Customer service moments

I bought a few things from Xtra the other day and the cashier wanted my name, phone number, email address etc.  I told him I am not giving that information. I refused and he said he needed this information.  He said it's to help serve me better and showed me the sign stating so. Then said, we can start with your name..!   I told him if he wants to serve me better to please let me check out and get going. He was so mad!!!!   O M G  he threw my receipt down on the counter with such an attitude and didn't even give me a bag. I was carrying individual items in my arms to the check out. He needs some xanax.

A few weeks ago I bought a mini chopper to puree some baby foods and when I opened the box there was NO blade. The whole center thing was missing. So immediately the next day I took it back with receipt and told the guy the blade is missing. He told me I am blind!!  I said WHAT?!   He repeated it three times. I kid you not.  I said so what does that make you??  Because there is no blade. He ended up exchanging it though.

My list goes on and on. Every time I step outside for shopping I get defective things, things that break after a few days etc.  I bought this cappucino maker and it build up so much steam that it exploded on me like how a pressure cooker does.  Coffee grounds went everywhere, a big blast sound came, and I have scalded skin. Who do I sue? ROFL 

Anyway, what do you guys experience or is this my luck?

@ myyams...

You really got a a bad customer service rep. at Xtra.. I too had a worse time with them.. which is why i stopped buying things from Xtra.. Problem with them is their after sales service.. Firstly their invoice print just disappears even before the product warranty.. So how in the world can i show them the Sales invoice.. Secondly.. they only entertain your complain if the product has a fault within a week.. If later, they advice you to approach the dealer.. (Where ever the dealer may be located, you've to transport the product to that corner at your own cost.)

Which is why better to get the stuff from the dealer itself rather than Xtra..

As for the other items, I suppose your luck..  ;)

Nah that's just SOP for SA.

(SOP = Standard Operating Procedure)

Or maybe, she's blonde?  :D

Nahh...just kiddin' ...better check the stuffs you are buying immediately after buying them...

Well Extra is really Extra, you can find plenty of people complining about their bad attitude and honestly they have B-Grade things in their store and Z-Grade attitude(I wish I could go more down than Z-Grade) Hardly you get a good attendent to tell you about the item specification and to guide you in a proper way. I myself went to Extra I think one year ago. For mobiles and computers/laptop its much better to go on Jarrir and for other electrical items as mentioned by (atomicwarlord) better to go to their dealer and there is not a muchhh difference in the price.

I was in Jarir Bookstore and they were very kind. I was also planning to go Xtra, not sure after this post :-)

Jarir is really good at their customer service..

@ sth7876.. you are right.. There are now consultants at Xtra for promoting their own products.. Which is why you do not get the attention of the other sales person if you want to buy some other thing..

I think it is standard here and my experience was probably pretty normal.  I had to return some curtains at IKEA because they were defective. They first person said no return because the package is opened. I said yes I know but after I opened them I saw they were defective. He said no return on opened packaged. Then i said what about your no hassle return policy. He said yes on unopened items. Then I said well HOW DO I know they are defective before opening them??  He said no return. I was lividddddd o m g LIVID.  I said where is your boss. Ok so our convo wasn't that smooth as he had no English skills, not his fault but it's the the way it is.  So the supe over there ringing up other returns or issues didn't want to deal with it.   All in all we got a store credit for THEIR defective product. They don't give the remaining balance of store exchange. You have to use it all right then and there. So we were buying up weird stuff to make every riyal be taken. 

And omg this saudi guy was trying to talk to me while I was buying a mop. A mop. So, where are you from? What's your name? What??  So, all he knew about me is that I speak English natively. Despite my best efforts to speak in Arabic. It's just not like what the books say. But oh well...showee showee.

And the hovering has gotta go. I don't like to be hovered over while shopping. I hate it .. with a passion. Like if I had a long fork like dagger I'd accidentally turn around suddenly that's how bad I hate to be hovered over.

Lots more on my list. Im about to blow some fuses.  So I am staying home these days. Too much bazaaring makes me a wreck.

Dear Myyams, calm down, take a green tea with melissa, hold your ipod and put your headphones on your ears and start to listen ''skyfall'' from Adele.

