How to survive the heat in Muscat

i am new to this alien climate,it seems like being baked in a huge oven,how to survive this climate? i need help before i perish here and packed and dispatched in a  coffin to my country.

its cruel when you are alone in such a weather,should i repent my decision of coming to middle east?

geez1 i hate bare barren mountains,they just add to the misery of being alone here.

thank god for the wonderful people of this country,

but alas! i wish i knew their language. i desperately need english or hindi speaking pals.

Hi Divine and welcome to Expat.com :)
I'll move your topic to Muscat's forum so that you get more visibility and maybe find some other expats to interact with!
Cheers
Arlette

Thanks Dear!

I've lived here for 2 years or so (this is my second Summer) and trust me, I can't get used to the heat. And having lived in Canada and Africa, I am so used to green - grass, trees, shrubs and flowers, so the drab bare mountains and sand are depressing at times. But you're right, the people are great here. The only suggestion to beat the heat is to stay away from it - indoors as much as possible, and just keep hydrated. I get thru 2 liters a day of water now. Even if I'm out 10 mins in the sun and heat, I'm done for that day. Sorry I can't offer more advice! But once the winter sets in, its a great place to be, and the mountains take a new life with wonderful hikes.

Thanks Dear! a lot of people has advised me the same,if it was just heat probably i could have managed,but the cocktail of heat and humidity is just too much to handle,i am just hoping that this is the worst time of the year and would soon be over,i wonder how local women manage with their,black abayas.men here are smarter to choose white for their robes...:)

Hi there

whats ur name I share the same thoughts, am Steve from Delhi India
my Id: [email protected]

do write me

Bye

Steven