Question ?

Friends !!

I have a question here in regards to a friend of mine..  He had left Saudi Arabia a year ago on an exit re-entry visa and did not return back for a year.. Now he has come back to the kingdom on a new visa, have been issued an Iqama already..

His previous sponsor feels disgraced by his return to Saudi Arabia and working for a different company.. The sponsor keeps on telling his friends that he will lodge a police complain that the employee had run away with some money and sold house hold items belonging to the company..

While this is completely a lie and no paperwork exists between them for any money taken as a loan or house hold items provided by the company..

Also It's been a year since the guy left the Kingdom on returned on a new visa.. If a complain had to be lodged, it should have been done earlier and not after one year..

Pls. spread some light on this issue ..

Thanks..

If the previous sponsor is such an ass, he might go ahead and lodge a complaint.  In such a case, your friend will unfortunately have to go to any court appearances.  However, since the previous sponsor is lying and there is no proof of anything he is saying, the case should be dismissed easily within a couple of sessions, at least I think so.

I thought that the penalty for not returning on an exit re-entry was being barred from coming back for 2 years?  If so, he might get into trouble, I don't know?

Trapezius wrote:

If the previous sponsor is such an ass, he might go ahead and lodge a complaint.  In such a case, your friend will unfortunately have to go to any court appearances.  However, since the previous sponsor is lying and there is no proof of anything he is saying, the case should be dismissed easily within a couple of sessions, at least I think so.

I thought that the penalty for not returning on an exit re-entry was being barred from coming back for 2 years?  If so, he might get into trouble, I don't know?

Trapezius.. Thanks.. for the reply.. I also did think it was two years.. but then he has come in legally.. Fingerprinted at the airport and Iqama issued for him.. which makes him a legal in this country.. 

I also hope he does not get into all these issues..

Maybe on his first company, he did not have his fingerprints recorded? I heard of pre-fingerprint days, wherein, a guy left with an exit-re-entry visa, but did not return, and in just 3 months of so, he came back for a new sponsor...armed with a new passport to get around!

But a year ago they were fingerprinting everybody, weren't they?

Popolocroix wrote:

Maybe on his first company, he did not have his fingerprints recorded? I heard of pre-fingerprint days, wherein, a guy left with an exit-re-entry visa, but did not return, and in just 3 months of so, he came back for a new sponsor...armed with a new passport to get around!

In fact his new Iqama has his photo which was taken during his previous stay in the kingdom.. He was all fingerprinted..
That is what amuses me.. It basically means he is legally in the country !!

To the best of what I know, the labor courts don't hear cases reported after one year of incidence. So nothing to worry about.