Deployment procedures at Security Forces Hospital-Makkah

Salam Alaikum

Lina, how are things in Makkah? Is it as you expected? Any comments or suggestions for those who will follow you in a few months. Keep us updated. Aqeeldoc

aqeeldoc wrote:

Salam Alaikum

Lina, how are things in Makkah? Is it as you expected? Any comments or suggestions for those who will follow you in a few months. Keep us updated. Aqeeldoc

All's well alhamdulillah. So busy now as my unit will open in 2 wks time inshaAllah. The hospital is ok, few units are still closed and under renovation. But the operations for other units is working perfectly. OR is getting busy alhamdulillah, temporarily im working with them as im preparing the day surgery. What specialty are you by the way?

nessa2828 wrote:

Assalamualaykum! a new blogger here... just want to ask if this hospital is still hiring for nurses?? are they accepting walk in applicants?? or is their any email directly from HR i can submit my CV?

thank you :)

Wa alaykum salam. The hospital is continuously hiring staff. I was employed through an agent in the Philippines. Im not sure how's it being done in your country. Just try to visit their website and inquire for recruitment process. Goodluck!

I will be joining as a consultant paediatrician.
How long did it take after you got your visa authorisation letter to being ready to fly out. I know this differs country to country, but just asking for an idea.

aqeeldoc wrote:

I will be joining as a consultant paediatrician.
How long did it take after you got your visa authorisation letter to being ready to fly out. I know this differs country to country, but just asking for an idea.

As I remember, my visa and attested contract came out last week of may. they started processing my papers in february, then everything was finalized right after ramadan, alhamdulillah...

The pediatric unit just newly opened...

asalamu alaykaum.. i would like to ask if somebody out here is still waiting or have been already deployed in sfh makkah. i was interviewed and passed. last feb. till now waiting for deployment. i am quite confused already. since it took me a long time. I am an ex saudi and it didn't take a long time for me to be deployed not like this. i am patiently waiting.

Asalamualaykum. Maam lina how is life there? I would like to ask regarding the hospitals NICU unit? If is it still not open? I was hired as a nicu nurse. Have already the visa but till now i don't have booking. It's been quite a long time waiting.

amirah1863 wrote:

Asalamualaykum. Maam lina how is life there? I would like to ask regarding the hospitals NICU unit? If is it still not open? I was hired as a nicu nurse. Have already the visa but till now i don't have booking. It's been quite a long time waiting.

Wa alaykum salam. All's well alhamdulillah. As of now, the nicu is not yet open, inshaAllah soon. Still undergoing some renovations. My advice, it would be beneficial if you could work in a hospital to update your skills while waiting for your papers. Take BLS, ACLS, PALS from accredited AHA center; review your medication calculations and principles. Wishing you all the best.

Shukran kater for the information maam Lina. My NRP and BLS are still valid and I took it in Riyadh. As of now I am reading and reviewing for the medications. InshaAllah We could met each other in the Hospital. Would it be beneficial of i could have an IV therapy certificate maam Lina?

amirah1863 wrote:

Shukran kater for the information maam Lina. My NRP and BLS are still valid and I took it in Riyadh. As of now I am reading and reviewing for the medications. InshaAllah We could met each other in the Hospital. Would it be beneficial of i could have an IV therapy certificate maam Lina?

Yes... review your general nursing competencies too. Looking forward to meeting you soon

Salam.. InshaAllah.. Thank you Maam Lina..  :)

Assalamualaikum everyone
I am selected for this hosp as registrar in surgery
Is anybody here from surgery dept
aqeeldoc are u in makkah now
Sis lina did you get the info on the schools nearby. Pls reply.
I was selected in Feb and visa is in processing still

drindian wrote:

Assalamualaikum everyone
I am selected for this hosp as registrar in surgery
Is anybody here from surgery dept
aqeeldoc are u in makkah now
Sis lina did you get the info on the schools nearby. Pls reply.
I was selected in Feb and visa is in processing still

Not yet in Makkah. Document attestation ongoing. Then will apply for visa after Eid most probably inshallah. Hope to be there by end Oct inshallah.

Dont worry drindian - I had been offered post in Dec 2013!

There is a CBSE school called Al Faisal International School in Makkah. I think in Aziziya

Thank you aqeeldoc for the info.
My attestation process is over and the agent says visa stamping process is on.

Salam.. I am also waiting for flight schedule for security forces makkah. As nurse. My agency said we are seven people who are waiting for the flight sched, visa already done. We were also interviewed last feb.this year. I don't know why it takes quite long for us to be deployed. Inshaallah we will be deployed in makkah.

Is the school on the compound?

