Mendoza Vs BA

Hi everyone,
I'm thinking of spending 3-4 months (or as long as money allows) just living in either of these cities. During that time I want to immerse myself in Spanish and Argentinian life (rent an apartment with other people, go to Spanish classes, maybe do some work- I'm an English teacher).
I've been to BA but not to Mendoza. From the point of view, which one is better in terms of:
-Quality of life: where does your money go further? what is the average cost of living for rent, food and entertainment, as well as Spanish schools?
- What about things to do in Mendoza- is it an 'outdoor' town, or is it more urban? i come from Sydney, where we are used to beaches and the great outdoors

Thanks for your responses.
Ben

hey Ben,

Australians love Argentina.. so either way its going to be good for you. Anyway below are my answers to the best of my knowledge to your questions.

I'm thinking of spending 3-4 months (or as long as money allows) just living in either of these cities. During that time I want to immerse myself in Spanish and Argentinian life (rent an apartment with other people, go to Spanish classes, maybe do some work- I'm an English teacher).

Its easier to get work in BA.. but I some good contacts in Mendoza.. PM me..

I've been to BA but not to Mendoza. From the point of view, which one is better in terms of:

-Quality of life: where does your money go further? what is the average cost of living for rent, food and entertainment, as well as Spanish schools?

Mendoza:

Rent for 1 person in decent 1 bed apt: from 400USD pcm
Food and entertainment: 70-100USD pw
Spanish Schools : US150- 180 for 20 hours group according to a comparison and booking site CatchtheLingo.com

Buenos Aires:

Rent for 1 person in decent 1 bed apt: from 600USD pcm
Food and entertainment: 60-90USD pw
Spanish Schools : US110- 220 for 20 hours group according to that same site.

- What about things to do in Mendoza- is it an 'outdoor' town, or is it more urban?

Very much an outdoor town.. its near the andes!

i come from Sydney, where we are used to beaches and the great outdoors

You will like Mendoza.. but bear in mind its quite touristy