Reg bringing my wife to saudi

hi,

I am Riyaz, got an offer from Riyadh with family status. My wife is non muslim. i heard that i cant bring my wife to saudi since she is non muslim because the employer wont provide visa for her. Kindly explain. I am having marriage certificate from india. Do they consider it???

Hi Triaz, welcome on Expat.com! :)

Of course your wife (if you are legally married as you say)could come even if she is non-muslim! I am a non-muslim and I have lived 8 years in KSA with my husband (also non-muslim) working for a Saudi company!

The only thing in Saudi is that certain categories of workers don't get permission to bring their families (maybe because their salary is not high enough (people, pls correct me if I'm wrong!?

All the best
FeeAcer

i agree. I have replied to your question in another post of yours.

triyaz786 wrote:

hi,

I am Riyaz, got an offer from Riyadh with family status. My wife is non muslim. i heard that i cant bring my wife to saudi since she is non muslim because the employer wont provide visa for her. Kindly explain. I am having marriage certificate from india. Do they consider it???

Someone is feeding you a load of beans.

Your wife can come with you, regardless of her (or your) religion, as long as all the paperwork is taken care of.

Don't listen to the gossip.  Contact your employer regarding this issue, then contact the nearest Saudi consul in your home country for their list of necessary paperwork and documents.

I know somebody who, when filling out the paperwork, listed her religion as 'Buddhist.'

When she got her visa, however, she was suddenly Christian :lol:

I listed myself as "None" the second time, after I realized I was automatically a Christian, the first time, according to them. They still listed me as a Christian.

I listed myself as Buddhist this last time, but forgot to look.

To Saudis the world is broken up into Muslims and Christians.

I am neither and dislike being assigned a religion.