I don't think so.
Al faisa is in aziziyah  roughly 5 kms from sfh
Al suroor I think is near sfh but not in campus
Pls update me if possible

Assalamualaikum one and all.
My visa is ready it seems family and kids visa in processing.
May have to go around last week of October
In Sha Allah.
Any updates from anyone...aqeeldoc?

HAJ SEASON MEANS MY CERTIFICATE ATTESTATION STILL IN PROCESS...

trust me inshaa Allaah, it will all be worth it in just a bit

A bit of hardship u mean

rareshine wrote:

trust me inshaa Allaah, it will all be worth it in just a bit

Dear Rareshine
Salam alaikum. I am patiently waiting al-hamduillah. I see you have been to quite a few countries previously. Are you in Makkah or Jeddah? I hear living in Makkah is more difficult than other places like Jeddah... tough people I hear...not sure why but I keep hearing... any comments?

Wa alaykum as salaam. I'm in Ta'if specifically. My only experience in Makkah is with the police/ military/security of the Haram - and while some of them are rough and rude - others are gentle and understanding. Whatever you encounter from the people, its worth being that close to the haram.

The military and government personnel  is treated well here and they have benefits like I've never seen anywhere!  Since that's the body you will work with the most, I think you shouldn't have a difficult time.

:) ASSLAM U ALEKUM,
I am DR NAUMAN MA SIDDIQUI RECEIVED OFFER FOR REGISTRAR MEDICINE/ CARDIOLOGY AT SECURITY forces HOSPITAL MECCA. I have passed my FCPS in CARDIOLOGY in 2012. I am still in process of hiring. Could anybody from the hospital tell me regarding about accomodations, food , working hours, duties,  children education and recreation places in the hospital. My company is SHAMCO INTERNATIONAL.

Thanking you

most of this has already been discussed in the replies, you should read through the posts

naumanmatloob wrote:

:) ASSLAM U ALEKUM,
I am DR NAUMAN MA SIDDIQUI RECEIVED OFFER FOR REGISTRAR MEDICINE/ CARDIOLOGY AT SECURITY forces HOSPITAL MECCA. I have passed my FCPS in CARDIOLOGY in 2012. I am still in process of hiring. Could anybody from the hospital tell me regarding about accomodations, food , working hours, duties,  children education and recreation places in the hospital. My company is SHAMCO INTERNATIONAL.

Thanking you

Assalamulaikum..
Dear Maam Lina..
I woukd like to ask regarding sfh, Nicu department particularly. If is it sill on renovation? I am quite worried already since it took so long for our deployment. I am thinking I would withdraw all my documents. I do hope you could update me with what is going on in that unit? Shukran kater.

amirah1863 wrote:

Assalamulaikum..
Dear Maam Lina..
I woukd like to ask regarding sfh, Nicu department particularly. If is it sill on renovation? I am quite worried already since it took so long for our deployment. I am thinking I would withdraw all my documents. I do hope you could update me with what is going on in that unit? Shukran kater.

The unit will open anytime soon as the ob-gyne is about to open. more staff arrived just now to fill in the unit. the staff for now are being trained in other hospital. I understand the long wait but it's up to you. my advise, take into consideration all the processing you've been to. I think all the waiting will pay off, just more sabr.

Thank u maam Lina for the advice.. I will just wait. Inshaallah it will come.

Salamualaikum,
Are there still waiting for deployment in sfh makkah? I just want to know all your status for deployment, as for me, i am still waiting for visa stamping since my agency said, they tried to stamp for my visa and for the third time the embassy rejected it, and they are communicating for sfh, as per sfh makkah, they would issue new visa. I am hoping and praying that inshaallah i will be deployed in makkah the soonest since i've been waiting for quite long already. How about you all? What is the status of your deployment?i do hope i could hear from anybody of u. Shukran kater.

Walekum assalam
I am still waiting for my family visa for stamping by MOFA
My visa is done 47 days ago and will expire on Dec 22. Hoping to get things cleared before that Insha Allah.
What about others?

I have got my visa alhamdulillah. Im leaving tonight inshallah.
I hear NICU will only open mid December.
What is MOFA?

ministry of foreign affairs -

Salam mualaikum, good to hear from you all about your status, i was thinking Nicu is already open, so far in the agency we are only 2 people who weren't deploy yet. Inshaallah we could met each other in makkah soon.

Hope you are in makkah aqeeldoc
Pls update reg your experience in makkah
about hosp ,city , haram and others

Salam to everyone. Sorry i've been busy running my unit and all's well alhamdulillah. In 2 months time, we've catered 100 cases from gs, ent, ophtha, dental, uro, vascular, ortho, and each day it's getting more busier. Looking forward to meeting you @aqeeldoc, just pass by day surgery unit at the 1st floor near dialysis unit  when you have time. to the rest, just more sabr. i've waited for 7mos before coming here but here i am enjoying my closeness to holy kaaba, alhamdulillah.

