Few requests to keep this site a joy to navigate & not cumbersome work

1. Just like a google page has an option at the bottom between "classic/mobile",
could you also please provide the same?
(For those who loved the old style or ets say more used to that style)

2. I don't get an option to be able to enlarge the typed matter in the new mobile version & its realy small..

3. When one goes to the Index for"forum topics", in this new version, the whole topic can not be seen, but rather only the 1st few words are seen- which s annoying as one has to guess & unnecessarily has to click on that just to see what the topic of the thread is..
(This takes up unnecessary time of a member, & takes the "joy" out of navigation of the site... frankly it kinda becomes ike "work"...)

Hope you are able to comprehend what I wrote in a positive spirit & do something about it.

Thanx.

Hi WarmFriend,

Thanks for your feedback.

1. There is only one version for both mobile and desktop. If I understand well, you want to go back to the old version, and sorry about that but it's not possible. I'm sure as you'll use this version you'll learn to use it and I hope you'll appreciate it.

2. I don't understand what you want to enlarge, could you be more specific please?

3. Is it topic's titles are too short on this page: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=11 ?

The aim of this new version is to allow users to navigate on Expat.com on any device without having to zoom in or out.

We will continue to improve this new version and your feedback is most welcomed.

Florent.

I just saw your post on another thread about deleting a post and view the entire topic title on adding a response using a mobile.

Indeed, it will be better to see the topic title on adding a response, we'll change that soon.

About deleting a post, it's an administrator privilege now, I have already removed your post for you.

Florent.

Florent wrote:

Hi WarmFriend,

Thanks for your feedback.

1. There is only one version for both mobile and desktop. If I understand well, you want to go back to the old version, and sorry about that but it's not possible. I'm sure as you'll use this version you'll learn to use it and I hope you'll appreciate it.

2. I don't understand what you want to enlarge, could you be more specific please?

3. Is it topic's titles are too short on this page: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=11 ?

The aim of this new version is to allow users to navigate on Expat.com on any device without having to zoom in or out.

We will continue to improve this new version and your feedback is most welcomed.

Florent.

Thanx Florent for your replies.

Refer [2] above,

When the site was in old format, during that time-

if I wanted to enlarge the charactors on the screen of my phone, I could do so for easy reading with larger font. & the thread/post would adjust itself so that nothing was outside my screen (on the left or right side of the screen)

All I had to do was scroll up or down.

Its not possible now. If your eyes are tired you can't enlarge it- you are stuck with small print on the screen.

---------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------

Plz refer [3] above,

When I go to ANY page where there's a " list "  of topics, then one is frustrated that not whole of the Title of the page can be seen. Its just first few words that can be seen.

Whereas eirlier verson you could read (i)  whole of the topic "heading" alongside (ii)  how many views the topic has had (this feature is also missing) & (iii) when was the last reply &  [by whome]. & (iv) as to who strated the discussion.

Hope you could comprehend me this time.

Florent wrote:

I just saw your post on another thread about deleting a post and view the entire topic title on adding a response using a mobile.

Indeed, it will be better to see the topic title on adding a response, we'll change that soon.

About deleting a post, it's an administrator privilege now, I have already removed your post for you.

Florent.

Ummm Florent you did'nt get what I tried to tell in that Post you favored me by deleting.

Let me try again-

I posted on that thread because the incomplete Title of the thread in the list of topics misguided me...

If in the list of topics I was able to read the full sentence, then I wouldn't have posted there.

Although I should have seen the full Title once I clicked on the page, I did'nt make effort to recheck what the full sentence said, but instead just went into post....

I am simply saying that full sentence of the topic/title should be visible in the "list of topics/discussions".

Thanx.

Hi WarmFriend,

1 - Number of views will come back soon
2 - We're now looking at how to show more than a few words in topic list on mobile version.

About point 3, we have to choose which information will be displayed on mobile as we do not have as much space as on desktop version therefore some secondary information will be missing on mobile version.

About point 2, what is your device? Normally the font size should adapt to all devices.

Am I missing something?

Florent

Hi WarmFriend,
We have now amended the list of topics in mobile format to display the whole title of the discussion, no matter how many lines that may take up.
We have also added the number of views and when was the last post on the mobile version. As my colleague Florent mentioned in a previous message, due to the space available, we had to remove few secondary data compared to the desktop version.

As for the issue (2), I tried to pinch in and out to read a discussion, and on my old htc, it took a couple of seconds to adjust and fit the screen, but i was able to enlarge the message and just scroll up and down to read the messages. Am i missing something here?

Thanks again for your feedback and hope that the new site is more familiar for you now.

Cheers.

Thanks Florent & Devo.

Devo you understood what I was trying to tell Florent . The thing is- I don't get that option in my EB page at bottom right to be able to enlarge the text. Whereas in other sites this option comes automaticaly to my screen. So how do I enlarge?

Something in the architecture of the page removes that option from my page.

Let me also inform you that such problem I have encountered in a few other sites that are trying to convert to mobile version. Some fixed the problem after a while & I stopped visiting the sites who did'nt fix the problem because the joy of surfing is taken out...

Further I am not tech-savvy as most are these days, so maybe I hold old technology in my hand... mine is Xperia X10  (not dual  core & not updated)

But still I am able to get the option of zooming in & out on all good sites even when the sites shifted to mobile version recently (like you have) & most had this problem in the beginning & fixed later.

Thanx.

Succeed in your expat family project with advice from other expats

OR