Work in Jkt

Hello there.

I would like to find out the possibilities of being abe to work in Jkt. My husband & I have recently moved here & he has a job with a proper working visa. Now, my question is .. Are wives allowed to work? I keep hearing different stories. Is it possible to work & acquire a separate working permit/visa? What are the stipulations & rules /laws regarding this?

Any information regarding this matter would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Mina

If you wish to work in Indonesia you need to find a job which you are qualified for and also have the employer, sponsor you and ensure they get you the correct working visa. You have to have your own working visa to be allowed to work here legally.

Yes, that's 1 of the stories I've been told. I do have my qualifications/certifications with me so I take it, all I need to do is submit it to the/my future employer(s) then they will take care of the visa, etc.

The other story is, apparently my husband's working visa needs to be cancelled......which doesn't make any sense at all. I just need some clarifications...

Thanks a lot. Will definitely explore my options...

Cheers...

This is a great place to go for more information

http://www.expat.or.id

There is no reason to cancel a work permit unless the job has changed or the employment is terminated.