Job in India

Hello,

I'm Jeroen from Belgium. I traveled 2 years through India (2005-2007). After i did 2 years voluntary work (administration) for the Buddhist Publication Society in Sri Lanka.

Since this month (June 2010) I'm back in my home country (Belgium).

It has been my dream for a long time to live in India and do a job there. But unfortunately it seems that it is not an easy thing to get an employment visa for India.

I hope i can meet someone in this community who can help me.

I do not care much about the salary. Aany job will do. I'm ready even to do voluntary work. I like a simple life.

Best regards,

Jeroen

hey jeroen

hope u are doing good.well there are plenty of jobs here in bangalore as well. try out these sites naukri.com or clickjobs.com you may get a job to your liking

regards
dilip

Hi Jeroen,

Nice to read your message, and hear about the passion you have to come and work here. 

If you want to lead a simple life, try sriaurobindoashram.org/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auroville
Its a indigenous community in pondycherry in south India, mainly comprising of foreign nationals from across the world. They live here for a year or two working in farms, small jobs, or produce something with their skills etc.

People always think India is not an expensive country, its not as compared to the west. But, if you want to do the best of things whether restaurants, clubs, hotels, travel etc it costs as much as a good vacation in Europe. The major citizens will be Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore where you can see a lot of expats.

India is a country with 10 different worlds within, and it can cater to any kind of salaries, people live on 30 EUR a month, while for some even 10000/ month is not enough. There is no well defined standard. So as mentioned above, you will survive, but if you're the kind who wants to experience many things like travel, a lil bit of luxury ... then you need money.

It is not easy to get an employment visa, but not impossible. It depends on your papers first, then ensuring you are not taking away local jobs, and other factors like the company sponsoring you as well. So don't be scared to apply, but be sure all papers are in order.

On searching for jobs, there are many expat clubs in India. Google them (you're on one of the best one already), make some contacts, and look for jobs. Many companies in job portals look for Indian employees and may not work to get your visa. But here, these companies will go that extra mile as the need is specific.

Hope it works out for you!

Dear Dilip and Ray,

Thank you so much for your kind replies.  I really appreciate it. 

Someone told me the Indian government won't issue employment visa for jobs which can be done also by locals (indian).  So that means they only issue employment visa to foreigners for "big" jobs in big companies. 

These type of jobs are exactly what i'm not searching for. 

Now one of my Indian friends offered me a job as an English teacher in a small private school in small village in Rajastan.  I'm very interested in it.  But according to what i heard, they will never grant employment visa for that as there are enough unemployed English teachers.

So that's the whole problem.

Than of course i could try to apply for a "big" job in one of the main cities (Delhi, Kolkatta, Mumbai, Bangalore, ...) but than my life would be just like in Europe...

Don't know if you can get me.

Jeroen

I can help you get some good co. where if selected all the visa and documentation is done by client.
At first just give me your profile or resume to find suitable position for you.

revert to
[email protected]

yes

Marry an Indian girl and get your papers and you will be free to work :-)

u will also get tasty meals :-)