Relocating from Saudi Arabia to Bahrain

Dears,
I live in Saudi Arabia for almost 7 years and I am in the final step with a new employer in Bahrain. I have some questions:
1- I am reluctant to relocate as I see Bahrain is not a stable country and business can fall any time due to the state of unrest and the turmoil in addition to the lack of resources there and I hear that many companies are leaving Bahrain now, is this right?
2- I get SAR 20.000 monthly salary + tickets and medical insurance for self and family, how much I shall ask for in Bahrain?
3- I pay SR 12000 for my kid in an international school including bus in Riyadh (American Curriculum), how much I will pay for the same in Bahrain (Grade 4)?
4- I live in a 3 bedroom apartment in "Sulaimaniya" (center of Riyadh and very good area) and pay monthly SR 3000, what is the rate of a 2 bedroom apartment in a good and safe area ?

Hi

I suggest you look on the school websites for pricing and availability

I suggest you look on Bahrain Property World for housing

Employment here is on the rise and lots of companies that left in 2011 are all moving back.

Ask for what you are getting now. Why move for less.

Why not get a visa and come have a look around before you decide for sure. It's not like we are on the other side of the world or anything!!

Hi

There are lots and lots of posts on here already about cost of living which you should read and if there are still specific questions, then please ask.

Much of what you hear about Bahrain is media influenced.  It really is not that bad.  Most people would be more reluctant to move to Saudi than to Bahrain!!!

However, if you are very reluctant already, I would suggest you don't move.  It seems you don't really want to move here so perhaps you should follow your true feelings and stay where you are.

thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it.

Actually my concern is that I am going to work in a company that provide services, so it depends on the presence of other companies. I am willing to stay long time in Bahrain as I don't like to jump from one place to another every now and then. Saudi Arabia is not a good place form many, but construction division is booming all over the country, there are huge surplus that are translated into mega projects which means more stability and many opportunities.

I really want to relocate to Bahrain, but need an advice about the state of the business market from someone who is working there. I talked to someone through one of my friends (as I don't know anybody in Bahrain myself), and he gave me a very negative feedback, that's why I was shocked and I am trying to get other opinions.

I am coming this March myself. Thanks for the feedback.

Why don't you work in Saudi and live in Bahrain then? Best of both worlds

My work is in Riyadh. If it was in Dammam or Khobar I think it would be more practical

I am working in Saudi and live in Bahrain .There is no comparison-in my opinion- between Saudi and Bahrain . Bahrain is a lovely place and much nicer life .Daily,I am wasting like a couple of hours on the causeway but still enjoying my weekend.  :D