New Expat Wife - No Children

I have just started a blog (today!) in hopes of connecting with other expat wives who do not have children.   I think it is easier to network and make friends when you have children, but my husband and I are not planning on having any.  Any others of you in the same situation out there??

edit : the address is not valid

Welcome newexpatwife,

you should add your blog's address in your profile (personal). This way we'll see it in all your posts ;)

Take care,

Julien

I tried your link but it did not work!

I've sent her an email, I didn't work with me neither.

Newexpatwife, have you ever heard about the AWC? You're in sweden, aren't you?
check this address:  http://awcstockholm.org/;)

Thanks Julien.  I am a member of AWC Malmö but I find that most of the members are women who have married Swedes.  That is not my situation so I find it difficult to connect with that group sometimes.  Thanks for thinking of me though!!

Welcome Hillary!

Which courses would you like to take?

I am a bit curious ... how many countries have you been living in?

I hope you'll make new friends here ;)

Take care,

Julien

Hi there,

I do understand, I have no idea how to make friends outside of work!!  I'm living in Barcelona and VERY slowly learninig Spanish.  I'd love to figure out how to meet people here and feel at home, I've been here 6 months and only know people from work(all guys).

Jaime

Hi Jaime,

do you take spanish/catalan lessons? That could help a lot to meet other expatriates I think.

Take care,

Julien

Julien wrote:

do you take spanish/catalan lessons? That could help a lot to meet other expatriates I think.

Hi, yes I take spanish class twice a week in the evenings, and I do meet people but often people are only here for a few weeks.  There are other wives of the guys at work that I see often and should make friends with.

Jaime.

Meet other expats and join the events

OR