Salam Alaikum.
I finally arrived in Makkah on Wed 12 Nov.
2 and half days later - i have no complaints. Everyone from immigration officers, hospital staff etc have been great al-hamdulillah

I have been put up in their accomodation in Batha Qureish - in a building called Al Sumo Hotel (used to be hotel before) Accomodation is good, but I wont compare it to UK. On the positive side, I will not find such big rooms in the UK. It has some basic furniture and kitchen appliances. But no iron, microwave, cutlery, small kitchen items etc... i have had a few trips to Bin Dawood. There is a moving allowance given in cash on day 1 - so that should cover the costs. Moving allowance ranges from SR 1000-2000 as per contract.

@Indian - get some bedsheets and pillow covers - you will definitely want to change the ones provided - and at least Bin Dawood and those near the haram are charging an exhorbitant rate - about 4 times I would pay in UK at 70% of its quality!

A restaurant is close by. I havent been to it yet. Lots of Indian drs and filipino nurses in the building, So lots of friends to make. Unfotunately nobody uses the masjid on 1st floor and the real masjid is a 10 min walk away. I will not attempt the walk at least for Zuhr!
Free WiFi is only available in the lobby (which is very very good - like a hotel) and mobile internet does not seem to penetrate the walls in the rooms

Hospital is good. New. @Lina has been busy, but compared to Indian and UK hospitals looks pretty empty. May Allah keep it that way for the health of the Makkans and our stress levels!!!

You will like it here. Most importantly we are in the haram. DO NOT COMPLAIN / MOAN (I was only mentioning facts above - not complaining)

If you are pleased with what Allah has bestowed on you, you will be happy and it will show in your face and attitude - and people will like you - as people like to be around happy people not grumpy ones - and I have seen many such expats and naturally prefer to avoid them -

BUT more importantly remember this verse always:
Surah Ibrahim verse 7
"And [remember] when your Lord proclaimed, 'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]; but if you deny, indeed, My punishment is severe.' "

Salam

i will be joining the hospital pretty soon iA.

@aqeeldoc:
1- Wanted to ask given the fact that Wi-Fi is available only in hospital lobby only, is the My-fi device a good option for internet usage?

2- Is this going to be the permanent accomodation for doctors or is there any plan to move to another accomodation?

3- Does AlSumo provide transportation to haram? How far is it? and is this transportation available round the clock?

4- Which electrical appliances would i have to bring on my own? As i understand i'll have to arrange my own microwave, iron, right? What about fridge & washing machine? Cutlery has to be our own too, isnt it?

5- What exactly are the strandard working hours? 8am - 5pm?

Sorry for the long list of queries. Would be really obliged if you could respond.

JazakumAllahu khyran

@ESS JAY

1. Wifi only in the lobby. Yes MiFi works. I have bought a router from Mobily and so I now have internet access indoors.

2. This is the 'permanent' accomodation. There is another accomodation in Al-Awali which is also supposed to be of good quality but they have limited rooms. You will have to come and see where they put you. Most doctors, unless single, live at Al-Sumo. Nurses are equally distributed between both sites. But if you are a doctor you are eligible for a generous housing allowance if you move out. It is financially more rewarding but many drs still stay at Al-Sumo a year on due to lack of good housing choices in Makkah. But it is improving.

3. Al-Sumo is no more a hotel. It is fully owned and operated as staff accomodation by the hospital. So there is regular transport to and from the hospital (about 10 mins by their bus) - which most staff take to work everyday.
But there is no transport to haram. Transport is by taxi - 15-20 SR one way. 10 mins drive. Or else jump in the many cars that go to haram from Al-Sumo. I am more than happy to give you a ride.

4. There is a huge fridge, quite a big electric oven/grill/hotplates and a semi-automatic washing machine. There is laundry about 5 mins walk away who will wash and iron your shirt for only SR 2. If you have enough clothes, he will do collection and delivery. So I now rarely use the washing machine. Yes Microwave, cutlery and utensils are your own.

5. Working times 8am-5pm. Are you a doctor? until recently doctors who did on-call duties as part of their roster (nights/weekends) would finish work by 4pm (when not oncall) Recently they have changed the time to 5pm... it looks like many have chosen to ignore the memorandum....

6. Welcome to Makkah.

@aqeeldoc

JazakAllahu khyran for the prompt reply. It really helped alhmdulilah to have a better picture of things on ground.

Any idea how is the Al-Awaali accomodation different from Al-sumo? Pros & cons of each one? Do we decide where to move in or is it decided by the housing department?

Yes i am an MD, hoping to join in Jan iA. Looking forward to being close to the holy haram!

im on my way to take an offer to go there, still new and i do hope that friends here can help me to know about that hospital..madam lina is NICU UNIT open or still undergoing renovation.