Sadara interview.

Hi Maidlar.

I must have been at the interview same time as you on that friday, i got an offer as Mechy trainer, think i was talking to you and another guy from Hartlepool, the three amigos eh?

Hi Everyone , got an offer last week for sadara and its all in progress now, going down for medical and visa in a couple of weeks , daunted like so many others on this life changing expirience,
No idea where they fly you to, just know its 2 weeks in a hotel initialy then a compound, dont know which one either , i go as Mechy Trainer any info would be great any clues about flight routing and compound .
Thanks for any advice ,

I am going in the same position and fky on the 23rd. You fly into Dammam via another airport depe nding on where in th UK you are flying from. You don't have to go into hotel, I arrive at 02.45 in the morning and go straight to Al Farooq compound. Its a men only batchelor compound in the north of new Jubail. One bed apartments but very nice.
Are you taking family or just going yourself?

Hi Stu
Thanks for the info, yes i will go on my own to start with then if it is possible my wife will come over a month later, still dont know what to expect work wise , i have been told we will train and work with the apprentices? as trainers, at the interview they knew i am a Mechanical technician , they must have liked my CV, i hope you get a bit of training to be a trainer?

Hi there my interview was last Sunday when in for outside op role came out with console op job , in same boat m8 this is something new for me but as another guy said fortune favour the brave are you from the pool like me , going to need as many friends as poss when we get out there , it certainly a head buster thinking what need to sort out but will be worth it .

Loads of people in the same situation on the facebook page "Sadara Expats"

Think it will take more than a month to get the wife out there after you get there and whilst we are talking about timelines now is a good time to start working on your patience. I was 5 months from signing the contract to getting the Visa! it will be worth the wait though.

What Plants are you guys going to? I am going to support the Isocyanate plants.

Hi Maildar. yes i am from the pool actually seaton carew on the front. will have to keep in touch with you yes we need al the friends we can get its a bit nerve racking for us and the wives,

I will keep you posted as i fin out, i am offshore at the moment get back on the 13th may so we should have a chat, are tou on linkedin?

Steve

Ye on linkdin , last night shift tonite then 18 off , clavering area

Ye on linkdin , last night shift tonite then 18 off , clavering area

Hi Stu , Thanks for that,i go for the medical on the 21st may and also to submitt the docs for our visas, how long after they go in did you get your visa? i told them i would be available from the 1st Jul, otherwise its another trip offshore.

Hi can anyone give some info regarding sadara medical please .

Medical is pretty simple in Harley street. Lay off the booze the week before for the kidney function test. You get a chest x-ray then you are away.

I had my medical in mid November and got my visa late in March, as I said be patient its not a very quick process with the amount of people they are putting through the system.

Ok thanks stu

Hi everybody!!!!

Any people from Spain?? I will enrole in SADARA in about two months, I am in Spain. I am requesting VISA Stamp, and after SADARA will issue the fly tickets.

Hello Dears.
Anyone knows about Sadara interviews lately?  I did one interview 2 days ago through skype with some kind gentleman from DOW, my question is If u r accepted how much time they take to inform you? I have other offers but I prefer sadara shall I wait them? How long?
Thanks

i also got the Skype i'view last week,told to wait for another Skype i'view....donot know it is for sure or not....but keep waiting

Hi there,
I want to apply in SADARA...Could anybody assist ?
I have a degree in mechanical engineering and 4 years experience in Saudi Arabia, Jubail industrial city.

Hi Everyone! Just new here. Glad to see all the posts trying to help everyone. I've got a question though. Got interviewed last June by a Manager from Sadara (American), was offered in the 2nd week of July And was told to wait for my visa. How long does it take to find a suitable visa for me then what are the next steps?

I would really appreciate response from you. =)

Cheers!

Raoul Jorge wrote:

Hi Everyone! I'm just new here. Glad to see all the posts trying to help everyone. I've got a Question though. Got interviewed last June by a Manager from Sadara (American), was offered on the 2nd week of July And was told to wait for my visa. How Long does it take to find a suitable visa for me, then what are the next steps? Can I hear also from those who are already deployed there, how are you holding up?

