ANything you want to know about UAE? You ca ask me

I'm from Dubai, UAE born and raised.... So please take advise from people who know better.

It's best to check government websites before coming to a country and know all the rulessss!!!

If you are among the 32-36 countries UK Citizens included, you can enter UAE and have your visit visa upon ARRIVAL and wont need and agency or anyone to sponsor you. DON'T PAY PEOPLE FOR YOUR VISA!

These are government websites:

Please check here.
dubaifaqs.com/visa-arrival-dubai-free-nationalities.php

If you are not of the 32 countries who has this benefit then you'll need someone related to you to sponsor you or have a company here sponsor your visit visa.

Ministry of labour
http://www.mol.gov.ae/newmolgateway/eng … index.aspx

Foreign Affairs:
dnrd.ae/en/Services/ServicesGuide/Pages/VisitorPage.aspx?AudianceID=2

THE MEDICAL TEST
Seriously Try and NOT do any kind of drugs or even for a second think you can get away with bringing drugs.

You should also know about the health care facts and you should get yourself checked before entering the country and is willing to work here. If you have TB, Hepatitis everything, AIDS and what not. If you fail the medical test you will be sent back to your country
dubaifaqs.com/medical-test-dubai.php

If you need a job or to find a place to stay?
here is one of the top websites in UAE thousands of companies and people use
dubizzle.com

Please get your certificates especially your highschool diploma, bachelors ect degrees attested. You can also do that here in the UAE as well.

These are the expenses, procedures of different kinds of processes in the labour department. I just linked one that goes to a page where the Employment visas process are explained. There are lots of information there regarding so many procedures so please find the drop down box "im looking for" and skim through it.
http://www.visaprocess.ae/details.php?p … yment_visa

This is a very popular furom for expats in UAE it's not only for ladies but there are a lot of information there that will help you have a good idea on what UAE is about. A lot of people use this site here locally and there is a lot you can learn about. Esp new comers.
expatwoman.com

These are links to local newspapers.
gulfnews.com/

7daysindubai.com/

emirates247.com/

An idea of how you can plan a lifestyle here on a daily basis.
www.timeoutdubai.com

These are the LABOUR LAWS
dubaifaqs.com/labour-law-uae.php

This will sort of help in a sense where you get an idea of the culture here. this is posted by one of our expatblog members.
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=36463

I REALLY DONT WANT PEOPLE TO HAVE A HARD TIME COMING HERE! I'VE SEEN THIS HAPPEN OVER THE YEARS AND RECENTLY A CO WORKER THAT HAD TO BE SENT BACK BECAUSE OF A FAILED MEDICAL TEST. I really truly feel for people who take the risk in moving to a new country.

ohh typos.. I always have em

Wow...One of the best posts I have seen in the UAE forum.  Good info, well organised and links too.  Bravo!!...

Thank You, JadieOThree.

Peace and Blessings.

:up:

JadieOThree wrote:

I'm from Dubai, UAE born and raised.... So please take advise from people who know better.

It's best to check government websites before coming to a country and know all the rulessss!!!  these are government websites:

If you are among the 32-36 countries UK Citizens included, you can enter UAE and have your visit visa upon ARRIVAL and wont need and agency or anyone to sponsor you. DON'T PAY PEOPLE FOR YOUR VISA!

Please check here.
dubaifaqs.com/visa-arrival-dubai-free-nationalities.php

If you are not of the 32 countries who has this benefit then you'll need someone related to you to sponsor you or have a company here sponsor your visit visa.

Ministry of labour
http://www.mol.gov.ae/newmolgateway/eng … index.aspx

Foreign Affairs:
dnrd.ae/en/Services/ServicesGuide/Pages/VisitorPage.aspx?AudianceID=2

You should also know about the health care facts and you should get yourself checked before entering the country and is willing to work here.
dubaifaqs.com/medical-test-dubai.php

If you need a job or to find a place to stay?
here is one of the top websites in UAE thousands of companies and people use
dubizzle.com

This is a very popular furom for expats in UAE it's not only for ladies but there are a lot of information there that will help you have a good idea on what UAE is about. A lot of people use this site here locally and there is a lot you can learn about. Esp new comers.
expatwoman.com

These are links to local newspapers.
gulfnews.com/

7daysindubai.com/

emirates247.com/

These are the LABOUR LAWS
dubaifaqs.com/labour-law-uae.php

I REALLY DONT WANT PEOPLE TO HAVE A HARD TIME COMING HERE! I'VE SEEN THIS HAPPEN OVER THE YEARS AND RECENTLY A CO WORKER WHO HAD TO BE SENT BACK. I really truly feel for people who take the risk in moving to a new country.

Thanks its useful info  :thanks:

totally awesome so use full thanks alot

great insight

Hi Jadie,
I was offered a teaching position in Abu Dhabi paying 8700 plus accommodation, light n water. Is this a good offer for a single person? Would I be able to live off 2000 and possible save the rest?

If I wish to change my job towards the end of a year, am I allowed to apply to other schools while employed?

Thank you for replying!

How many cars are there in UAE :)