Happy new year :-)

0502994716 Zahir Extra Management In-charge base in khobar next time any problem you facing please take the person name, department detail and inform to management on the same time.

bally_sa wrote:

0502994716 Zahir Extra Management In-charge base in khobar next time any problem you facing please take the person name, department detail and inform to management on the same time.

yep! that makes it just efficient...myyam is in Jeddah...

I try to check items before I reach the cashier, usually they're okay but sometimes they've obviously been returned because of a fault and just put back on the shelf. This doesn't always work as sometimes it'll appear okay then break within a couple of days, then I have to take two taxis to return it. Shopping around here is hardly ever a pleasant activity.

bally_sa wrote:

@ myyams...

Firstly .. A bright good morning for a Happy New Year.. Hope your after sales service dilemma disappeared with year 2013..

Secondly ... Call up Zahir in Khobar and get the person incharge contact details in Jeddah.. May be he can help you out..

Thirdly... Waiting to hear from you details about your next after sales service ,,,,,,,   :top:

All the Best !!

You are having tough time,  :/

Popolocroix wrote:
bally_sa wrote:

Dear make you clear that Extra Head-Office In Khobar

Things will get better.  I am calm.. and refilling my patience tank.  In intend to follow the 10 commandments, thou shalt not have a melt down and go to prison. =)  i am kidding. I am hopeful though.

After reading the news about the person being charged for twitter slander, I will also follow that ten commandment...thou shalt not twitter (or exblog) about others.    =)  see very cheerful now.

myyams wrote:

Things will get better.  I am calm.. and refilling my patience tank.  In intend to follow the 10 commandments, thou shalt not have a melt down and go to prison. =)  i am kidding. I am hopeful though.

After reading the news about the person being charged for twitter slander, I will also follow that ten commandment...thou shalt not twitter (or exblog) about others.    =)  see very cheerful now.

I personally think Twitter is not a suitable venue for airing grievances (or anything else, for that matter) but I read a report that it's hugely popular in this country, so maybe I'm a little biased against it - not because of its popularity here, just because.

But you make a very important point; airing anything online that is disrespectful to our hosts or their beliefs is often a BIG no no. Even saying something seemingly harmless on Facebook, such as criticising local driving standards, practices, general behaviour or anything about the Royals or Islam should not be done lightly/at all.

On the other hand, being critical of the standards of local retail establishments' attitudes to their customers I think is perfectly okay. At times it's good to vent (online), although before doing so counting to ten is a reasonable practice to follow. Personally I see writings online to be much closer to face-to-face communication than many others imagine, and the main differences are you have time to construct your thoughts and those thoughts are permanently available to anyone with an internet connection.

I was speaking, in the last week, with an above average student (actually he's extremely smart), who said that no one should criticise Islam online. I thought about that for a second and realised he is quite correct. Islam is a religion and a) should not be confused with laws brought forth by officials (in its name or not) and b) Islam is a religion and cannot speak back or argue its case. Being critical of individuals who can argue their own case is another matter entirely.

Take care, fellow bloggers!

I was being light.  I don't even have a twitter account. My fb account is as barren as the Saudi land. And I'm a Muslim and I do love other things about this country very very very much. Overall I'm in Paradise with a few exceptions, like shopping isn't such a pleasure or a normal time even. I'm not so rough and tough to deal with the mentality that you push your way,  find someone to push for you, or you get run over. Speaking of which I would not survive half an hour in traffic before seizing if I had to drive myself.  So I look at the not driving thing as preventive care.

I am overall a happy camper, having some bad shopping experiences. The good thing is that I rarely go shopping due to being so busy and plus difficulty in transportation til we find a driver. I would say my feelings and experiences are right on par for the short amount of time I've been here = )   

But I am thankful still...and being that I am Muslim am very very happy to be here.

bally_sa wrote:
Popolocroix wrote:
bally_sa wrote:

Dear make you clear that Extra Head-Office In Khobar

Yeah...you make the realization of poor customer services of Extra even more, that jeddah Peeps have to hunt them from their safe-haven Khobar...

Recently i furnished my apartment and home appliances were brought from Xtra....ur experience is scary though