What are the luggage limits when traveling from the USA to Abu Dhabi

Hello All!!!
Can someone please give me some information on the weight and luggage sizes I will be able to take with me when I leave for Abu Dhabi? Its almost impossible to ship as I will not know where I will be working until I am physically there.

All help will be so greatly appreciated,

Thanks!
Barbara

ok well it depends on airline and witch class u will fly with, for my airline Etihad i think its almost 30 kg for Economy and 40 kg for Business.
you can call the airline u will fly with and ask them for extra info , have a safe trip :)

Usually across the Atlantic it is 2 pieces free checked-in baggage allowance, each piece weighing not more than 23 kg.    And the hand baggage would be 7 kg, plus a laptop. However, depending on the airlines, they may have their own variations on the principle.  The airline websites would normally specify the size of the baggage as well.
Do not understand your difficulty in sending personal effects by sea cargo.  Irrespective of where in Abudhabi you would be working, the goods have to land in Abudhabi port (or airport, if you choose to airfreight).

Hello and thank you for you reply.

The main problem is I just don't know WHERE i will be living/working and may not know for a few weeks. What I will most likely do is physically bring what I will need to survive clothing/personal items wise and have my daughter ship the rest once I am more settled.Its rough not knowing so much necessary information, but people do it and survive, so I guess I will too.

Thanks again and cross your finger for me that this goes as smoothly as possible.

Barbara (soon to be Abu Dhabi resident)

Hello and thank you for your reply.

I do not even know which airline I will be on, so, I will simply have to get a few weight averages and pack very conservatively. Once I am settled I can have my daughter ship any personal items I may want to have with me.

Thanks again!
Barbara