Hope somebody can help me. I would really appreciate response from you. =)

Cheers!

Large number of vacancies have come out for Sadara. This Link might be useful :)http://www.onlinehotjobs.com/2014/08/sa … tiple.html

Has anyone applied for a machinist position with Sadara?

Aparantley Fircroft interviews are taking place October 9-12 in London.

Where do the interviews take place?

STU, from what i have read i understand that you are the maintenance trainer for sadara. I have been selected for an interview via skype in the next few days and would like a heads up on anything relating to this. I'm a Boilermaker/ mechanical fitter currently living in perth western australia. I work in a copper mine here. I would appreciate it if you could possibly give me some details regarding the style and brand of pumps sadara use and how equipped the workshop is. Also STU is there much overtime on offer??

Steve not sure you realise what size this site is. There are 27 plants across a site that is 6km square. Types of pumps are varied and most are covered somewhere on the site. Workshops are not built yet, each plant area will have their own workshop as well as a big central one. Training department consists of over 50 trainers, I am one of the Senior trainers that will look aftetr certain areas when things are up and running but at the moment we are still building the place!
Overtime will be available for commisioning and start up but rate is not fantastic. Salary and conditions are decent though. With regard heads up for interview the normal is to talk through your CV. If they offer you a job take into account the allowances wont be there if they provide accomodation etc just the base and overbase salary then bonuses.

Cheers for the prompt reply STU, Just watched the video on sadara and understand what you mean by size of the place. Is completion still on track for 2015?

First plants on line yes, completion no.

Right guys, looks like I've been selected for an interview in the UK, October 17-20th.

I've not done an interview for about 20 years, surely its not shirt and pants for a machinists position?

On the other hand I'm not daft enough to turn up in shorts and flip flops.

I was selected too for interview in London, but i'm still waiting for exact date.
Any advice for this workshop? What should i'll expect?

alex73ita wrote:

I was selected too for interview in London, but i'm still waiting for exact date.
Any advice for this workshop? What should i'll expect?

There now taking place in Newcastle.

I had a skype interview beginning of September and I accept their second offer just waiting now for medicals and visas. Has any of you opted out of the Sadara accommodation? Oh by the way electrical and a Geordie. No doubt there will be banter with the smoggie counterparts

Can anyone give me an insight into the Sadara interview, preferably for a trainer? Supposed to attend one soon not sure what to expect.  Anyone care to share there experience.

kenben wrote:

Can anyone give me an insight into the Sadara interview, preferably for a trainer? Supposed to attend one soon not sure what to expect.  Anyone care to share there experience.

Alright mate, where is your interview taking place and when?

Just like any other you need to sell yourself and as long as you know your trade you'll be ok.
I find honesty is the best policy if you don't know the answer be truthful

They are taking place in the North East (England) next week i think (still waiting confirmation). Some say it's just a walk through of your CV rather than a technical interview. I've also heard about a workshop??

Can anyone shed any light?

kenben wrote:

They are taking place in the North East (England) next week i think (still waiting confirmation). Some say it's just a walk through of your CV rather than a technical interview. I've also heard about a workshop??

Can anyone shed any light?

Alright Ken,
I haven't heard anything about a workshop.
Aparantley they are taking place in Newcastle   Oct 17-20th. Also still waiting on confirmation from fircroft.

No one had interview with Hays in London in the next days?
I'm still waiting for dates and infos for reimbursement...

Finally, the interviews are confirmed.
Jury's hotel in Newcastle.

Does anyone else have an interview?

longstebe wrote:

Finally, the interviews are confirmed.
Jury's hotel in Newcastle.

Does anyone else have an interview?

fircroft?

I got one at the fircroft office this Saturday

Good luck
I've got my medical on the 20th.......plenty time to leave the drink alone ha!

My confirmation letter says the interview is scheduled for 30 mins after the presentation, doesn't seem long for an interview? Can anyone confirm this? Also, can you refer to your CV at the interview as its a walk through of it, or is it from memory.