Plumber looking for job in port moresby

Hello forum members,
I am an Aussie; currently living in NZ. I have NZ plumbing/gasfitting licences, also trade lecturing experience. Have been looking and applying through different job sites for some kind of plumbing job but they seem to be scarce. Would it be more advantageous to come over on visitor visa and see if i could score something that way???
I am accustom to expat life as I have also spent time in Bahrain.
Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.
Brett

czsmith wrote:

Hello forum members,
I am an Aussie; currently living in NZ. I have NZ plumbing/gasfitting licences, also trade lecturing experience. Have been looking and applying through different job sites for some kind of plumbing job but they seem to be scarce. Would it be more advantageous to come over on visitor visa and see if i could score something that way???
I am accustom to expat life as I have also spent time in Bahrain.
Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.
Brett

There is no advantage in coming over to PNG to look for a job.
It is expensive to stay here
Not that safe to get around if you are a newbie.
You cannot apply for a job in country 

I take it you have tried www.seek.com.au 
Or Google expat plumbing jobs png 

I suggest you send your CV to expat companies who are in PNG. Fletchers are one who have work there.
There are also high rise and hotels going up in Moresby
Try Googling camp construction work or construction jobs png

There are headhunter companies who specialize in PNG so send out your CV to them.
Try the big mining companies there as they have large camps which need maintenance staff.

Good luck

Cheers stumpy, I appreciate your information.
Yes have tried the obvious seek etc but will have a go at the others you suggest
All the best

You could try Hawkins as they often have work in PNG.
Also I hear that Decmil , an Oz company,are to build a camp in Manus Island PNG so Google them and send in your CV.

If your interested let me know and ill supply some company for you to check up on.. cheers

cz smith

I was asked today if I knew of a plumber for work in PNG.
Cannot message you so email [email protected]  Brett Jones. He is a recruiter on Gold Coast.

Hi
Yes I am interested to get information on companies looking for plumbers in PNG area