PNG Working and Living

Hi ,

Need information regarding living and working in Port Moresby.

I have been offered a job in PM and not sure whether to take my family with me. My son is  3 do they have good pre schools in PM.

Thanks

Hi SENTHAN and welcome to Expat.com!

I wish you good luck.

Regards,
Harmonie.

POM has quite many families.  And they have international schools.  With that age, your family will have plenty of things to do. 

I'm in Lae, so I'm not as familiar with POM, but it's got a very large and social expat community.

Wendy

That's good news. I have accepted the job and will be moving to POM next month and planning bring  my family after few months.

Thank you for your information.

That's great!  If you travel to Lae, please let me know!

Wendy

Hi All,

I am planning to shift to POM shortly but a bit confused about the education of my 13 year daughter, are there any good schools available in POM
Will highly appreciate help.
Regards

Mate there's a school by the name of Ela Murry International School. Which has all expatriate teacher's from grade 1-8.I think the education standard is the same as NSW.. Most expatriates kids go there.. There's a high school too, Port Moresby International High School.. anything else just ask.

Thanks Rodney,
Till what grade/class is the High School and do expat kids go there. My daugter currently is in Grade 8 in her crrent school.
Thanks your help..this will make me take a decision
ake care

Not a problem, the high school has grade 7-12. Most expat kids go there plus the wealthy Papua New Guinean's kids. It's more like a private school.

If you need any other info just ask.

Cheer's

Thanks a lot Rodney,

It gives me confidence of going ahead and signing the offer letter.
Will keep troubling you incase I need more help.
Thanks Again
Take care

Hi Rodney,

Sorry to trouble you again, could you please tell me when do the session start for this school my daughter would seek admission in grade 09th.

Take care

Hi Gurgaon,

Term one starts at Jan 1st - April 1st. Term 2 starts April 11 - Jun 24. Term 3 starts July 18 - Sep 24. Term 4 starts at Oct 3 - Dec 7.  There a four terms in a year.

Anything else don't hesitate to ask mate.

Cheers.

Thanks Rodney, I think my daughter can take the 11th April term, I am still waiting for my offer letter lets see what happens.

Thanks for all the help.

Take care

Hi there,

I want help or any advise, I am afraid going to PNG. Do I need to accept the offer to work there? Is safe going there? Or how's the place or way of communication.

Hope I could hear anyone from here.

Thanks a lot!