Do ppl need NOCs these days?

We are hiring a driver and his kafeel has his passport.  Does anyone know if he has to have NOC these days with the extended amnesty that is going on ?   Can he just make a new passport and be done with his previous kafeel? He worked for him for 16 years and the person is asking for 5,000 SR and in exchange he will give passport and NOC.  Anything can be done?

i am not sure, but i was told, that family driver iqamas are non- transferrable......  just make sure that he can transfer sponsorship before paying them.....

myyams wrote:

We are hiring a driver and his kafeel has his passport.  Does anyone know if he has to have NOC these days with the extended amnesty that is going on ?   Can he just make a new passport and be done with his previous kafeel? He worked for him for 16 years and the person is asking for 5,000 SR and in exchange he will give passport and NOC.  Anything can be done?

NOC is not required in the period of amnesty so I hope it can be done without that as well, just need to visit Jawazat with this story and hopefully they will make the transfer without kafeel's permission as it happened in many cases.

j.echo I don't think this is right...because 2 of my friends just got their drivers from Saudi families. They gave NOC and didn't charge anything for their docs back, that we are aware of anyway. Maybe they took care of that themselves. Anyway, regardless, they got their iqamas transferred in a couple of days, no outrageous extra fees.

Is it easy to get a new passport for the person?

and.. is this current amnesty period for anyone even if they are a brand new case?

myyams wrote:

Is it easy to get a new passport for the person?

Depends on the country he belongs

An NOC (no objection certificate ) is not required any longer, previously this was used when leaving the country and while coming back. If you are talking about tanazil (release) yes this is required. As @j.echo said private drivers are not transferable, it was however during the amnesty period. Now its not possible.

As to query of new passport- depends on the reason and country of origin.

myyams wrote:

NOC is not required... he just can take an exit and come on a new visa.. making of a new passport is not an option because his bio metric details are already in the system.. He cannot escape from this..

I suggest he part with his "Sponsor" "Employer" in a diplomatic & peaceful way because even if he stamps and exit and takes up enmity with the driver, he can blacklist him and this will be problematic for his return.. Even an NOC will not work in this case..

since the Sponsor is clear with his views on releasing him, then either you can bargain for a lesser amount or sort it out with him diplomatically..

All the best !!

good for your friends, .....

I thought the amnesty was over in November?.....

I do not know the nationality of your new driver-to be.... but if he is a Filipino, he will need to present his old passport, to get a new one,

good luck...

thank you everyone for your information and advice, much appreciated.  I will be glad when we get done with all of these processes.