now and just want leave my city to go and hug her.Though she is always concerned of me and might be thinking of me at this very moment.I might never be able to repay for what she has done and  sacrificed for her children  :sosad:

Anita S Sharma wrote:

Just hug your mother and tell her how much you love her and take good care of her.

It touched me...........and infact very true......... :thanks:

aryavrat wrote:
Anita S Sharma wrote:

It touched me...........and infact very true......... :thanks:

Thanks Anil ! I think we don't have to find materialistic gifts to make our mothers happy , they just need and want our love and affection and specially when they are old and feel weak.

Mother's day gone... like my Mom did :(

mal wrote:

No mal you are wrong.........She is always there with you and for all of us our Mom's and Dad's are always with us so for me every day is their day................

mal wrote:

Hi Mal , mothers are never apart dear ! Close your eyes and feel her gentle touch.

@ Anita & Anil
Thank you!!!

Thanks everyone for your feedback. Mother's Day was special in our house, and my mum knows she is special everyday :)

Sorry Mal for your loss. You will always have your mum's memories and influence. All is well.

I am happy that now even OP is also accepted the line of everyday for mother..............and no need to mention it for any specific day...........everyday mother's day and father's day.............

You know mal you have make me remeber my sister's name when i was kid others used to call us Anita and Anil.....my elder sister's name is Anita.............
Thanks Mal.............

Regards,
Anil

aryavrat wrote:

You know mal you have make me remeber my sister's name when i was kid others used to call us Anita and Anil.....my elder sister's name is Anita.............
Thanks Mal.............

Regards,
Anil

Hi Anil ,
I have no problem you can call me didi :) and I am elder to you .

Ok Didi..........

Happy to have a new name , thanks  :)

I think i have told you this before also.........my elder sis name is same as yours..............

Yes Anil you told me and i think here on the blog all the members are like a family , a Global family  :)

India's new Prime Minister thanks his mother....  :top:

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Images/2014/5/b00bae3e-df98-4345-a76d-1783f259f597MediumRes.JPG

Succeed in your expat family project with advice from other expats

OR