Childcare in Riyadh

Dear all
I'm new to the blog, so excuse me if I make any mistakes or ask questions which have been answered before.
My husband is going to start working in Riyadh from September as a teacher and we are going with our two sons. Our older son will be 5 and will be going to school there. Our younger will be 2 in September. I was offered the possibility of working too but was wondering what options of childcare are available there and how affordable are they?
We are reading a lot about life in Saudi Arabia and so far we are very excited with this opportunity. Really looking forward to it.
We are currently living in the UK, but I come originally from Brazil and my husband from South Africa.
Hope to have a good experience with the blog too! :)

I'm moving your topic to Riyadh forum! I'm sure you'll get quick response to it.

Oh and by the way, welcome on Expat.com!

Arlette

Hi Arleth
Thank you very much for your reply and for re-routing my post. Looking forward to participating more in the forum.

Boa tarde, amiga.  Como vai?

There are several different options for childcare, including hiring your own full-time person.

Stay-at-home mothers, in your living compound might be a help.  Surely other mothers in your compound can help you locate care if they use it themselves.

Boa Sorte!

Tchau!

Boa tarde! Nice to read some Portuguese! Are you Brazilian?
As I won't be working as soon as I get there, I'll then have time to find out with other mums. Just want to have an idea what to expect :)
Muito obrigada!!! Tchau

have sent you my wife Shirani's contacts on PM. She may be able to assist. Call or email her.

Hi Papajeriumun,

Welcome to the forum!  Many people here have their own live-in nannies/maids.  They can be had very cheaply.

Thank you all for the messages. I've been busy planning our move since we are leaving the UK in July as we're spending the summer holidays in South Africa before going to Riyadh, so it's been really comforting reading good things on the expatblog about Saudi Arabia! Cheers to all, Dali

papajerimun wrote:

Nao.  Sou Americano.

I am Brasilian only in spirit.  I've lived in Recife three times and would still be there if there was a way to make a reasonable living.  Alas.

Good luck on your move.  One thing is sure, it will be a lot drier here than where you are now.

Ate logo

MisterStretch wrote:

papajerimun wrote:

Nao.  Sou Americano.

I am Brasilian only in spirit.  I've lived in Recife
Ate logo

Eu sou de Natal, perto de Recife!
That's for sure, I'm sure it'll be drier there. I can't wait for that, though. Been in grey England for a long while now :)
Até logo e obrigada!

Child care means caring for and supervising a child or children, usually from newborn to age thirteen. Child care is a broad topic covering a wide spectrum of contexts, activities, social and cultural conventions, and institutions.
http://www.parentalchoice.co.uk/childca … ild-minder